SEAT Ibiza Cupra Concept MY2012

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Beijing, 22.04.2012 – At the Volkswagen Group media evening that heralds the start of the Beijing International Motor Show, SEAT presented the Ibiza CUPRA Concept as a close-to-production concept car.

The Ibiza CUPRA Concept shows the SEAT DNA in its most concentrated form – amazing performance, the latest technology and comprehensive equipment clad in an emotional design that has been consistently developed. With its compact form, the Ibiza CUPRA Concept is a sports car for every day, combining agile driving fun with a high degree of functionality. The series-production model of the new Ibiza CUPRA will arrive towards the end of the year.

main.php

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

CaptainCaveman

Ibiza Cupra Concept

Not sure if this has been mentioned but noticed today that information and pictures regarding the new facelift cupra have been released.

Clicky

Not sure im overly keen looks less aggresive from the front compared to current model, but them yellow trimed seats look like they could be nice :)

Thoughts and comments ?

lefkon

Feb 7, 2011
dont like it. the rear seems completely the same to me and even though i like the FL fr the front in those pictures could be done muc better. about the interior i found the sat/nav pointless. someone could just buy a decent sat/nav for a few bucks nowadays. what would be nice is a new sound package with more and better speakers, added amplifiers and underseat subs and a new touchscreen headunit. like bmw and audi offerfor their cars. i love the color though.

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Quite like that. Reigning in the design to look like mk4. Still prefer the pre facelift though. If only the new lights fitted. Massive lower grill though. Lots of airflow there

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
dont like it. the rear seems completely the same to me and even though i like the FL fr the front in those pictures could be done muc better. about the interior i found the sat/nav pointless. someone could just buy a decent sat/nav for a few bucks nowadays. what would be nice is a new sound package with more and better speakers, added amplifiers and underseat subs and a new touchscreen headunit. like bmw and audi offerfor their cars. i love the color though.

I agree - infact they've actually replaced the standard head unit with a lower spec one, having transferred most of the media functionality to the portable unit.

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
Prefer this over the current Cupra, the new one looks simpler, more 'muscular' and not as much of the toy car look that the current Ibiza is going down as it really hasn't dated very well.

This new car will look terrific in track grey, speed blue or fingers crossed dakota red, the darker colours would really help pop those DRLs. Anyone else of the opinion that the large black grill is to help make up for no Bocanegra version?

Fredthered

Nov 3, 2009
North West
Has anyone else noticed that this new cupra model seems to a 'R' badge (or some form of) appearing on the front upper grill and on the steering wheel?? but no cupra logo on the front as the current ibiza model does

(Drops a pebble and walks away to watch the ripples) lol

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
Having just looked at it again, must admit I'm quite disappointed with the alloys - but that's more about the full range rather than just the Cupra - they look like the standard 17" ones that come with the previous Sport model.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members