Faulty Electrics (immobiliser issue)

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
Took it apart and back together and it is now working, it probably didn't need cleaning but I did anyway, I think when I was putting it back together initially I must have forgotten the one clip behind the LCD, so I think that wasn't fully clipped so it didn't have a good connection so the upper characters did not display but the top ones still did.

Thank goodness, I thought I might have zeroed the odometer!

Thank you for your help!

Well I'm glad you got it sorted in the end ;)

kabsoft

Not strictly an immobilizer issue but I have a early 03 TDI Sport where the whole cluster now powers off after a couple of minutes. LCD panels go blank, no lighting, dials freeze at whatever speed & rpm I was doing at the time. Won't then come back to life & restart until I disconnect & reconnect the battery. Before I strip the cluster has anyone got the pinouts & details for the 8 pin black power connector which has an earth and 4 other wires connected?

regards, K

Tip1

My 04 Cupra TDI is also having similar problems.

I have been driving another car, so the Cupra has been sitting on the drive for a few months.

I went to start it the other day and there is no display on the clocks and it starts and then cuts out within a second or two.

Anyone have any ideas how much PD Tuning charge to re-solder?

Thanks

Ricky

Irek

driven by bjx 1.8t
Feb 5, 2013
Ayr
Right I had the immo issue but I removed the dials am fiddled about with the connection and it seams to work now, but my problem is that my rev counter doesn't work, it never did tbh, does anyone know how to fixe that problem? I had it scanned with vag com and no errors:/

Mar 19, 2010
Im still stuck with noone to code them in for mine as everyone gets stumped when i mention it. All seat dealers including seat UK claim its impossible.... even though it isnt

Apr 14, 2011
Do either mate when I first had mine fitted I had it disabled then a few weeks later had it coded :)

I have one goin cheap if you need one :)

Last edited:

Irek

driven by bjx 1.8t
Feb 5, 2013
Ayr
Do either mate when I first had mine fitted I had it disabled then a few weeks later had it coded :)

I have one goin cheap if you need one :)

how much? and how do you disiable it? if i do disiable the immo is it just gonna be plug and play?

Apr 14, 2011
yeah mate its with vagcom but that's also how you can code them to the car, send me an email to dodgytom8ataol.com and il send you some piks if you want

for vagcom stuff pm bondiblu above hes knows his stuff ;) and he will help you out

Tip1

Bit of an update with mine, i sent the clocks off to PDT (now called Sedox) and re-fitted them yesterday.

All was well, but i went to them a few hours later and nothing again. No lights, gauges not working, not starting.

Does anyone have the pin outs of the power connector pleas?

Cheers

Rick

Irek

driven by bjx 1.8t
Feb 5, 2013
Ayr
Bondiblu - would it be possible for you to email me please at

[email protected]

I could do with your help :)

Rick

Keep us updated when you get them fixed.
i just had my clutch changed and now my fuel gauge isnt working well everytime i turn it goes down to zero then comes back up. and the 'Beeeeep' is driving me nuts[:@]

kabsoft

Does anyone have the pin outs of the power connector pleas?

Black 8 pin power connector from a TDI PD130 Sport (6 dials/guages part no 6L0920930K)....

1- no wire
2- no wire
3- no wire
4- 12v for off side parking light (indicator stalk up), drops to 0v when ignition on
5- 0v rising to 12v when ignition on
6- 12v for near side parking light (indicator stalk down), drops to 0v when ignition on
7- 12v permament
8- earth

Still got issue with mine even though its been repaired twice now. Car has only managed 20 miles this year and is now SORN although i've just found a matching 2nd hand cluster on ebay so will see if this one is any better once I get it re-programmed.

K.

silvester922

Does anyone know of any garages in the Norfolk/Suffolk area that are willing to tackle this problem???

Priezti

Auto-Electrical Monkey!
Feb 11, 2009
Doncaster
It's not always the solder at fault, mine turned out to be the microprocessor. I soldered mine on 3 different occasions just in case, and I can solder very good!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.