Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

underpressure

Jan 12, 2012
Germany
i will use the controller from crc-performance.com (i have not enough posts to post the link). If you need some help for translation let me know.

I think Boba (MK2 16VT) and 16Vampire (MK2 16VT) use the same controller.

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
I didn't even think about the torsen system as the haldex is what's used in the Leon 4's / R32's S3's etc.
Then I'll just leave it with that!

There is a SQS manual adjustable haldex controller that you can fit to lock the diff all the time. There is a version of this available that has a handbrake cut off switch that opens the diff.
Sounds more like it! Did you read up on them? They're not as pricey as well I guess? I could have used a piece like that my self! :)

supercopa
Now this should be interresting. :D

ShizTheBiz

Oct 25, 2010
Grimsby/Cleethorpes
cracking work pal should be a right animal. you had best lock your pets up when you start it or you may get minced cat insode your turbo when it gets sucked up by it!

one thing thats confused me is why did you replace the for rather then just bolting everything onto the exisiting one

have you ever considered a arc intercooler? they can handle the power you are after and a maffhugeass

keep up the top work :)

bendohhh

Nov 11, 2010
Stockton
cracking work pal should be a right animal. you had best lock your pets up when you start it or you may get minced cat insode your turbo when it gets sucked up by it!

one thing thats confused me is why did you replace the for rather then just bolting everything onto the exisiting one

have you ever considered a arc intercooler? they can handle the power you are after and a maffhugeass

Are you meaning why did he replace the floor?

It's because the standard FWD leon floor wouldn't allow him to fit the necessary bits to make it 4WD.

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Jetex have a 100mm neck filter supposedly good for over 800bhp (ER-10003) :blink: £68.....

Measures in at a svelt 190 x 282mm :D

Mmmm svelt :D cheers bud will look into that.

i will use the controller from crc-performance.com (i have not enough posts to post the link). If you need some help for translation let me know.

Thanks i will look into it. :)

Then I'll just leave it with that!

Sounds more like it! Did you read up on them? They're not as pricey as well I guess? I could have used a piece like that my self! :)

Now this should be interresting. :D

Thanks, and yeh the SQS ones are much cheaper :D

Yeh i did see it but after looking at the bumper clearance on Dans (murderedlcr) there wouldn't be room. i want it sitting nice and low and try and fill the monster front arches, thinking not as stretched tyres as Dans on the front would help.

How to ruin a carbon splitter paint it white

:yes:

Exactly what I was thinking!

Yep it mat aswell be made of plastic if you can't see the weave ;)

Graham the filter was a Green Cotton one, made by Green Cotton :)

Cheers Joe, gonna look into it bud.

Graham you a legend for what your doing with your car I can only dream of having the skills you have sir. Massive respect

This car just gets better

Thanks for the kind comments :D much appreciated.

Thanks, your right tho gonna have to keep the cats in the house for test fire.... the wife wouldn't be happy if i minced one of them up in the turbot.

what do you mean why did i replace the "for" i'm not following you :confused:

Are you meaning why did he replace the floor?

It's because the standard FWD leon floor wouldn't allow him to fit the necessary bits to make it 4WD.

Thanks for that mate, exactly right :D

So i managed to sneak a few hours in the garage last night whilst the wife was out cutting hair..

Masked and sanded down some of the plastic filler i used near the ends of the bumper.
I then gave it a liberal coating of plaggy filling primer -

e41d4185.jpg

8c766a76.jpg

bb77d9db.jpg

The bumper will need flattening again but im gonna leave that to the body shop.

So hopefully sneak another couple of hours this week at some point.... trying not to rock the boat with the missus, been prepping the baby room. Going to mammas & papas on friday so i may be a good couple of grand lighter.
Sorry to say this but the project may start slowing due to the impending young-un, gonna find it hard to find the money for major purchases.....

It will get done but it may be delayed :cry:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Sorry to hear about the delays graham, I'm sure once your mrs gives birth your child will become the most important thing in your life. My mrs wants to get pregnant soon too, but it does meen I can keep number 1 spot at badger5 for a while :D

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Sorry to hear about the delays graham, I'm sure once your mrs gives birth your child will become the most important thing in your life. My mrs wants to get pregnant soon too, but it does meen I can keep number 1 spot at badger5 for a while

I'm not to worried about the build being delayed it was always gonna happen having a baby, i'm so over the moon about the impending arrival that no car would ever get me down.

I've been off all week to sort out our spare room and start turning it into a nursery.... Managed to get the room all cleared out, new carpet down and spent a couple of grand on baby related stuff.

Cos i've been such a good boy and not been in the garage the missus let me have today and tomorrow in the garage.......

So cracked on with getting the car ready bodywork wise and started off with the Supercopa rear wing.

So after much deliberating i decided that running a perspex rear window on a majority road car would be torture, too noisy and rattley.
So i decided to run the spoiler mount through the metal part of the boot, the only thing would be the wing will sit a couple of inches further back....

I started by measuring everything and marking the boot where the slots for the spoiler mount would come through -

IMG_0107.jpg

Decided to cut the slots with a small angle grinder with a cutting disc in -

IMG_0109.jpg

I then ran a drill down to cut the second skin on the inside, i then chain drilled it out and also gave it a buzz with the grinder again.

Because the upper mounting points of the spoiler mount were nowhere near i carefully cut the mount and removed the horizontal support - i will reweld it once i know the position is correct and I'm happy with the height / angle of the mount.

Here's a picky of it just dropped into place -

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

Because the angle had changed i had to cut and bend the lower mounting points so the angle was correct to the mounting point on the boot, again once finalised i will reweld.
Here's the mount in place on the inside -

IMG_0113.jpg

By this point i was itching to see what it was gonna look like with the spoiler on but i didn't have the top brackets for the wing, so good old fashioned cable ties were used to hold it on to get some pics -

Looking a bit wonky but you get the gist -

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

One from the inside -

IMG_0118.jpg

Break for pictures........

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
I then decided to remove the facelift rear spoiler as i want the Supercopa rear spoiler to be functional so i wanted to fit the cover to the top of the rear screen.

As the top spoiler cover is designed to be used with a perspex screen it has captive screws along the lower edge to join to the window.

I tried the top spoiler on but these captive screws were in the way.... so out came the angle grinder and cut them off till they heated the glue up and popped off -

Screws in question (one has white glue all over it), you can also see the carbon weave on the back of it :p

IMG_0119.jpg

Screwed it down on the boot -

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

Well I'm over the moon with how it looks, i know it won't be everyones cuppa tea but i think it'll look great with the front wings and some motorsport stye wheels.

What do you guys reckon ?

Last edited:

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
It's suppose to come though the window, just thought living with a perspex rear screen would be hard.
Gonna try and adjust the angle a bit towards the car so it's more above the screen rather than behind, more like the original race cars.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Nicely done. I'd forgotten the roof spoiler wasn't open like the road cars.

Nice improvisation as well to avoid the perspex

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members