SAMS BLACK LCR GT2871 build. THE END :( !!!

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Doug, you need a readers ride thread. I'd love to see parallel Franken build thread on here just to add a UK perspective.;)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
New look for the 360bhp beast :)

d9e77745574d58d424e0d4c8708840fa_zpsf5212814.jpg

Looks like a normal k04 setup.......WRONG :lol:

slappy_dunbar

FrankenTurbo
Sep 1, 2009
www.frankenturbo.com
I don't want to derail Sam's thread here. What he's learning with this "big turbo" test is really pertinent to my "small turbo" metier. I've got my own thread on vortex, which I'll update shortly.

Dani_b19

Apr 8, 2009
Very impressive mate. Have you got a link to the turbo your using sam? Any idea what the end results will be with the largeport head and cams?

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
Hi Sam, as you know I'm a big admirer...briliant work and loving the new look bay.

Having a similar set up (or will have soon), wondered if you could help with a couple of things.

1) I'm sure I read on your thread that you had a turbo support bracket fashioned from the bracket off the K04 - how did you do this?
2) How and where did you get the pipework for the Super DV as the ports are massive and i'm struggling to find hoses.

Thanks in advance mate.

Chris

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Hi Sam, as you know I'm a big admirer...briliant work and loving the new look bay.

Having a similar set up (or will have soon), wondered if you could help with a couple of things.

1) I'm sure I read on your thread that you had a turbo support bracket fashioned from the bracket off the K04 - how did you do this?
2) How and where did you get the pipework for the Super DV as the ports are massive and i'm struggling to find hoses.

Thanks in advance mate.

Chris

Hi chris.
Bill from badger 5 made something up for the support bracket but he did uses the oem.

For the time being I have just used x2 38-25mm reducers from forge and x2 25mm alloy joiners. This is tempory while bill makes up a T joiner for me. Size being 60mm with 40mm T

Still it's working well and sounds great :)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Hello, little update.
My car is running fantastic, better than I could have ever thought. Power delivery is stunning, unlike k04, if you use half throttle you get a smooth build up of power, no nasty spikes of power like the k04. Meaning much nicer to drive out of corners. Best to describe as controllable power :D
Top end power is amazing, the way it holds it makes you grin from ear to ear. It never falls off at any point.
Badger 5 has really done a fantastic job. I know I had one of the best k04 turbos to run on bills dyno but my new setup puts my old k04 to shame :lol:

I have also bought some lcr alloys from James. I also had the chance to go out in his 470bhp leon, it's a beast.

New wheels fitted,
e523a1a4325e127a5fe4efc2bfb38b77_zps6517e3e6.jpg

I will get some close ups this weekend. I'm really pleased.
Also I take back what I said about the ap coilovers. They handle fantasticly, turns out my rear wheel spacers were faulty and causing wheel wobble and poor rear grip. Spacers removed and car is 200% better for it.
No longer looking for a new suspension setup :)

I have a set of ferrea super alloy exhaust valves on the way, getting large port ready. Yay

BDF9D36F-DAED-4D6E-82ED-AB9687E9C68E-1955-000002934101B33B_zps97952721.jpg

Also to arrive was a set of AGN na cams. These seem to have good results on the stock turbo setup but pretty much unknown on bigger turbo setup. Not sure if I will fit them. So advise needed I think.

9CD18A5F-1490-44B3-A249-94B989C68130-1955-000002931E833DA5_zpsd368ecdd.jpg

I also purchased another Audi tt strut brace to match my engine bay.

433F73A8-7C5A-443D-AC32-197CB1F5E734-1955-00000292F487BB20_zpsbcd2b825.jpg

Plans for this weekend are, fit strut brace, fit neuspeed rarb and refit my aem boost gauge :)

Thanks for reading

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
What a difference putting the LCR wheels back on has made.I really liked your BBS', but looks great now. Especially as you're shooting for OEM+! As you know, I'm a fan of a nice subtle bay... Top work as always Sam. I bet you're over the moon :)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Wheels look good mate. Better than ch's IMO.

Look forward to more updates.

Thanks mate

What a difference putting the LCR wheels back on has made.I really liked your BBS', but looks great now. Especially as you're shooting for OEM+! As you know, I'm a fan of a nice subtle bay... Top work as always Sam. I bet you're over the moon :)

thanks James. I still love the bbs and will miss them.
However the OEM+ is really doing it for me these days. I have a baby on the way and lots of power, I don't want to bring any unwanted attention to me unless i let off the pops and bangs :lol:

Don't be fooled with my car, it's lacked love the last year or so, and needs some much tlc before its anywhere near the level of standard that it used to be. It will be show ready as soon as the weather gets better.

I used to pride myself on keeping it Sooo clean but after ripping it apart 3 times last year I lost that spark.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Thanks mate

thanks James. I still love the bbs and will miss them.
However the OEM+ is really doing it for me these days. I have a baby on the way and lots of power, I don't want to bring any unwanted attention to me unless i let off the pops and bangs :lol:

Don't be fooled with my car, it's lacked love the last year or so, and needs some much tlc before its anywhere near the level of standard that it used to be. It will be show ready as soon as the weather gets better.

I used to pride myself on keeping it Sooo clean but after ripping it apart 3 times last year I lost that spark.

These cars respond really well to a bit of TLC. I'm sure it'll be up to standard soon knowing your attention to detail. Congratulations on the baby front! Our first born is due in 10 days or so... Gulp... :)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
These cars respond really well to a bit of TLC. I'm sure it'll be up to standard soon knowing your attention to detail. Congratulations on the baby front! Our first born is due in 10 days or so... Gulp... :)

Thanks, just hope I can get this new head on before the show season starts.
Congrats to you to, bet your really excited now

Chris-cupra R

Jul 25, 2012
Durham
Car looks brilliant and great updates! Just a quick one how low are you running with the coilovers? Im getting mine fitted next month and not sure how low to take it as i want it to be practical but a decent drop aswell..