Mk4 Fmic

willmedd

Hi all

Im not really that clued up on intercoolers,but would like to know what would be the immediate difference in performance with a forge FMIC fitted in my FR 20VT. Its basically standard at moment with the standard SMIC.

Cheers Will

kopec56

Feb 16, 2009
frodsham
has any 1 got any pics of the forge fmic mounted to a pre face lift fr tdi 130 as im thinking of doing that and just wonderd if its easy any advice will help thanks

Tuneboy

It has been asked and said here before but I read so much and trust so little, so to be sure:

If you want to change the SMIC to a FMIC but have a FR TDI 130PD with facelift FR bumper AND Xenons/Washers. Which intercooler+pipe-kit will be the right choice? Or is it just not possible to keep the washers (I need those for the Belgian MOT).

I prefer the Seat Sport with Forge pipes, but that might interfere with the washers, right?

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
It has been asked and said here before but I read so much and trust so little, so to be sure:

If you want to change the SMIC to a FMIC but have a FR TDI 130PD with facelift FR bumper AND Xenons/Washers. Which intercooler+pipe-kit will be the right choice? Or is it just not possible to keep the washers (I need those for the Belgian MOT).

I prefer the Seat Sport with Forge pipes, but that might interfere with the washers, right?

I'm sure you can't fit a FMIC with XENON washer jets for the headlights. Either the Forge FMIC or SEAT Sport one as on both, you get the top intercooler pipe (going from the FMIC to the EGR), running right along the top edge of the bumper. Right where washer jets would be. So I think you either need to live with SMIC, or fit a FMIC and take off the washer jets.

May 21, 2009
yep you're right you just cant get one if you have headlight washers

ive spoke to jabba, and they can get a custom one made by pro alloy but it will be 1600 as they are one offs,

forge have said you can use a universal cooler and get the pipes made up

denMla

Mar 27, 2010
Croatia
Hi!
Sorry for bothering! Have used "search" but there is a mountain of pages and I did not found egsact numbers I was looking for...
Can someone just write what diameter is OEM intercooler piping on PD100? I recon it is 57mm (2,25") but not sure. Does FMSKINT fit my PD100 (ATD) cause I think that kit is build for PD130?
Thank's!

martotdi

Do I need brackets to attach a seat sport fmic to my fr, iv got all necessary pipework but appears now I have.bumper off there's no fixing points?

Ib1_FR

La VaK LoK
May 15, 2005
Guanajuato, MEX
Do I need brackets to attach a seat sport fmic to my fr, iv got all necessary pipework but appears now I have.bumper off there's no fixing points?

You have to do something like his

img0957uk.jpg

Use the same radiator fixing points.

img0958f.jpg

Mar 19, 2010
Can get the forge kit from forge or buy a seat sport intercooler + pipe work from forge motor sport

CluneZ

Aug 26, 2010
West Yorkshire
Not Gunna lie I've not done a huge search but if someone can answer this it'll be greatly appreciated :D

I'm upgrading my IC pipework for my cupra from turbo to IC. My problem is with the connection to the charge pipe where a rubber pipe goes inside and seems to be clipped in from the outside. It baffles me an I don't know how to go about upgrading this certain pipe.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :) it's a 1.8t btw ;)

Mar 19, 2010
Yes seat sport one. I've just got the up rated ths performance one ( same as the ss in size and dimensions but thicker cores and welded end tanks

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
how much are new standard ones? My intercooler looks like it might have a leak has its gotoil coming out along the opposite end to where the pipes join. Is it common for intercoolers to split?

Mar 19, 2010
Boost pipes wear and can open up eventually , not to sure on the price of the intercooler but the ths one is 280 new

Mar 19, 2010
Boost pipes wear and can open up eventually , not to sure on the price of the intercooler but the ths one is 280 new