James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Chuffed for you James, the bay looks good but the dyno sheets look awesome, nice wide power band & smooth.

Seems like a great set-up you've put together and hats off to Bill as always.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
What a nuisance the hosepipe ban is proving to be, my car is pure filth since driving back in all that rain on Saturday and I really don't want to wash the car without using my snow foam and to do that I need to use the hosepipe.

I understand why there is a hosepipe ban but for people that drive nice cars and that take care of them it is frustrating. Might have to take it up to the jetwash at the local garage and pressure wash it there.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Tyre Time

Well as expected the time has come for me to look at getting a decent set of tyres to complement the new found power! The car isn't really going to be used that much as I have a car that I commute to work in which is FAR more economical so it is really going to be a "weekend toy".

I run the standard LCR alloys on it at the moment which are 225/40/18, the car did have a set of Falken 452 of which the OSF had worn very badly on the inside edge which can only really be put down to tracking issues when the coilovers where fitted.

I have shortlisted 4 tyres based on 4 factors (taken from tyrereviews.co.uk) in priority order.

1. Dry grip
2. Wet Grip
3. Wear
4. Price

The choices of tyre that I have short listed are as follows. (Prices taken from camskill)

1. Vreidestein Ultrac Sessanta @ £102.00 ea
2. Toyo T1-R @ £94.30 ea
3. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym @ £117.00 ea
4. Falken 452 @ £75.00 ea

Top Dry Grip Performance
1. Goodyear Eagle - 92%
2. Vreidetein Ultra Sessanta - 91%
3. Toyo T1-R - 84%
4. Falken 452 - 83%

Top Wet Grip Performance
1. Goodyear Eagle - 91%
2. Vreidestein Ultra Sessanta - 90%
3. Toyo T1-R - 75%
4. Falken 452 - 74%

Wear Rate
1. Vreidestein Ultra Sessanta - 77%
2. Goodyear Eagle - 72%
3. Falken 452 - 70%
4. Toyo T1-R - 64%

By these results I think the Falken 452 & Toyo T1-R are not really in the running as the dry performance doesn't stack up with the other 2 so now it comes down to wear & price and for the 1% that the Goodyear tyre is better, I don't think it is worth £60 a set so am leaning towards the Vreidestein's.

Has anyone got any experience with the above 4 tyres, I have experience with the Toyo & Falken but that is only because I have been to tight in the past to spend the extra cash on the other 2 :D but now I have spent all this money on the car, I want something decent holding me to the road.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I'm on my second set of Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas now, I think they're awesome. They were even good in the snow the winter before last. Mine cope just fine with 285bhp, 467 is another story though :)

I had the Falken 452's before them, which I thought were pretty poor, even in the dry and standard power. The Falkens are a budget tyre IMHO, poor in good conditions and pretty hopeless in the wet.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
I'm on my second set of Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas now, I think they're awesome. They were even good in the snow the winter before last. Mine cope just fine with 285bhp, 467 is another story though :)

I had the Falken 452's before them, which I thought were pretty poor, even in the dry and standard power. The Falkens are a budget tyre IMHO, poor in good conditions and pretty hopeless in the wet.

I am leaning heavily towards the Vreidestein's now! :D

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Just had a look at Dunlop SportMaxx RT - get 98% for dry grip & 95% for wet grip.

Decisions decisions....

Edit - Can't seem to get hold of these yet anyway...

Think i'm going to have a bash with the Sessanta

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.