BBS vs. TSW?

P.LeonCR

Hey guys!

Im planning to buy new rims but I have these 2 options left.

1. BBS CK (available only in Brilliant Silver?)
2. TSW Nurburgring RF (Gunmetal or Bronze?)

Both should go well in LCR with 8x19 ET44/45 and 235/35/19. Car's without lowering.

Anyway, I'd like to know if you guys have some knowledge / experiences about TSW wheels? Quality? I believe it's not anywhere near BBS but... [B)]

And then, what do you guys prefer? BBS or TSW, and which color? My car's speed blue.:p

Cheers!

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
Between the two it will always be BBS for me, the quality would be better. But it depends on your budget, as I would imagine the BBS would be more

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

gak47

Its close for me... I like them both but the style of the TSW's more... not sure on colour though. May not be as good quality as BBS but the styling looks good to me.

P.LeonCR

Its close for me... I like them both but the style of the TSW's more... not sure on colour though. May not be as good quality as BBS but the styling looks good to me.
Yea exactly. I think TSW looks better indeed, but BBS's better quality... and more expensive ofc. Quality costs...:D I'll definitely go with BBS if it's not that much expensive. I actually got an offer already for TSW, 1450€ / set (1160 GBP) and if I'm not totally wrong, BBS should be something around 2000€-2500€ :blink:

I asked CH-R's too but I think that those are waay more expensive than CK's... but looks better tho...

and what comes to colour, I prefer dark wheels... anthracite or black... not that chrome look sh*t...:D

P.LeonCR

Plus BBS are seen a bit more than the tsw so you would have a little more exclusivity
Nah, I haven't seen BBS' here in Finland that much... maybe because it's that expensive... But I got the offer for the BBS wheels and I'm pretty surprised, CK' are exactly the same price than TSW :blink: guess which ones I choose... :D CH-R's was 2050€ / set, expensive yeah but not as much as I thought..think I'll go with CH-R's!:happy:

Sep 19, 2010
Glasgow
Always liked these wheels and always a favourite for Vag cars.

http://www.velocitymotoring.com/wheels_v710.html

0bd5a32e.jpg

P.LeonCR

Always liked these wheels and always a favourite for Vag cars.
Good looking wheels too, almost same as TSW? Only problem that there's no reseller for VMR wheels here so it's quite difficult to get them.

Anyhow, I decided to take CH-R's in Satin Black. Really cool looking and should fit with LCR because there's so much black on the car already.. mirror covers... part of the hood... everything [B)]

ch-r_black.jpg

Now the question is will 235/35 tyres do or should I take 255/35 or 255/40... I'd like to have Nokian tyres but there's only 235/35 and 255/40 which is too big in my opinion... Oh and rims are 8.5x19.

Sep 19, 2010
Glasgow
Good looking wheels too, almost same as TSW? Only problem that there's no reseller for VMR wheels here so it's quite difficult to get them.

Anyhow, I decided to take CH-R's in Satin Black. Really cool looking and should fit with LCR because there's so much black on the car already.. mirror covers... part of the hood... everything [B)]

ch-r_black.jpg

Now the question is will 235/35 tyres do or should I take 255/35 or 255/40... I'd like to have Nokian tyres but there's only 235/35 and 255/40 which is too big in my opinion... Oh and rims are 8.5x19.

Damn I've been looking at those....get pics up once fitted so I can see

Gareth 265 R

Aug 4, 2011
Harrogate
I love the standard wheels on mine, don't think I would swap for any of the above. My lcr is the same colour as yours and reckon powder coating the standards would look better and be a shot load cheaper. Never thought of bronze, but it would look pretty good having seen your link. But that is only my opinion.

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
I'm a bit surprised at you LCR owners wanting to swap your wheels off, they are one of the best bits of the car and they are light and strong too.

The TSWs are a very nice style, but may be heavy. I've been running a set of 19'' CKs now for a while and like them so much that I kept the wheels when I changed car!
One bit of advice I will give is that with an 8 inch wide rim 235 tyres are better than 225s for kerb protection (but only just).

The CH-Rs look superb though. Expensive but worth it if you can stretch to the cost.

P.LeonCR

I'm a bit surprised at you LCR owners wanting to swap your wheels off, they are one of the best bits of the car and they are light and strong too.

The TSWs are a very nice style, but may be heavy. I've been running a set of 19'' CKs now for a while and like them so much that I kept the wheels when I changed car!
One bit of advice I will give is that with an 8 inch wide rim 235 tyres are better than 225s for kerb protection (but only just).

The CH-Rs look superb though. Expensive but worth it if you can stretch to the cost.
Sure those wheels look great too. I'll ofc keep them as reserve :D

Actually the TSW's aren't that heavy, only ~9kgs which I think is quite a bit for 19-inch wheels :D

Thanks guys for your opinions but I ordered those BBS CH-R's already! [B)] Rims are 8.5 inches wide but 235 tyres should be ok.. hopefully...

I'll post some pics when I get them... and when I get them installed... :D And then we'll see if the car needs some lowering... I think H&R sport springs would be enough... 25-30mm lowering.. :think:
Anyway delivery takes only 4-5 working days, but I can't install them yet because here's so cold and icy that I still have to use winter tyres. :censored:

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
The production quality of BBS is lightyears better than most other brands but they come at a price (they didn't go broke several times for a reason)
CK's also came in Gunmetal grey but they are ET44 so only 225 35 19 will fit without rubbing.
Imho Ch's look better but only come in ET51 (in that case 235 35 19 will fit)
We tested the ch-r's but these didn't without pulling the fenders (but maybe BBS has a version with a higher ET value nowadays.

Manny

2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI
Nov 27, 2010
BBS All the Way

I fell inlove with mine soon as i saw them and had to have them! :D
DSC00788.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise