LCR replica help

L5NTN

Nov 12, 2012
LEEDS
Hi guys

I am just after a little advice if possible. If this is already here i apologise, i have googled it and searched the forum with few reults.

Got lynched last time i asked a question lol .

I have enclosed a picture of my car and was wondering exactly what would be required to make it an LCR replica. The bumpers both have scratches so rather than paint them i would look to replace them.

Do the LCR bumpers bolt straight on?

How do the LCR skirts fix to the car?

Are the spoilers different to my existing one?

Are the wheel tracks different (wider perhaps?)

Is the main centre grille a different size on the LCR? it appears smaller in some pics?

Anything else i may have missed and would need to know, sorry for all the questions.

thanks

Richard
LEON1.jpg

LEON2.jpg

Dec 29, 2010
Mids
Everythink is bolt on m8 yes but the bumpers can be expensive being second hand complete with grilles the side skirts also just screw on easy inside wheel arch.... You might be better of going lc facelift bumpers they might be cheaper... Then the door strips yours being black would need colour coding etc... But instead of LCR lookalike the facelift way may be better and cheaper and suit your lc better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

L5NTN

Nov 12, 2012
LEEDS
Thanks for the reply.

I wasnt aware they produced a face lift model? How does it differ? Is mine pre face lift i assume?

Thanks

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
There are only 3 types of bumper
Yours is pre facelift
If you go on ebay you will see the difference
Boot spoiler is bigger on facelift

daiski

theres a fella on ebay selling the LCR front /rear and skirts for £350 which is a bargain , but there down south and im not , there also black

L5NTN

Nov 12, 2012
LEEDS
Thanks guys.

So on what year did the facelift happen? What changes were made overall to the face lift cars?

Looking on google it appears to be two types of LCR front bumper?

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
2003 was the facelift. New front and rear bumpers, side skirts, 17" Starfish alloys, body coloured strips.

Original LC: http://imganuncios.mitula.net/2002_...cambelt_water_pump_serv_96918092468899134.jpg
LC facelift: http://imganuncios.mitula.net/seat_leon_1_8_20v_t_cupra_hatchback_5d_96635334525559752.jpg
LCR: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5178/5465325715_5a0fd2631d_b.jpg

It'll need lowering as well. It'll look very odd high up on LCR 18" wheels.

You're probably looking at at least a grand all in. Looks a nice tidy car as it is IMO.

What model have you got?

Last edited:

L5NTN

Nov 12, 2012
LEEDS
It is really tidy tbh but the bumpers are just tatty which let it down a bit.

Its a 1.9tdi 110 se.

Dec 29, 2010
Mids
yry9e9ud.jpg

y8yqaquj.jpg

dezapu6y.jpg

Sorry for the crap pics but this is my old facelift but the pics was on my pc and just took them with my ipad but you get the idea of the big bumper facelift

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Depends how detailed you are going, wheels and bumpers would make it look pretty much like an LCR. If you are wanting to go the whole hog then you will need a whole lot more, brakes, suspension, black interior etc. LCR bumpers and wheels are expensive compared to the facelift cupra ones, maybe you want to check them out? If you are wanting to do a proper LCR replica with brakes and all then I would say buy an LCR because it will be cheaper!

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester

daiski

the face lift look as good as the LCR imo , and you could get the front and rear face lift for the price of the LCR front :)
then audi rs4 lovely

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
nicely spotted !

Eye's need to be wide open,if they were genuine they would have been on ebay for about 10mins
I've got f/lift bumpers & sideskirts to go on mine but seen a few with pre f/lift bumpers flushed off
so am starting to prefer that look & keeps the cars charactor instead making it something it aint

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
Last edited:

L5NTN

Nov 12, 2012
LEEDS
Hi guys.

Thanks for all the information. I wasnt aware the difference of the face lifts and LCR until today lol.

Would the LCR front bumper go staright on my car then? Do the arch liners differ?

Thanks

Dezeze

Jun 4, 2011
Swindon
Mate, my Leon is a 110tdi, with a hell of a lot of work done to it (previous owner was a diesel engineer/genius!)
It had the LC Fr front and rear bumpers (original) and I got some aftermarket side skirts sprayed and fitted (good fit, poor water drainage!) I've not got around to removing and spraying the bump strips yet, I've considered just removing hem completely (unsure whether their are holes under there somewhere!)
I have the 18" RS6 alloys fitted and its not lowered, with the 110 the ride is rough enough anyway, lowering it would absolutely destroy the comfort!(doesn't look too bad to be honest)
I am thinking of fitting spacers to make the car look a bit more aggressive/ planted, maybe 10-15mm front, 15-20mm rear.
If you need any details of the work done, just ask and I'll put up the details (just so you know what can be done with the 110!)
Would put up pics, but I'm a computer mong!:)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.