SAMS BLACK LCR GT2871 build. THE END :( !!!

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
There are still better quality options and still half the price. Gt28clone housings with billet wheels and ceramic ball bearings for £450. Most probably my next move should mine fail.
On a brighter note it works perfectly, holds boost as it should with no nasty noises. These turbos do have signs of balancing so as long as thats correct then they should last imho.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Btw 1 day has passed and im still alive. I did give the car some stick on the way home from bills, no faults or funny sounds.
Must admit when you have a car that can loose traction so easy, and can struggle to go straight when gunning it, you do need to kind of learn how the car behaves. In the wrong hands it could end up nasty.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Yeah tell me about it. Its last thing on my list at and with the gear based mapping it reduces the need for one. Not to i dont need one :lol:
Head work and clutch first

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Btw 1 day has passed and im still alive. I did give the car some stick on the way home from bills, no faults or funny sounds.
Must admit when you have a car that can loose traction so easy, and can struggle to go straight when gunning it, you do need to kind of learn how the car behaves. In the wrong hands it could end up nasty.

I can imagine! Took me ages to get used to mine and you've alot more power. It certainly taught me respect for the car. You have good rubber on?

IH786

Apr 8, 2004
Birmingham
There are still better quality options and still half the price. Gt28clone housings with billet wheels and ceramic ball bearings for £450. Most probably my next move should mine fail.
On a brighter note it works perfectly, holds boost as it should with no nasty noises. These turbos do have signs of balancing so as long as thats correct then they should last imho.

Well done with the setup - something different and some excellent results :D

Smart move on the turbo - was considering a Chinese turbo myself but decided to go for a K04 Hybrid as I thought it would be more relaible - bad move [:@]

Know what you mean about handling with so much power. I was struggling with mine (for a few weeks it was running right) with less power than you!

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Don't forget you've got a FOC set of Avon's you can spin the shite out of soon, would be better to ruin those getting used to the power than to ruin a new set of vreds.

Very very true james. Scn needs a like button :)

Well done with the setup - something different and some excellent results :D

Smart move on the turbo - was considering a Chinese turbo myself but decided to go for a K04 Hybrid as I thought it would be more relaible - bad move [:@]

Know what you mean about handling with so much power. I was struggling with mine (for a few weeks it was running right) with less power than you!

I have chosen to go down the cheap copy turbo route for 2 reasons. 1 i have seen good results and reliablity from a few setups in the last year.
2 it has cost me very little to do. I already had a relentless dp and manifold, free turbo so the biggest cost for me were, mapping, oil and water lines, modding dp and manifold. In me testing this kind of setup i have very little to lose should it fail. I know a few people who didnt seem keen on the idea have now changed there minds :)
Fail play to bill too, i know this kind of setup is not what he is use to but had the correct support and advise from him :)

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
You could always send the turbo to Beach buggy turbos if you're worried about it for him to have a look at.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
But yes if i go for one of these high quality clones then it may be worth while. At the moment we are not squeezing everything out of the turbo, still making power, a hybrid would be under much more strain with less power. This test was cheap clone turbo vs hybrid :)

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
It's very tempting for the price! The figures you and Simon are getting for the money you can't go wrong!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise