Hi Seat owners

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hers a question. This might seem obvious but im not sure lol.

In the VAG you have Volkswagon, Audi and Skoda but . . . . . I have heard Seat's are effectivley the same as Golfs and Audi's, does this make Seat part of the VAG aswel? If so, are Seat's spanish or German now?

Please excuse the stupidness ha ha. I know nothing about cars but with this forum, i am hoping to learn alot and maybe even mod my own car myself.

SEAT,S.A are still a Spanish Registered company (Well Catalunya) but are owned by parent company Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
dont forget the corsa's

they normally reside in tescos car parks on a nite with exhausts worth more than the car :lol:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Thing is you might laugh at these little cars

But some of them... are very very fast and they are light... its not all about power

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
funny you should say that Andrew a lad i know in an audi a5 sline got hammered by a little vw lupo, that had been tuned up

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
its the same old thing

Guy with hatchback with 240bhp thinks he can outrun everything... little superhatch saxo comes along with 150bhp but alot lighter and gets rid of him lol

seen it numerous times

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Who mentioned a Audi? and just because a car has a turbo its automatically faster?

Power to weight son

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
was a 2.0 s line tdi which is 170-180 bhp. people do allsorts to cars. years ago near were i live there was what looked like a chavved up nova saloon but it had a 2 litre turbo engine dropped in it.

like with cupras and the tdi's you can tweak them considerably with remaps stage 1 and stage 2s

look in the readers rides section you will see some great examples

Last edited:

DMJ

Who mentioned a Audi? and just because a car has a turbo its automatically faster?

Power to weight son

Marty mentioned the Audi mate. I would have thought if you put my 2.0T cupra next to a saxo tuned up mate, because i have a Turbo, i have alot faster Acceleration, therefore makin distance between us both.

It relies on alot of factors like balls for a start, if one driver dares to take stupid risks and the other doesn't there will only be one clear winner.Also depends on things like the perfect gear change.

DMJ

was a 2.0 s line tdi which is 170-180 bhp. people do allsorts to cars. years ago near were i live there was what looked like a chavved up nova saloon but it had a 2 litre turbo engine dropped in it.

like with cupras and the tdi's you can tweak them considerably with remaps stage 1 and stage 2s

look in the readers rides section you will see some great examples

I think Standard Diesel is slower than Standard petrol like. I am remapping mine but not looked into it and don't know alot about it. for example dunno how many stages there are, how much each stage costs, at each stage what else needs upgrading etc.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Marty mentioned the Audi mate. I would have thought if you put my 2.0T cupra next to a saxo tuned up mate, because i have a Turbo, i have alot faster Acceleration, therefore makin distance between us both.

It relies on alot of factors like balls for a start, if one driver dares to take stupid risks and the other doesn't there will only be one clear winner.Also depends on things like the perfect gear change.

i dont know much about Saxo's but lets for example say now... one pulls up next to you.. somehow hes got 200bhp (im not sure if thats possible from their engines) and his car weighs alot less that yours

Just because you have a turbo and he doesn't your gonna win?

Talking of stupid risks.... your talking about racing cars on streets... just because you might be able to control your car doesn't mean that everybody else on the road can.. just takes one little thing and we could have a multi car smash on our hands.. be careful out there

Get to a track day, 1/4 mile day or 30-130 day instead of playing with lads in saxo's

kilner

May 8, 2011
all i will say is

be carefull around

the

pug 106's and corsa's you probably have more chance against a scooby than some of these little monsters

a tin can with a mega engine moves faster than a house with the same engine

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
I dont understand how this is possible though. Especially if the Audi has a turbo and 100bhp extra and the saxo doesn't

power to weight ratio - as simple as tbh.

kerb weight:
Cupra (240ps) - 1200kg (roughly)

Saxo VTS (150ps) - 800kg (roughly)

just on rough figures your carrying 400kg's more

So based on these power outputs (240ps on the cupra, 150ps on the saxo) these roughly are you power to weight ratio's:

Cupra roughly 200ps Per tonne

Saxo roughly 180ps per tonne

so yes you will have the edge on him without doubt, and yes your turbo will give you the assistance you need to get ahead and pull on him