iPod Cable with Combined USB Aux Option

thejonesy

Hi all,
1st post!

Just bought a cable from Ebay, after much searching using the Seat part no. I found this German ebay shop;

adapter-universe, if you input the part no. 000051785B it should come up with the correct cable. Sorry can't post a link, not enough posts yet.

They had a cable with the Ibiza part no. for 25 euros +postage. Made an offer of 20 euros and secured the deal, just noticed they're selling them for 20 euros now! It arrived pretty quick, no idea if it works yet because I haven't had the car but it looks right!

Hope this helps :D

Got the car now and the cable works a treat with my iPod Touch

Last edited by a moderator:

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
Just out of curiosity - does anyone have the iPod Cradle that they advertise?

Does it really require a SEAT Technician wasting his and my time to fit or can I persuade it in there myself?

£130 or something ridiculous my Stealer charges the Cradle + fitting!

Pfft... No chance :D

Certainly looks like it's a quick fit from the photo's!

Jun 17, 2011
Grimsby/Birmingham
Just out of curiosity - does anyone have the iPod Cradle that they advertise?

Does it really require a SEAT Technician wasting his and my time to fit or can I persuade it in there myself?

£130 or something ridiculous my Stealer charges the Cradle + fitting!

Pfft... No chance :D

Certainly looks like it's a quick fit from the photo's!

£130 for the cradle and fitting?! are they actually serious!?!?! lol...i got mine for £82 and fitted it in myself which literally took like 5 seconds to put in..all you gotta do is just slot it in thats it..just get it from a Seat dealership or you can go for cheaper version and find something on ebay.

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
fitted it in myself which literally took like 5 seconds to put in..all you gotta do is just slot it in thats it.

Thanks very much :)

Found then SEAT one on SEAT Accessories for £74, that'll do me!

Car's spent too much time in that garage this past week :lol:

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
5 months old now - it was only a fuse that needed replacing but you know how garages are.... ;)

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
Damn, I've been caught out again, SEAT Accessories says:

Please select your version above

Version 1
iPod Classic 160GB and 80GB
iPod Video 30GB
iPod Nano 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generation

Version 2
iPod Nano 4th Generation

Price quoted does not include fitting

I have a Nano 5th Gen...

I can't imagine there's much difference in fitting between the 4th and 5th generation of Nano though! :shrug:

AdrianD

Jun 9, 2011
Clacton on Sea
All that is req'd to fit it is either double sided tape or screw provided :) personally it is a great fitment fits in very easily speak to david see what he can do for you

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
All that is req'd to fit it is either double sided tape or screw provided :) personally it is a great fitment fits in very easily speak to david see what he can do for you

do you know if it works with the 5th generation nano?

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
Just been perusing SEATS website and found that for a 5th Generation NANO iPod you will require parts No:

6J0051700C (5th Gen iPod Nano Cradle) RRP £10
6J0051700A (iPod Cradle with Cable) RRP £74

The 2nd number is the generic cradle with the Nano Cradle being an adaptor (similar to the way the 4th gen fits into the cradle). My Stealer had the original cradle in stock but I've got the 5th Gen adaptor coming in tomorrow morning :)

loonymoon

This may be a stupid question and perhaps in the wrong place (please move if so), but I don't have an ipod or iphone. Can I plug a normal USB stick with MP3's into the USB port (i.e. is it a normal USB port) currently I have a JVC unit with USB port and have a few sticks with MP3's on that I like to play. (Don't have the car yet so can't just look/ try it out).

Beenz

Sep 4, 2010
Chips n ham Wiltshire
I can confirm that the BMW cable used in the 1st post of this thread works with the 4th gen (current Jan 2012 version) 32G iPod touch. It did not update the head display of the song following the first track with Genius playlists when I tried it though, worked perfect on normal album play.

It would be interesting to know from any owners of the genuine Seat version see the same.

PrinceRock

Hi all apologies if someone has already posted this link but I bought one of these leads off of ebay, item number 200686961621 £13 next day delivery, and can confirm full compatibility with iPod Nano 3g and 4g, iPhone and iPod Touch 5g. I mailed the seller before I bought it asking about compatibility and they said if it wasn't 100% compatible they would give me a full refund, can't say fairer than that can you.

mackemdave

Feb 10, 2012
I'm a new owner of an Ibiza SC Sportrider on Wednesday, just bought a cable off eBay for £10.99 and it works a treat. Am I allowed to post info up here?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise