Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
Rear spoiler and fins don't look good,

What are you creating? A decent car or one of those drawings you did at Junior school when it was raining outside?

YOUR AN ASS, if you have nothing constructive to say do 1 , this project is one of the only reasons i come on this forum anymore i wish i had the talent skill and comfidence to do something like this.

he his not following the trend and just bolting a huge turbo and away you go in a FWD car the guy as taught about best way to delivery power with handling to suit . everytime i see it i'm amazed

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
What are you on about? When it rained outside at my local Junior school (and I'm not much older than you), everyone had to stay inside at lunchtime or break, and most people drew pictures.
**edited for posterity**

Theres at least one on every forum and you have just confirmed that you are a bell end.

Give this number a ring 11821 do 1 :censored:

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Safe trip Graham

As above.

Looking forward to your return.

Cheers Lads :) back now from Germany, unfortunately didn't get any work done on the car at the weekend - the missus made me work in the nursery assembling furniture & painting...... a sign of things to come.
Only 3 weeks till she's due now, and still got some work to do in the nursery this weekend.
Gonna get cracking and try and get it all done this weekend so i can get back on with the car for a couple of weekends before the young-un comes along :)

YOUR AN ASS, if you have nothing constructive to say do 1 , this project is one of the only reasons i come on this forum anymore i wish i had the talent skill and comfidence to do something like this.

he his not following the trend and just bolting a huge turbo and away you go in a FWD car the guy as taught about best way to delivery power with handling to suit . everytime i see it i'm amazed

Cheers bud, i've seen loads of his posts in threads just trying to get into arguments and generally being a tool.... total keyboard warrior, he's probably 4ft 10 lives with his mam and a virgin (no offence to any virgin dwarfs out there :D)

Love this build thread this cars gonna be a monster. Hat off to ya mate you got some skills [B)]:clap:

Thanks mate, it's killing me at the moment knowing i've still got so much to do - and knowing that in a couple of weeks i'm going to have more important things on my mind.

Wow. Grass is always greener; now I'm wishing I got into engineering as opposed to electronics!
Good work & best of luck with it.

Cheers Mate, i started off on a AGNVQ in computers originally... got bored and sacked it off then went and joined a YTS scheme in engineering - luckily i got an apprenticeship and the rest just history now :D

Theres at least one on every forum and you have just confirmed that you are a bell end.

Give this number a ring 11821 do 1 :censored:

LOL yep there's more than just one on this forum tho....

So hopefully get something done this weekend and try and update the thread. Sorry for the slow progress guys it's frustrating atm but it'll come together soon..... hopefully.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Graham,
I've the ABS and ESP controller out now and it does specifically say its only for quattro
Part number is 8N0 907 379 E, the complete unit for everything is part number is 8N0 614 517 A
I have also noticed that this controller is mounted in a different orientation on the leon to the audi.
The leon also has larger ports and hardpipes that go to the brembos, assume they require more fluid to move more pistons, new harpiping will have to be done to suit
I thought i'd post this for you as you are well ahead of me so will need it first

Last edited:

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Cheers for the tip Tim. Is the wiring that plugs into the abs unit seperate or part of the main car loom ?
As mines not gonna be a daily i was thinking of just running a SQS mechanical setup, just for ease really so i don't have to mess about changing abs units / wiring looms etc.

Anyways thanks again for the info.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I think its part of the main loom but not 100% sure, but there is a fuse that gets pulled to run the quattros on a RR so expect its all tied in
I have looked at the SQS controls but thought they only acted as the haldex controller and still require all the inputs from ecu, etc
I did think about running these standalone systems but they all seem to put much more strain on the unit and i dont really want to be changing it out on a regular basis
I just happened to be moving the unit and saw the numbers so i thought id put them up for you

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
I think its part of the main loom but not 100% sure, but there is a fuse that gets pulled to run the quattros on a RR so expect its all tied in
I have looked at the SQS controls but thought they only acted as the haldex controller and still require all the inputs from ecu, etc
I did think about running these standalone systems but they all seem to put much more strain on the unit and i dont really want to be changing it out on a regular basis
I just happened to be moving the unit and saw the numbers so i thought id put them up for you

Cheers for the info mate.

thats a top job .. bet its going to be epic

Thanks mate, i'm still a while of being finished but i'm moving again now after a couple of weeks of due to baby stuff.

wow, this project is something so amazing and so proffesional :thumbup:

Cheers from Finland

Cheers Mate :D

Smallish Update -

Well i got home early this weekend and got cracking on with the car while the missus was at work. I've been wanting to take the dash out for ages but have been dreading it :cry:

Turned out to be a bit of a arse to get out, but got there in the end -

IMG_0234.jpg

I really wanted to get the dash out so i could make a front part for the roll cage to follow the A-pillars down behind the dash.
I'm still not 100% sure on which way to go with the inside, as far as i can see it i have two options -

1/. Just run rear cage & install carpets, door cards, nice recliners, LCR Headlining & Plastics = more comfy + less noisy + easier (less painting / welding etc)

2/. Go with Full on Cage, no sound deadening, carpets & two fixed bucket seats =
Noisy if going to shows etc = Lighter & Stiffer chassis due to the full cage & Bars etc, Better handling.....BUT more work, make front cage (got material already) strip and paint inside white before painting car exterior.

Really i'm only gonna be using the car for having a blast around / the odd track day and hopefully a couple of shows..... so i'm kinda leaning towards full cage...... ah decisions decisions....

Anyhow this morning a parcel arrived from Clay @ CTS Turbo.... WINNING !!!!!

So contents -

Integrated Engineering IECVA1's Performance Camshafts - Street / strip Camshafts.
Injector Dynamics ID1000's
Eurodyne Maestro Tuning interface cable / Box
IE Manual Cambelt Tensioner Billet Idler roller (for PhillC)

Unfortunately my SEM still hash't arrived yet - Clay hasn't had any delivery's from the cowboys making the manifolds yet :cry:
Gutted as it's been on order / payed for since the start of this year.

Anyhow some piccy's of the goodies -

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

Here's the info that came with the cams -

IMG_0237.jpg

97bhp gain on a GT30 sized turbo, my EFR8374 flows slightly more than a GT40 so i'm guessing the gains will be incredible.

Gonna try and get a new VVT unit, new ARP cam pulley bolt & VVT gasket for the cam install.
The maestro software now has the ability to switch the VVT on and off at certain rpm's so it can be used it to help spool up / switching it @ 2500 - 3000rpm.
Custom code VVT attack maps used this function to help create good low down figures / spool up.

Well i'm off into the garage to continue sanding / maybe start making the front roll cage.

So long for now.

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
Yeah i'm gonna vote full cage as well.
When this beast is done you're gonna want all the noises! ;-)

100++HP from cams you say? Nice. Makes me wonder what it'll put out in total once finished... :-D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members