Dave's Candy White Bocanegra **Revo S1 25/4/13**

• Thread starter Deleted member 49882
  • Start date

Deleted member 49882

Couple of slightly better pics of the car taken today...

DSC_9485.jpg

DSC_9482.jpg

DSC_9484.jpg

Deleted member 49882

Thanks. Think the back is sitting just a little low compared to the front. But, have been advised that the front springs will take a little longer to settle in and the engine weight will bring the springs down a little further. Overall, am chuffed with it! Still have one or two things left to do to have it sitting exactly how I want.

LukeWS

Jun 13, 2012
Leicester
It does look really good lowered :) hows handling etc now? And how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking mate. Asked a few people just getting a general idea :)

Deleted member 49882

Handling is fine. The rear feels very stiff when going over speed bumps, but generally speaking it is grand / as good (if not better) than stock. Springs cost £130 and then just whatever it costs you to get them fitted. Informed insurance company and there was no charge for the modification / amendment.

Deleted member 49882

So, after having the springs fitted for a while now, thought I would give a quick update on overall impressions. With the car sitting lower, it certainly has a better stance and road-presence. The ride is much firmer than standard, particularly at the rear of the car and very noticeable when going over speed bumps.

I just got the car serviced and the inspection report pointed that the tread on the inside of the front tires was basically non-existent...had 8500 miles on the tires. Now, this is my own fault as after I got springs fitted I didn't have the car properly aligned. So, got new tires on and set about aligning the front wheels. As the car now sits lower, the official alignment set up is null and void ... The garage had to custom align, changing the 'toe' to hopefully stop the inside wear. Time will tell if it is ok. Anyone thinking of lowering with just springs, be sure to have alignment done as well (obvious I know).

Overall then, I am still happy enough with the ride and the car continues to turn heads

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 49882

Yeah, definitely do it...will save you money. I probably could have got another few thousand miles on the tires as there was plenty of tread left over rest of diameter. I wouldn't have known about the inside of tire if I hadn't got the car serviced ... Could have had a blow out they were worn so low lol.

Incidentally, for the service, i removed the Forge Induction Kit. I can tell you, there was a notably difference both in terms of power, sound and delivery without the kit. As standard, the car felt slightly 'weedy'. I have been driving the car with the kit on for nearly 4000 miles. Once removed, and after doing some mile, there was def a difference in performance. Needless to say, as soon as I got the car back from service, induction kit was back on immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 49882

Cheers buddy. If I had funds, one or two things left to do. Will see how affordable things are after Christmas.

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
Thanks. Think the back is sitting just a little low compared to the front. But, have been advised that the front springs will take a little longer to settle in and the engine weight will bring the springs down a little further. Overall, am chuffed with it! Still have one or two things left to do to have it sitting exactly how I want.

Great looking car just wondering did the front spings ever settle down in the end ? As i do think the back sits slightly lower than the front although it's not enough to put me off buying them.

Deleted member 49882

Hey, thanks. To be honest I dont really see any difference after all this time. On a level road I think I think the car sits fine. But sometimes when i look at the car, for example, if its on my drive way, i can see it sitting lower at the back. Overall though i am pleased with it and glad i fitted the lower springs.

Deleted member 49882

Milltek 2.76" non-resonated cat-back ordered today. Should have it by next Tuesday / Wednesday. Hoping to have fitted by next Saturday. Wanted to get this for a while and just thought 'stuff it, get it done'. Will update pics then.

Fleshers Boc

Mar 13, 2012
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Flesher with regards to this did you not have trouble with the wing loom being in the way? Or is it the filter at aslight angle?

Can't wait to see the exhaust Dave, hopefully ordering mine at the end of this month :)

Alex

It's the way I've taken the picture. It's about 5" above the wiring and the battery's in the boot so I had loads of space. It is on a slight angle, The intake pipe that attaches to the car could do with being moved over but that means drilling more holes.

Deleted member 49882

Exhaust arrived today. Can't wait now to get it fitted. Roll on the wk end :)

Deleted member 49882

Finally got round to get the Milltek order and fitted. The standard exhaust was the one thing that really annoyed me about the car. The two little pea-shoots in the central trapeze just didn't look right for me. I loved the look of the Milltek, so decided to go ahead and get it order. I have to say, i am very pleased with how it looks on the car. I did think the exhaust to be a little louder, but having read other peoples opinions, it didn't come as any major suprise that it was quieter than expected. Howver, it does sound better than the standard system ... deeper, throatier noise on idle. I suspect to get the full benefit, the down-pipe and a remap are required. That could be something for the future.

Anyway, a few pics...

Before...
standardexhaust.jpg

After:
milltek3.jpg

milltek2.jpg

milltek1.jpg

Little video as well ... hopefully it will work ...

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee15/DNP182/Bocanegra/?action=view&current=Milltekfitted.mp4

The exhaust does pop and bang a little higher up the rev range on dsg change. It gives like a low bass thud / pop which sounds pretty cool.

Thanks for looking anyway.

Dave

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.