LCR W.I.P Update K04 Hybrid- F23 Here, mini review page 50

Dani_b19

Apr 8, 2009
Sorry to hear about this mate.

Willy have you got any pictures or info on your 90mm TIP? Looking to do one myself.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
CR machine the inlets too thin, under the groove section it literally is wafer thing

Agreed and if it's a non original housing we can only guess the tolerances in there machining, it was a snug fit going on, heat cycles and sealant may have created to good of a fit over a already thinned housing.

I still think it will be ok fitting the adapter over this, I gave re tapped it so the grub has housing to grip on.

It's not ideal obviously but can you see any further negatives?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Agreed and if it's a non original housing we can only guess the tolerances in there machining, it was a snug fit going on, heat cycles and sealant may have created to good of a fit over a already thinned housing.

I still think it will be ok fitting the adapter over this, I gave re tapped it so the grub has housing to grip on.

It's not ideal obviously but can you see any further negatives?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

so long as its secure, stuck on, grub screw nipped on and nothing loose to get eaten by the turbo, it will function the same.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Update Going to order a F23 hybrid, in Chicago next week so I can smuggle it back with demo stickers all over it.

CR Turbo has been nothing but a complete pain in the fckin arse from the moment I started to deal with them, I wish I never heard there name and could never recommend them based on my personal experience, i curse the day I decided to get a CR turbo, I cannot state this enough.

This only sums a small amount of how i feel about my dealings with them.

EpicFail.jpg

An while we are on the subject of incompetence, hosetechnik have send me the wrong brake lines 3 times now, seriously WTF, people out there can actually manage to fcuk things up not once, not twice but three times, failure has a new benchmark with these guys, couldn’t even be arsed to send the hoses back , they’re going to be put in the bin, I will wipe my dealings with them from my memory in the Irish tried and tested manner and proceed to order off of Bill, because he's competent.

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Wow Rob, that's some serious fail with the brake lines, those guys deserve a medal!!!

Onwards and upwards with the F23 ;)

slappy_dunbar

FrankenTurbo
Sep 1, 2009
www.frankenturbo.com
... has been nothing but a complete pain in the fckin arse from the moment I started to deal with them, I wish I never heard there name and could never recommend them based on my personal experience, i curse the day I decided to get a ...

If it's any consolation, this is exactly how I feel about the FrankenTT's FX400 clutch. It's out of the car for the FOURTH time right now. Garbage.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
If it's any consolation, this is exactly how I feel about the FrankenTT's FX400 clutch. It's out of the car for the FOURTH time right now. Garbage.

Dont get me started on clutches the SB clutch is playing up again, its been out twice, i guess this is the price we pay for playing with our cars.

Well looky look, picked this up the other week, AGU yooo.
Have to figure out now what can be swapped over from my BAM head and what i need to buy as replacements.

20130211_143505_zpsa34873f8.jpg

20130211_143542_zps8e06151e.jpg

Last edited:

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
The F23 sounds like a good upgrade Rob, and having Doug accessible through the forums is a big positive also.
You liking the buzz around n/a cams at the moment.
Each time i see the picture of the cr turbo in the bin make me chuckle :D.With regards exhaust manifolds i think the clock is ticking on which one is going to go tits up first..... your 034 or my V2 relentless:rolleyes:.
How do you rate your God speed brakes Rob.

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Flow is not a issue from the v3 and it's 40mm hole :) my car is pulling 286gs with more boost available when I sort my fuel pump out. But I agree no point changing from the 034 unless it fails.

slappy_dunbar

FrankenTurbo
Sep 1, 2009
www.frankenturbo.com
Flow is not a issue from the v3 and it's 40mm hole :) my car is pulling 286gs with more boost available when I sort my fuel pump out. But I agree no point changing from the 034 unless it fails.

You need to post logs, sir. Compare your times-to-speed when maxing 265 versus 285. I've no doubt you're seeing those airflows (on a Garrett, yes?), but it's a question whether the added flow is actually a benefit.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
You need to post logs, sir. Compare your times-to-speed when maxing 265 versus 285. I've no doubt you're seeing those airflows (on a Garrett, yes?), but it's a question whether the added flow is actually a benefit.

Hopefully bill has some saved logs from the mapping session. Yes im running a gt2871 clone. Air flow is matching power, the car is running less timing than stock at 5500 rpm and above. Its not happy with more timing but i do have a leaking valve seal or guide, this could cause the reasons for not liking added timing.
Egts are no higher than k04 at 30psi.

The real test will be when my new large port head is built, na cams, wmi and new fuel pump.
I have no doubts the v3 will become the first restriction but it has already exceeded what a k04 hybrid can produce and thats what its built for.

As you have said in your testing on audi sport, with the v3 you have now found the limit for the k04 hotside.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.