James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Santa arrived today chaps, a little earlier than planned :D

Delivery from my friend at TPS, got what I feel was a good deal on a new LCR bumper but they are still ridiculously overpriced for what they are, supply and demand and all that I suppose.

2A2F863A-C87E-46C5-89BA-CAF03877293E-34219-000010471CD6AB31.jpg

I took it straight down the body shop and they are going to try and get it painted before they shut at the end of the week for xmas.

When I got back a parcel had been delivered by UPS.

54506533-5613-4214-9CEB-1B6F51E42BAA-34219-000010471EEABB8D.jpg

What have we here then....

C5A450CE-6F54-498F-8D3B-B18697B2FD0B-34219-000010472143E14A.jpg

So I spent an hour or so just mocking everything up to make sure it all fit's behind standard LCR wheels, and I'm pleased to say it did (JUST!)

1CDC5822-2ED5-49C0-8BCD-8C6A9918D752-34219-0000104723A351E5.jpg

Haven't really decided what pads to use in them yet, leaning towards DS2500's but they are about £250 a set in this callper shape :cry:

Also got myself 2 litres of this stuff for the fluid change.

ate_superblueracing_BF.jpg

Last edited:

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Like like like :) massive relief for you now you know the new brakes fit behind the wheels. Looks sweet as those brakes

Some seat parts are such a rip off, don't get why though. These cars are ancient now

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Like like like :) massive relief for you now you know the new brakes fit behind the wheels. Looks sweet as those brakes

Some seat parts are such a rip off, don't get why though. These cars are ancient now

Yer glad they fit, was a bit aprehensive being the largest they do... normally don't fit under anything smaller than 19's according to their website.

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Bloody hell James you don't mess about.... be interested to know how the brakes perform, they certainly look the part.
I still need to order a set of brakes for my project.... what sort of money are they ??? i could only find mk5 ones.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Bloody hell James you don't mess about.... be interested to know how the brakes perform, they certainly look the part.
I still need to order a set of brakes for my project.... what sort of money are they ??? i could only find mk5 ones.

Lol thought I might as well get all the big bits done whilst it is off the road.
Mine are actually the same as the ones from the MK5 platform they fit fine behind LCR wheels. They are 6 Pot 356mm.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Decent mate, very decent.

Good progress made. What's next?

Well I'm going up to lakeside tomorrow to finish my Xmas shopping then will come back fri / sat and finish fitting the brakes and put the bumper back on then might take it outside for a wash! Hasn't moved in 4 months so it's gathered a bit of dust despite being under poly sheet. Then going to get my old bumper and brembos up for sale.

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Brakes would fit easy I have a fair bit of room on my k sports not sure about a 360mm tho I run Ds2500s in mine and there £255 more than likely going to try another pad after these have gone more than likely some thing from the Mintex race pad range as a mate can get them cheap , I'd Defo go with some thing decent tho with the power your running etc

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Anything would be better than what he use to run brake wise. Thing just wouldn't stop!!!

You mentioned the car won't be ready until April? Have I missed a update. What's happening now which will take so long?

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Anything would be better than what he use to run brake wise. Thing just wouldn't stop!!!

You mentioned the car won't be ready until April? Have I missed a update. What's happening now which will take so long?

Car is going to B5 to have gear limited boost control & a set of cams put in first week of April, and I generally don't drive it in winter which means it's off the road from Oct - Mar which means I drive it April - Sept. Only 6 months Tax and 6 Months insurance to pay per year that way.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Great updates as always James. Did you ever get any feedback on how to maintain the engine over the winter months? My mechanic just advised a fresh D12 flush prior to storage (to reduce corrosion) and then an engine flush with new oil when the car comes out of storage. I tend to give it a start up once a month and let it run for 1/2 an hour. I'd be interested to see what your thoughts were?

Also, with regards to the brake discs, does it matter which way the grooves of the disc rotate? It seems that in the picture your disc rotates against the forward motion. My knowledge on this matter is limited ( mine flows with the forward motion) but I thought I would just raise it; I wouldn't want you to fit them and then have to swap them over at a later date.

James :)

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Great updates as always James. Did you ever get any feedback on how to maintain the engine over the winter months? My mechanic just advised a fresh D12 flush prior to storage (to reduce corrosion) and then an engine flush with new oil when the car comes out of storage. I tend to give it a start up once a month and let it run for 1/2 an hour. I'd be interested to see what your thoughts were?

Also, with regards to the brake discs, does it matter which way the grooves of the disc rotate? It seems that in the picture your disc rotates against the forward motion. My knowledge on this matter is limited ( mine flows with the forward motion) but I thought I would just raise it; I wouldn't want you to fit them and then have to swap them over at a later date.

James :)

Yer I decided to just give it an oil change every 3 months or so and try and just turn it over by hand every 6 weeks to keep the bearings lubed up.

I know what you mean about the discs, but the vanes inside are round the right way which is the important bit.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.