2011 Black Sapphire BMW 335D M Sport - CAR STOLEN YH11 HJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
I actually dont understand why people are tying to steer you away from the Audi.. Brilliant car!!

Orrrr.... You can just tell the Misses to pipe down, and get a Porsche Cayman ;)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
You not fancying one of these Maz?

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/276016/driven_toyota_gt_86.html

Far better drivers car and will be far less common :)

Oh and LOTS cheaper !!!!!
Good car but not really what i am looking for. If I was going to buy effectively a two seater I would get a Porsche. Also one Evo review really put me off was the actually performance in normal day to day conditions. Overtaking was a "nightmare".

£25k for a car like that to me is a hell of a lot of money. Rather have a 370Z...

There really good looking but not very quick or tuneable...
Sorry to hear about the Beemer aswell mate.
cough "mk2 RS" cough
MK2 RS is a bit too loud for me.

I actually dont understand why people are tying to steer you away from the Audi.. Brilliant car!!

Orrrr.... You can just tell the Misses to pipe down, and get a Porsche Cayman ;)
I am not sure either hehe.

What's the big differences in cost of the S3 and S4 Maz?
For the specification I want your looking at a good £26k-27K for a hatchback thats second hand! Rather have a powerful saloon.

To buy or to run day to day :D?
S4 probably isnt that cheap to run you are right but then I do 5000miles a year.

The new GT86?

Mmmmm quick at the POD or fun to drive ... 'quick' is relative. Fun is key or at least that's what I look for when I buy a car.
I am not going for outright speed or outright fun. I am trying to find a nice balance. My hobbies require me to have a decent sized boot and Mrs wants a baby at some point.

Feb 14, 2012
Slough
I am not going for outright speed or outright fun. I am trying to find a nice balance. My hobbies require me to have a decent sized boot and Mrs wants a baby at some point.

S4, S5 or RS4 seems to fit your needs perfectly, if running costs arent a major factor.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
You not fancying one of these Maz?

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/276016/driven_toyota_gt_86.html

Far better drivers car and will be far less common :)

Oh and LOTS cheaper !!!!!

Nice car, but looking at the power curve it looks like your going to have to rev it to get it to go, so for me I'd rather have a Cayman or Z4, neither of which I'd buy as there is no room for a spare wheel. . .

There really good looking but not very quick or tuneable...

It does not have to be quick to be fun. . .

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
I have ruled out the Megane RS 250 Cup. I have also partly ruled out the S3 due to the cost of them.

I test drove an S4 and loved it. Drawn up a list of what spec I want and now for the insurance payout and finding the right one.

How come the RS250 was ruled out? Just couldn't get used to the lower spec interior?
£245 for Road Tax and 250-300 mile range is putting me off at the moment.
Alex

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
S4, S5 or RS4 seems to fit your needs perfectly, if running costs arent a major factor.
You are right. The S5 is a tad big for my liking and heavy. S4/RS4 seem to be the right size.

How come the RS250 was ruled out? Just couldn't get used to the lower spec interior?
£245 for Road Tax and 250-300 mile range is putting me off at the moment.
Alex
I think its a fantastic car, I really do. I also think the interior is quite good and has come on a long way since the olden days of Renaults. The Audi rep I was talking to used to work for Renault and he also said the 250 Cup is an awesome car. What did it for me was the fact that a fully specced one I am looking at spending 20k-21k with all the features I want (Sat Nav, Recaro leathers, parking sensors, 19" alloys). The Renault in 3 years time will lose a a hell of a lot of money and lets face it, may start rattling by then.

When I sat down in the Audi and my brother we both went "wow". The interior quality is better than BMWs which just shocked me. I really really loved my 335d but when I got in the S4 I was blown away by the interior. Also test drive was pretty good so that effectively ruled out the Renault. Even sitting in an S3 the gulf in quality is immense.

I am looking for a specific spec for the Audi S4. It has to have

1) Sat Nav
2) Super sport seats: http://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a4/s4-saloon/interior-style-features/sports-seats.html

AND if I can find one with an Audi Sport Differential then massive bonus. Thats pretty rare unfortunately so as long as the top two are met then brilliant!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Still think it's a lot of cash to pay for for barge weight and numb steering .....
I am beyond the age whereby my bones need to be rattled and I can hear the outside more than I can the person sitting next to me inside.

Yes its an expensive car but tbh so are most cars nowadays. 90% of the time is normal driving and I want that 90% to be in comfort. The 10% you drive spirited has to be fun too. Its probably best in class next along with the 3 series as a fast good handling super saloon.

At end of the day its pitched as a high performance saloon not a 2 seater sports car or a hot hatch.

Last edited:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
The only caveat i'd add is that when you're paying that kind of money for a car, you want to be sure there are NO extras that need adding and as few options for tuning as possible as you bought it as fast / quick / good handling / complete as you need.

That said, the reason i don't bother with a 'thread' about cars these days is to avoid the toerags casually browsing the net looking for stuff to pinch whilst supping Tennents Super and booking their next slot on Kyle.

Is this your attempt at kidding yourself you're done with modding ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members