BeezaDave's Mk4 Ibiza - Fresh wheels and lows!

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Ah same as myself. Yeah im up on the Laois/ Offaly border and theres rarely anything going on. Been to Hubbards a few times but too much trouble going on up there now.

Get your sidestrips and handles colour coded. My last Ibiza was same colour and looked ten times better coded :) Alright cheers will send a PM about them :)

Heres the last pic of my pride and joy that I can find. Sidestrips and handles were the only good mods I did on that car :)
Ibiza02_zps11f0f62f.jpg

Yeah you'd prob have to head up the north for anything decent.

I have a new set of sidestrips smoothed down waiting to be painted when I have the funds along with my handles, wing mirror covers and a cupra spoiler.

I've seen a picture of your car before somewhere :confused:

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Yeah you'd prob have to head up the north for anything decent.

I have a new set of sidestrips smoothed down waiting to be painted when I have the funds along with my handles, wing mirror covers and a cupra spoiler.

I've seen a picture of your car before somewhere :confused:

Could have seen it been doing the rounds on Facebook or on Donedeal when I sold it a few months back? I had joined here but lost my username and password so just started fresh on here. Dont think I had posted the car before though...

Cheers mate, will give you a text maybe later when im finished working here.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Could have seen it been doing the rounds on Facebook or on Donedeal when I sold it a few months back? I had joined here but lost my username and password so just started fresh on here. Dont think I had posted the car before though...

Cheers mate, will give you a text maybe later when im finished working here.

Were you ever on street legal irl?

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Cleaned the car inside and out today.
Fixed the fitting on the rear seat, it had just come loose.
Adjusted the screws on the glovebox because it was rattling like ****!
And finally got my ipod cable wired up again, I was going mad without it!

Cupra bumper to be fitted soon as I can.

Next job after that probably is keep tipping away with my honeycomb centre grill, get the car colourcoded and refurb alloys/new tyres.

Last edited:

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Got the cupra rear on yesterday.

Before:
28_zpsb8f96040.jpg

Off:
29_zpsffd6fff8.jpg

Comparison:
30_zpsd12fcef6.jpg

After:
31_zps9bbd3dc3.jpg

32_zps40093fe5.jpg

As you can see the colour is off. My paint code is LP3G. Does anyone know if that's flash red or emocion red? And does the bumper look like it could be the opposite one? My cars an 04 and I believe the bumper is off an 07 so maybe they are the same red but my car is just that bit more faded. Any advice appreciated :)

Last edited:

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Hey Dave, this was the only image I could find with the black rear spoiler on:

Untitled-1-1_zps9b1b6dd3.jpg

Sorry I cant get a better quality pic. Cheers for the wind deflectors. Hoping to do a bit more to mine once it goes through the test :)

Last edited:

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Hey Dave, this was the only image I could find with the black rear spoiler on:

Untitled-1-1_zps9b1b6dd3.jpg

Sorry I cant get a better quality pic. Cheers for the wind deflectors. Hoping to do a bit more to mine once it goes through the test :)

Looks pretty good actually! No bother lad was good to meet ya today. Keep us updated ;)

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Dave have you been looking for a cupra front bumper or would facelift do even?
When looking for my new front I came across a few facelifts if your interested.

Also where did you get that red gearknob? Looking for the same myself and cant find online

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Dave have you been looking for a cupra front bumper or would facelift do even?
When looking for my new front I came across a few facelifts if your interested.

Also where did you get that red gearknob? Looking for the same myself and cant find online

Yeah I'm looking for a cupra front. Do you know where there is one going?

http://www.seataccessories.co.uk/product/Gear_Knob_-_Red_6L0064300R

That's where I bought my gearknob but I got it for £60 about 2 years ago. £90 is ridiculous especially with the exchage rate the way it is. I'd check ebay. I was looking on ebay for one and saw lots of yellow ones. Think they were about £30 at the time so you might get lucky.

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Yeah I'm looking for a cupra front. Do you know where there is one going?

http://www.seataccessories.co.uk/product/Gear_Knob_-_Red_6L0064300R

That's where I bought my gearknob but I got it for £60 about 2 years ago. £90 is ridiculous especially with the exchage rate the way it is. I'd check ebay. I was looking on ebay for one and saw lots of yellow ones. Think they were about £30 at the time so you might get lucky.

F me. Thats silly money for a gear knob. Did you keep the one you got that was chipped or return it? If not ill just keep an eye on Ebay :)

German Ebay seems to be the best bet. I was looking at one but didnt allow me to bid before it was gone. Worked out about 100 quid including shipping. No grills with it though.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
F me. Thats silly money for a gear knob. Did you keep the one you got that was chipped or return it? If not ill just keep an eye on Ebay :)

German Ebay seems to be the best bet. I was looking at one but didnt allow me to bid before it was gone. Worked out about 100 quid including shipping. No grills with it though.

Nah I had to send back the chipped one.

I'll be having a look tonight so. €100 is grand. Only grills you would need are the centre bottom one and the two fog light surrounds. Was it a genuine seat bumper?

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Nah I had to send back the chipped one.

I'll be having a look tonight so. €100 is grand. Only grills you would need are the centre bottom one and the two fog light surrounds. Was it a genuine seat bumper?

Yeah it was off a black cupra. Seemed to be a scrapyard auction. and had the part no and all. It was the only one I seen but if I had of looked harder I probably would have found another few :) Whats next in the pipeline for you?