joe's toledo mk2

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
hi

hi all .....
not been on for a long time got a few little update not much though she's been abit neglected for a few good months now but its m.o.t time on saturday so attentions turned back to the car.
so what have we done
new indicator bulb pasanger side for mot, what a pain in the ass to get at.
spoiler got fitted then removed, wraped in vinyl (only a test to see if the shape could be done), fitted liked it so orded enough vinyl to do it in one piece rather than 2 halves as it is.
fitted some rear footwell lights in white that work with the interiour light, then orded some in red that come on with the ignition so now they will match the front footwells:D
apart from that washed it drove it loved it. more to follow......

drewm2389

hi random i know but did u have 2 pipes on inlet when bypassing n249 valve as im stuck ?

drewm2389

i can only find instructions for ones with single inlet vac can i have some advise please on how u did it ?

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
from what i can see in the dark the two ports are one infront of the other, ive taken the port furthest from the radiator and piped it towards the fuel presure regulator but ''t'' off to my boost gauge first and then ''t'' off for the DV. hope that makes sence, the other port closest to the radiator supplys the vacume feed to the tray that has all the valves on it thats upside down in front of the inlet under the plastic cover. when i did it i i repiped all of the hoses on that tray as well using a guide from mk4 golf forums iirc, sorry i havn't got a link for it but hope that helps.

drewm2389

thanks very much ive got that far but most guides only have one pipe really annoying . ive done as you have but i also gone abit further and bypassed the valve it where it goes from the other valve to i think its a metal pipe i will just have to keep looking but im really thankfull for
your time :)

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
anyone else dislike the shape of the hose that goes to the dump valve

its the one on the top left that iv tried to circle

its a funny old shape and I couldn't see the point so I chopped it up and made this

much nicer I thinks

dannyCworth

Sarcasm is lost in print.
Apr 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
I like it actually, its different, which is good in my eyes.

My only feedback would be to clean up the cut on the bend, try get this nicely smooth and uniform as the rough edges are quite prominent through the perspex. Might need some colour or dye on the frays though!

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
I like it actually, its different, which is good in my eyes.

My only feedback would be to clean up the cut on the bend, try get this nicely smooth and uniform as the rough edges are quite prominent through the perspex. Might need some colour or dye on the frays though!

haha well spotted. its tidy now this photo I took whilst test fitting.

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
finally got started on my occ today not fitted yet but was making a bracket I wanted to mount it at the front next to the battery however there is a bloody rad pipe in the way so-

bracket time
orded some 8mm Perspex to work with will be sitting between the lid and the tank then mounted on the front of car.

heres the lid I orded fittings so 19mm hoses can fit, brought a cheep can from the bay and modified it using copper pipe a 45deg fitting and some rust proof scouring pads as id seen a guy on a Mitsubishi evo forum make one and thought im a plumber I can do that!

postie came this morning with this for me

held the pipework up to see how it will look

so waiting for some nyloc nuts and a few other bits but coming along nice

I managed to get some elbows for the braided fuel hoses as I snaped em through stupidity at the time and the hoses form parts place they wanted £64 screw that so while the lid was up got em fitted along with hose spaces and went from this

with the fuel lines pointing up which has bugged me for ages to this

and then took a couple of shots of her

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members