Disabling Corner Fogs

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Kincardineshire, scotland
screenprint.png

I don't seem to have the 4th section in byte 12. The drop down part in long coding?

Any ideas?

Anyone had this, I can't get into the coding to change anything :(

Moost

Feb 23, 2011
West Midlands
When i had mine turned last weekend it was a case of scrolling through a screen with lots different options till you came to corner lighting, then you went into that screen option which then gave you a choice of activate/deactive and that was it. Nothing like your screen shot on a previous post it took seconds to do.

Moost

Feb 23, 2011
West Midlands
That'd be useful thanks. It might have been updated to show the coding translation

I've spoke to my cuz today and he said it's the most upto date version there currently is, as they have service contracts for the whole VAG group. I will be talkin to the tech guy who did my fogs soon as he's fitting my springs for me, so I'll ask him for more info. But I can tell you the computer/monitor wouldn't look out place in an intensive care unit. It wasn't a small hand held unit.

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
i wanted to turn mine off, would seat be able to do this when i go in for a service?

If not is anyone near nottingham or derby that is able to do it ? lol

Or how much is that VCDS?

Aug 3, 2011
Least your seat dealer woudl do it. Mine said they didnt have the tools needed to do this. I advised them of what tools they are because anyone can do it with the right connection and surley a franchised dealer would have all the diagnostics equipment..

ahh well.

Aug 8, 2011
Braintree, Essex
The first guy I spoke said that it couldn't be done lol. I immediately replyed, yes it can. You obviously dont know much about what you sell.

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
lool, ask them why it is illegal to turn them off and ask which motoring law they are refering to :p

and just take a print out of one of the threads and how to do it, and say here do this.

Its just laziness from the dealer. i asked for mine to be done when i had my car serviced and they said we will have a look, and if it can be done we will have to charge you £5. and i asked why that much to press a couple buttons, in the end they didnt charge me :p

NathWraith

Misfiring like a boss
Sep 2, 2011
Staffordshire
The first guy I spoke said that it couldn't be done lol. I immediately replyed, yes it can. You obviously dont know much about what you sell.

lool, ask them why it is illegal to turn them off and ask which motoring law they are refering to :p

and just take a print out of one of the threads and how to do it, and say here do this.

Its just laziness from the dealer. i asked for mine to be done when i had my car serviced and they said we will have a look, and if it can be done we will have to charge you £5. and i asked why that much to press a couple buttons, in the end they didnt charge me :p

Both SEAT dealerships I went told me they couldn't turn my cornering fogs off for "safety reasons", then i told them I had adaptive xenons (which turn anyway) so the dealership turned my fogs off.

Just say to them, "so what about new cars with no turning fogs? are they all illegal?" then watch them stutter lol

viperfire

Feb 17, 2012
tried four canbus 501s yesterday and it thru up the warning light!

So i need to use two ultras for the outers and two canbus 501 for the inners and ill have no warning light eh?

i also lost a 501 canbus doing this and is was too tight to pull out of the outer hole and fell down behind the headlight where i couldn't reach lol!