mk3 ibiza 4x4 gt3071 track build engine pics inside

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
I'm not quit sure on what engine work he done to it but 350hp is a lot of power on standard internals, they normally spit after 290-300 so I would assume he wouldn't be that stupid ect, anyway cupra-red are you guna be keeping this cupra as you have had most of the high spec ones going, send me your number via private message bud , aint seen you in a long while lol. Dave

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
new updates

Right more progress since last time I saw the car so well happy as its one gearbox mount to make as I'm running 02m instead of out 02j I believe , was guna buy one off dutchbuild but there asking way to much for mount so my fabricator is making one for mee, cheers buddy.

Right went to see car on saturday and couldn't believe how much work was undertaken in the last couple of weeksso well chuffed to say the least, looked at the back end inside the car and its all been seem/stitch welded for strength. Rear floor been boxed and plated for extra strength ect , looks like a nice clean conversion.

Things todo

Refit engine /box
Turbo
Manifold
External wastegateand screamer
Mock up a exhaust
Paint
Fit seats
Order one seemless bar from customcages for rear section
Change brakes as 1.4 will not stop me
Extend steering colum
Vertical hydraulic handbrake
Pedal box with bias control
Redo old handbrake for mot and road use
Source a pair of wrc wings
Wax oil fully underneath then seal

As you can see its still a lot todo so not guna rush as ill expect problems ect its taken this long now would be a shame to rush, as soon as I get car back I'm guna garage for few months to get my funds back lol as I'm saving for house too , ill have pics of both car and engine build tonight , enjoy . Dave

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
Cheers bill remember I did ask you back last year if you was intrested in doing it lol, lil dicky bird tells me you got the arches I want? Let me no if there forsale, also goodluck on building yours back up for the track , thanks for comments bud

Rgm racer

Sep 22, 2009
Right more progress since last time I saw the car so well happy as its one gearbox mount to make as I'm running 02m instead of out 02j I believe , was guna buy one off dutchbuild but there asking way to much for mount so my fabricator is making one for mee, cheers buddy.

Right went to see car on saturday and couldn't believe how much work was undertaken in the last couple of weeksso well chuffed to say the least, looked at the back end inside the car and its all been seem/stitch welded for strength. Rear floor been boxed and plated for extra strength ect , looks like a nice clean conversion.

Things todo

Refit engine /box
Turbo
Manifold
External wastegateand screamer
Mock up a exhaust
Paint
Fit seats
Order one seemless bar from customcages for rear section
Change brakes as 1.4 will not stop me
Extend steering colum
Vertical hydraulic handbrake
Pedal box with bias control
Redo old handbrake for mot and road use
Source a pair of wrc wings
Wax oil fully underneath then seal

As you can see its still a lot todo so not guna rush as ill expect problems ect its taken this long now would be a shame to rush, as soon as I get car back I'm guna garage for few months to get my funds back lol as I'm saving for house too , ill have pics of both car and engine build tonight , enjoy . Dave

Who is doing all the 4WD conversion/seam welding work etc. for you?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Cheers bill remember I did ask you back last year if you was intrested in doing it lol, lil dicky bird tells me you got the arches I want? Let me no if there forsale, also goodluck on building yours back up for the track , thanks for comments bud

I have F2 grp arches which could be used to make moulds for.. and someone I believe who could make said moulds..

mines back looking like an ibiza again.. which i nice. no time to touch it tho unfortunately

Last edited:

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
Bill I'm very intrested in a set can you sort them out, glad you got her sorted again, be a shame to start again well done mate

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
Who is doing all the 4WD conversion/seam welding work etc. for you?

The feller who's doing work lives not far from cardiff he's a awesome engineer/fabricator and a great friend of mine, he would be intrested in most work oviously money ios money , he will soon reveal hiself hear I expect lol.

Updates on pics will be closer to the weekend as so busy with no time, bolted turbo to nice clean engine today got so excited spent all break doing it lol, smiles are back .

Rgm racer

Sep 22, 2009
My buddy , are you intrested in haveing urs strengthend

Have a Leon prepped for the track [running GT28].

Considering even larger turbo/4wd conversion :)

If doing this would probably take opportunity to do other improvements such as seam welding at same time.

Be really good to see photos of yours in progress and once finished.

Is your mate able to jig car up etc. to ensure 100% straight as it would be from a factory following all conversion work and welding?

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
Phill I've txt you bud.

Bill can you let me no on these arches please mate as I'd like to have it done before paint see , cheers

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
anyone for f2 kit hopefully we can get a group buy if enuf intrested ,

4wdibiza
r4cup

build pics will be up in one hour or so .

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
update 14 0ct

right then pics as promised ,
mk2 syncro tunnel
tafnew023.jpg

rear floor pan needs one more brace bar wich i can do my self
tafnew022.jpg

tafnew018.jpg

seem welded for extra strength
tafnew019.jpg

random pics of car
tafnew020.jpg

tafnew024.jpg

tafnew021.jpg

pics of engine and turbo semi bolted
tafnew035.jpg

tafnew034.jpg

tafnew033.jpg

tafnew032.jpg

tafnew036.jpg

tafnew037.jpg

tafnew038.jpg

tafnew031.jpg

trying to figure out turbo brace bar usine rose joints with my made spacers might need some help on this one lol
tafnew029.jpg

tafnew030.jpg

gotta order another one of these for rear section to brace floor this shes in for paint:D.
tafs129.jpg

thats it for now, i didnt put any up 4wd mounting points ect as this will be kept secret ;).

shall we vote , would a f2 wrc wide kit suite this car , i wanna be the first:funk:

DanCupraET

Aug 15, 2011
mega build - nice to see it all coming together. with it being a halidex system will the rears only kick in when the front looses traction? or is there a way to overcome this? Was looking at an S3 untill i found they wern't locked into 4wd

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.