Tablet?

Jonty

Has anyone managed to install a iPad/Galaxy Tab or something similar into their Ibiza?
Seen it on other cars, it would be sick :)

WJs

MeepMeep
Oct 26, 2006
Netherlands
Think the cars are a bit to new to start butchering the center dash. Their are also many aftermarket dash mounts, window mounts, etc where you can install tablets on, so cutting up your dash to fit a tablet in seems a bit to much work.

Ben-ibizaFR

Sep 23, 2012
Preston
Think the cars are a bit to new to start butchering the center dash. Their are also many aftermarket dash mounts, window mounts, etc where you can install tablets on, so cutting up your dash to fit a tablet in seems a bit to much work.

Get the holder, seen one befor, maybe go for the nexus by google tho as its cheaper and can run torque ap and also leave it in your car :) you can get mounts for aircraft, unfortunately I've not had a go of it (I still prefer the reliable paper);) however I'm sure it could be adapted easily !

Jonty

Cheers for replies guys :)

Was wanting it to more or less replace the OEM headunit, so I could use it for music, sat nav etc aswell as torque

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Cheers for replies guys :)

Was wanting it to more or less replace the OEM headunit, so I could use it for music, sat nav etc aswell as torque

Only issue then is powering the car speakers.

As well as the tablet for control - you would need amps for the speakers etc.

sounds like a nice project at some time but the tablet would be so prone to theft and unlike a head unit would either be powered up all the time or need to be switched on each time.

Alexanderrr

Speed & Sound
Sep 23, 2012
Netherlands
Was looking for a tablet as well. To much hassle

Now i've bought an Appradio 2. With my Android phone and the app ARLiberator i have an in dash android phone :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members