The story of my 1.8T Toledo

Tony Maybe .:R

2002 Seat Toledo 1.8T 20V

it was completely stock when I bought it

The first thing i did was to buy 18" allow wheels and its Magnaflow exhaust system:

then I installed BOV and polished the intake. Also I installed a home-made air filter deflector

then i installed an eibach spring kit to lower the car

I also bought the Cupra front bumper

First results with no grills and no paint wax

Then with grills installed

Then i thought of a wheel color change: Gold

result

Also I had to do something with the rear bumber, in order to keep the Cupra style

Thanks, I always wanted to install the complete Cupra kit, seats, engine, brakes, bodykit, etc

azzy964

very nice, I do like those gold wheels with the red paintwork.
I'm yet to lower my Tolly, I can't wait it makes a massive difference to how good they look.
are they Cupra skirts? What rear bumper did you fit?

Ad

very nice, I do like those gold wheels with the red paintwork.
I'm yet to lower my Tolly, I can't wait it makes a massive difference to how good they look.
are they Cupra skirts? What rear bumper did you fit?

Ad

The side skirts are not the Cupra OEMs, they are another type.

As for the rear bumper, I just made a home-made paint job

azzy964

it looks great for a homemade paint job, well done.
you done any performance mods yet?

Ad

for engine upgrades, the engine was modified from 1.8lt to 2.0lt, down pipe, blow-off valve and pressure regulator.

I painted the rear bumper trying to follow the Leon's bumper look

Inspiration:

Tolly 150

Aug 1, 2010
You did it very well mate, do you have any more closer pictures of how the exhaust sits? It really didn't like a tip on show would work with mine.

You did it very well mate, do you have any more closer pictures of how the exhaust sits? It really didn't like a tip on show would work with mine.

Well first i had a Magnaflow exhaust tip, I "scabbled" into the gray plastic, making the shape/form of the exhaust

but i wasn't completely satisfied, so I painted the bumper completely red, including the bottom plastic making it from rought to smooth:

Finally I sold that exhaust, because I was about to buy an OEM cupra exhaust tip, and in the meantime I left the pipe itself, from down pipe to the very exit :happy:

here is the steel pipe, with no restrictions from DP to exit

By the way, the sound with no restrictions wasn't that loud, it was great!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

NimR

Great build, shame you sold it though, like what you done with the rear bumper...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members