SOLD - Crafoo's Mk2 LCR Speed Blue - Meet the successor!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Sooo after 6 and a half years of owning my Mk4 Ibiza from new I have finally taken the plunge and bought it's replacement, picked it up last weekend and decided seeing as I have the day off work today to get a few quick pictures up and do a quick RR thread as I've never done one previously.

The wife and I spent many hours scouring adverts and websites to find "the one" and I stumbled across a lovely looking speed blue LCR which was in our budget, a quick call to the dealer to ask about the car was met with very positive reviews (although I guess most dealers will talk any car up) so we decided to go and have a look, when we got to the dealers we could see the car was totally mint as described and after a test drive we decided it was coming home with us, we were that impressed, no visible stone chips, scuffs on the wheels or rips or marks on the interior trim, the only thing we found was a tiny little scuff on the drivers seat back which is barely noticeable (and having looked back at these pics the rear pipes look a little off centre but I will check that and get it sorted if that's the case).

It was a little strange seeing the back of my old car having been the only owner from new I got more attached than I realised and it was sad to see her go but as much as I loved my old Ibiza the difference between the two cars really is night and day, interior and exterior is just so much better quality wise and it's a much more comfortable car to drive and has all the options ticked barring sunroof I believe [B)]

I won't go into the details of money but it was a good price and still has dealer warranty until the end of the year which was a big bonus, so it'll give me plenty of time to weed out any little bits that need attention before I have to foot the bill myself.

Planned mods to be honest are going to be quite minimal because at the moment I love the car exactly as it is, I do have a few little inexpensive mods that I plan to do around pay day but I will update this thread as and when that happens, but I don't plan to be doing any big money mods as I don't think the car really needs it, and looks wise other than maybe going down the Sportlines route I don't think much will change.

Anyway enough waffling from me, pictures are far more interesting :happy:

Last edited:

DMcG

Oct 5, 2012
Kent
Similar to mine. Good choice. I hate the stance standard and desperately want a b12 kit.

Other than that love the car. But will be getting rid of the bridgestones when they expire for something better.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Stunning interior but your right those tailpipes are way off centre. These sit so high up as well, first port of call would be a set of coilovers or springs. Nice colour.

I think I will probably go down the Sportline route as so many others have and always heard good things plus they aren't overly expensive either but that will happen a little further down the line.

Similar to mine. Good choice. I hate the stance standard and desperately want a b12 kit.

Other than that love the car. But will be getting rid of the bridgestones when they expire for something better.

Got Hankook's on at the moment and they seem fine, not sure what they are like in the wet but no issues so far :)

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
About time mate!!! That is a fantastic colour, the only one I would swap my 'yellow' for. The tyres are evo ventos v12's, decent tyre, wear rate is poor but after our conversation I reckon you'll be fairly pleased. The exhaust looks like it's trying to hide from something - time to get your hands a bit dirty and have a look underneath, probably just rubber holder thingy that isn't seated right.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Thanks mate :) yeah I know I took my time haha

Yeah going to have to have a look at the exhaust, hopefully it's nothing too bad, never noticed it until I looked at the pictures on here lol, worst case I will see if it can be done under warranty.

Just waiting till payday now to get a couple of the little details done like yours, looking at the foot rest for sure, great little mod that is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

CJcupra

Jan 11, 2013
Surrey
LOL Ive only just noticed your location on your avatar haha. brilliant.

Back to the MPG, that's pretty much the same as me. I do 120 miles ( mainly motorway ) and get low 30's.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
LOL Ive only just noticed your location on your avatar haha. brilliant.

Back to the MPG, that's pretty much the same as me. I do 120 miles ( mainly motorway ) and get low 30's.

Don't worry, I'm not really there ;)

I have been driving it quite sensibly at the moment to be fair so it would obviously return a little less if I was driving with more eagerness but it's not a million miles off the consumption I was getting from my previous car.

My main journey obviously is work and back with a mixture of mainly 30 and 60 zones, so it's quite varied driving and I don't think the MPG is too bad really, currenty done about 270 miles with around 60 miles range left.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Beautiful car bud. WOuld defo get the exhausts checked though as they are offset and sitting too deep in the bumper. All should be sorted by warranty. Enjoy it :)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Beautiful car bud. WOuld defo get the exhausts checked though as they are offset and sitting too deep in the bumper. All should be sorted by warranty. Enjoy it :)

Thanks mate, I've read over your RR thread, that's quite a car you've got there, must be a total animal, really like the yellow too, the black details really stand out on the yellow.

Yeah I never noticed the pipes until I posted the pics up on here lol, hoping it should be something really simple, if I had some ramps I would have looked already but I may just swing by the dealers at some point and get them to take a quick look.

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Mate, i've got a decent jack and pair of stands you can use if you wanted to pass by. I've just been out to FINALLY sort my creeking RARB and whilst I was under the car I made sure I took note of how the zorst was mounted.

Last edited:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Mate, i've got a decent jack and pair of stands you can use if you wanted to pass by. I've just been out to FINALLY sort my creeking RARB and whilst I was under the car I made sure I took note of how the zorst was mounted.

Awesome, that would be great if you don't mind dude :)

Really ought to get a decent jack and some stands

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.