What makes a chav car

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
All sunstrips

Hey nothing wrong with my smoked sun strip. Blocks the sun at eye level and matches my rear tints. Looks good IMO
It's not one of those stupid ones that covers half the windscreen, it's about 2" deep

My list
Most after market lights (chrome ones)
Exterior coloured lighting
Hids above 8000k
Bling alloys on stock suspension
Alloys too big for the car (17" on a old fiesta)
Bright painted interior plastics
OTT fibreglass bumpers
Stupid size spoilers
Stick on bonnet vents
Bad boy bonnets
Wide arch kits with the wheels not spaced out
Chrome exterior detailing
Aluminium bee sting aerials
Anything with ripspeed on it
DIY tints with DIY air bubbles
Stupidly loud exhausts on **** cars
Triple gauge pods on **** cars
Custom audio door card builds
Rear headrest screens on with know one in the back
Italic number plates
Massive car decals
Stick on fuel flap covers
M3 or DTM mirrors
Twaty show off driving in tesco car parks on a Saturday night
Girls with Pink interiors
Steering wheel covers
Lambo doors

Last edited:

marcus.l

Dec 31, 2011
Manchester
Hey nothing wrong with my smoked sun strip. Blocks the sun at eye level and matches my rear tints. Looks good IMO
It's not one of those stupid ones that covers half the windscreen, it's about 2" deep

My list
Most after market lights (chrome ones)
Exterior coloured lighting
Hids above 8000k
Bling alloys on stock suspension
Alloys too big for the car (17" on a old fiesta)
Bright painted interior plastics
OTT fibreglass bumpers
Stupid size spoilers
Stick on bonnet vents
Bad boy bonnets
Wide arch kits with the wheels not spaced out
Chrome exterior detailing
Aluminium bee sting aerials
Anything with ripspeed on it
DIY tints with DIY air bubbles
Stupidly loud exhausts on **** cars
Triple gauge pods on **** cars
Custom audio door card builds
Rear headrest screens on with know one in the back
Italic number plates
Massive car decals
Stick on fuel flap covers
M3 or DTM mirrors
Twaty show off driving in tesco car parks on a Saturday night
Girls with Pink interiors
Steering wheel covers
Lambo doors

I LOVE girls pink interiors, does that make me a manw*o*e or a chav :whistle:

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2011
hull
I have read a lot on hear and there is some good funny comments but I have to say

A lot of things people have said ie Lexus lights (not a fan of my slef) there where the fashion ten+ years ago same as big fiber glass body kits (Jap styling)

Once again bad boy bonnets was a fasion 15+ years ago.

And now the fashion is more euro style or oem look.
So what am seein is people calling chav cars something that everyone did because that's what looked good at the time so in ten plus years euro look will propley be classed as chav or the next best word.

What makes a chav car to me is the person who is behind the wheel not the car. Maybe that's just me but o well :p

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
I have read a lot on hear and there is some good funny comments but I have to say

A lot of things people have said ie Lexus lights (not a fan of my slef) there where the fashion ten+ years ago same as big fiber glass body kits (Jap styling)

Once again bad boy bonnets was a fasion 15+ years ago.

And now the fashion is more euro style or oem look.
So what am seein is people calling chav cars something that everyone did because that's what looked good at the time so in ten plus years euro look will propley be classed as chav or the next best word.

What makes a chav car to me is the person who is behind the wheel not the car. Maybe that's just me but o well :p

no agree with this too mate tbh. so are we saying then chav cars are just cars that are dressed with out of fashion \ out of date accessories.

iam guilty of alot of it myself. i started driving in the late 90's ive done the badboy bonnets the dtm mirrors, the TSW venoms, even tried chrome illuminated jet washers, but hey ho i was young at the time.

a few pics of my 1995 black fiesta si
Back in they day, this car got some good attention and i loved this car, now everyone would knock it.

DSC00120.jpg

SIDE-3-1.jpg

Last edited:

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Sorry but when them tsw venoms came out they looked mint and so do those 17inch khans!! Yes you wouldnt rock them these days but i was about 18/19 back when they came out im 33 now so thats the obvious reason

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Sorry but when them tsw venoms came out they looked mint and so do those 17inch khans!! Yes you wouldnt rock them these days but i was about 18/19 back when they came out im 33 now so thats the obvious reason

in the same boat mate, iam 33 aswell. i still remember when i picked up my brand new set of 15" TSW venoms. I was about 18 and everyone was after them at the time. drove home with a big smile on my face :D

only poor pic i could found
Image024_22.jpg

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
I agree with the last few comments, all the stuff mentioned has been of previous trends but now seems chavy (im 18 btw) but i think the most of us if even now were to play something like need for speed underground 2 we would all make a car that we probably would never like and it would seem chavy :p

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Yeh I wanna add a few things here as I have seen so many Leon's ruined. I may flame some people here but tough....

1. Smoked rear lights/side/indicators
2.Hearing the car before you see it, and it's a non turbo or a 1.4.
3. Lots of chrome where it shouldn't be.
4. Stickers
5. DIY everything ie self painted alloys
6. Defo window tints
7. Baseball caps
8. Using CHEAP parts or cutting corners with modifications
9. New alloys on a car standard height.
10. Aftermarket head unit that don't match interior at all.
11. Spending every penny on the car yet u rent with parents.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working....

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Yeh I wanna add a few things here as I have seen so many Leon's ruined. I may flame some people here but tough....

1. Smoked rear lights/side/indicators
2.Hearing the car before you see it, and it's a non turbo or a 1.4.
3. Lots of chrome where it shouldn't be.
4. Stickers
5. DIY everything ie self painted alloys
6. Defo window tints
7. Baseball caps
8. Using CHEAP parts or cutting corners with modifications
9. New alloys on a car standard height.
10. Aftermarket head unit that don't match interior at all.
11. Spending every penny on the car yet u rent with parents.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working....

Baseball caps nowt wrong with them I live and die in mine and I ain't no chav since when skaters ever been I. Any way like a chav there one point need correcting lmao.

Window tints what's wrong with them so I guess mercs audis and BMWs must be chavy in that case.

DIY jobs are better than most made to fit parts so certaniny cannot say there chavy in my opion modding a car is about making it unique if no one diy ed job then every ones cars would be the same

Painting alloys lights etc I find doing jobs ur slef rather than buying or paying someone else to do it a lot more satisfying. I would rather build a car than buy one.

Every one to there own like :)

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
YOUR ALL WRONG!!!

A chat car is generally an old heap of sh*t with no modifications as they have no money to do modification after the spent all their money of fags, super strength lager and a few kids. The do drive their bog standard cars flat out everywhere though and must set off with a wheel spin!

You my dearest forum member have all been describing BOY RACERS!!!

Gaz861

Aug 6, 2012
Leeds
YOUR ALL WRONG!!!

A chat car is generally an old heap of sh*t with no modifications as they have no money to do modification after the spent all their money of fags, super strength lager and a few kids. The do drive their bog standard cars flat out everywhere though and must set off with a wheel spin!

You my dearest forum member have all been describing BOY RACERS!!!

Cant agree more :clap:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise