arosa 1.7 sdi DXQ gearbox Casualty.

ilovemygt35r

hi
took my gearbox apart a few days ago, hoping i could re-build it but my heart sank as it split a handfull of teeth and bearings fell out so thats the end of him :censored:

next step was a trip to the stealers vw/seat and asked them if it any other box would fit, pretty predictable no "mate thats it" without bothering to look it up, checked ebay for a second hand box, all gone, and waiting to hear from scrapyards.

ive found the gearbox code DXQ and engine code is AKU, just wondering if anybody knows if any other box from any vw/seat will fit will fit it, and if they know the code?
have read the caddy fits (vw mas in overalls assures me it doesnt) and polo fits, looked at the ones on ebay they dont look like they fit.
thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
lupo or arosa only on these, when my diff snapped on my arosa i waited around 9 months before i found a second hand box which the next owner said let go

ilovemygt35r

hi racer
thanks for the reply, looks like ive got a long wait.

ilovemygt35r

gearbox spec
DED
FFV
THE SAME
DPX next but overall gear ratio slightly lower
and at a push DXG/DXJ

hi towcester
are you sure? can i ask where to find this info, as i was told the the only box that fits is the DXQ, have also been told the polo tdi and caddy also fits but have looked at them and they dont fit for sure as the gear linkages are different.
thanks

towcester vag

Oct 17, 2011
duston northants
i put your details into elsa windows
these gearbox nos came up as same type and ratios
unless the arosa is altered from the lupo you need a 085 type gearbox which is cable clutch?
the caddy has a 02j/02m different hydraulic clutch
where are you based? as local breakers to me may have one!

ilovemygt35r

hi towcester
where do you get this elsa for windows is it a main dealers program?
im near andover, thats right its called a 085 box with cable whats the name of the breakers near you ill give then a bell, ive contacted lots
thank you

towcester vag

Oct 17, 2011
duston northants
elsa windows is vws factory workshop manual

vrs 01604 705247 northampton tell them i sent you
stevens vw 01245 362020 essex/kent
cms 01332371819
a5 01525 210978 dunstable
sanburn autos 02476 637376 coventry
could it be repaired ?

ilovemygt35r

hi towcester
where can i get Elsa?
i was hoping it could be repaired but its very very damaged, thanks for the number wll give them a go

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.