mk3 ibiza 4x4 gt3071 track build engine pics inside

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
Thanks for positive comment guys , its cost me a fortune so far , I'm guna be running omex600 for managment and a nice blue haldex controller wich I can switch between modes ect,

How's things anyway elliot how's yours coming along, expect a empty pocket bud.

Jokerman261

James
Apr 9, 2012
Aberdeenshire
so%2Bmuch%2Bwin.jpg

Jan 21, 2012
the mk1 haldex with standard controller only puts power to the rear when there is 15 degrees of slip on the front wheels i believe, the blue(upgraded) controller cuts in earlier as it will cut in when WOT below certain speeds whilst putting more power to the rear and more aggressively, it makes a nice difference(I have it on my octavia).

the mk1 haldex cannot go 4wd when stationary due to how it works, the mk2 haldex can go 4wd without movement though but requires a different ecu to the mk1.

its lucky you changed back to haldex as the gearboxes for haldex equipped cars don't have centre diffs in them as its part of the rear diff, I think the rallye gearbox had the centre diff in the transfer box.

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
Glad you cleared that up benjie, I had to run diffrent box and diff anyway as syncro running gear will not last 2 mins lol, just out of intrest is there anyway of locking the diff to 4wd permantly ,

I'm running 02m gearbox very clean condition with little milage
Same with haldex diff as there stronger than syncro
Using mk2 golf rally rear beam.
Audi s3 prop shaft

Also soon to be sending turbo off to owen develoments for few secrets , anyone no a place that deals with props for balancing ect?.

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
+1 for F2 arches :D the progress looks awesome. Bet your glad to have it back in your hands :)

Oj your intrested too are you?.
Yeah mate I've left car where it is for a little while too get my pennies back up lol, also need a nice lock up for this car as I can't have this broken into , that would be the last straw lol, pm me if defo intrested so I can go to bill and see if he's intrested in making moulds for a few sets . Be nice to see a mk3 beeza with f2 kit on the road , that's all my car is missing.

Jan 21, 2012
mk1 haldex cannot be proper permanent 4WD as it requires movement to lock but i believe there are standalone controllers out there that can make it 4wd all the time when moving.

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
, just out of intrest is there anyway of locking the diff to 4wd permantly ,

Yeh there is, it's made by SQS and is a non electrical type that replaces the haldex controller with a hydraulic valve thats adjustable to vary the power transfer ratio.

This is what i'm using on my build due to the complications involved in the standard control system.
The standard control system uses signals from the can-bus system - i think most come from abs control system but some signals from the ecu regarding steering angle...yaw etc etc.
Rather complicated to replicate in a non OEM 4motion car.... not impossible just a lot of ball-ache especially for a car like yours thats being built to be driven and mpg isn't important.

Link -

http://www.sqsracing.com/produkt/314:406:haldex-regulator-controler-valve

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
Cheers graham atleast you don't keep secrets , I'm guna order one when I get home tonight , is this what your using bud?.

DanCupraET

Aug 15, 2011
ha-ha all these secrets :D you show us pic’s of the rear beam mounted etc and maybe mork will tell his secrets lol. This is a car enthusiast’s community here we should all share and share alike, any idea on how much the SQS non electrical Halidex controller is? Can’t find a price on their website

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
I've shared most of what I can, don't want people copying to be honest, its no secret now as I no how to lock diff now , thanks to a very helpfull graham, many thanks

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
That would be great to get them locally , mayby a group buy.

Not sure now many people are gonna need them, not too many have the balls to have a go at the 4wd conversion :lol:

I'm sure if you post up pics of the mounting points then there'll be about 10 people attempting the conversion :cartman:

I know there's another guy who now has a 4wd Leon (adzer) but he's running a standalone controller.

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
True didn't think of that, we must be the nuts ones then mate lol, yeah for shore I'm guna watch what I put on here now , everyone will be cutting there cupra's up haha, thanks for the advice mate, send me your number via pm mate.

Jan 21, 2012
a nice simple solution to making the mk1 haldex locked all the time without the need for a compatible ecu, as I said earlier though it still won't make the haldex engage when stood still so you're still going to need a small amount of movement for it to engage so when launching etc the fronts are still going to have to spin for a split second before the rears engage.

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
I totally understand what you saying bud but a spli second is not that much if you think about it, the will not be all about the launch anyway would like some fun in it too lol, cheers for advice bengy really appriciate it .