VW UP! GT, Mii FR?

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines
It looks awful with that black tat stuck to it. And it's FR-line not an FR proper. Maybe if the article is to be believed (it is Auto Express after all), the FR will get the 100hp unit that the Up GT is supposed to.

HE10 SJR

thing is trana put a 1.2tsi block in the either to UP, MII or Citygo adding a nother cylinder and a bigger gearbox and possibly a 6th gear who knows theirs no way it would all fit in hence the 3pot turbo. plus the would require a better exhaust system and backbox which non of the current models have.

Apr 13, 2011
hull
I can see a mii Cupra on its way my self following suit with things like the Renault twinge sport and the fiat 500 a berth.

So my self I aspect to see one in the future

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'm quite keen on the up GT - the mii needs tarting up first though

If the 0-60 can get to around 9 seconds I'll be in the line

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
There seems to be good passenger space in them as well, the mii that is. I'm 6' 2" and had a seat in the drivers seat then had a seat in the back with the drivers seat in the same position and it was a finger of fudge. Just enough to give yourself a treat.

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
There seems to be good passenger space in them as well, the mii that is. I'm 6' 2" and had a seat in the drivers seat then had a seat in the back with the drivers seat in the same position and it was a finger of fudge. Just enough to give yourself a treat.

What did you sit on? :D

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Shame really. I had a Citigo as a loaner recently & really enjoyed it.

Even with poverty 60bhp it still pedalled quickly enough, and was fun to chuck about.

SAMF2204

Aug 19, 2015
I thought that too, but I understand the 105ps 1.2 is a 4 cylinder engine, not 3 like the 1.2n/a units in the Ibiza/Fox/Polo etc etc, so I guess it won't readily fit in.

Unless they are saving it for later...

this 110ps engine is a turbocharged version of the 60/75ps engine, its currently used in up! in brazil and the new bluemotion golf

eande2

Sep 28, 2009
Up turbo now announced, but looks as though 90bhp - be interesting to see if they take it any further.

Last edited: