My LCR. 330mm brakes,wheels,KW Clubsports, Quaife ATB, stage 2 map booked.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Had a great time today car worked very well! Had to leave early which was a shame but I definay want to have a go again.
null_zps179c7e75.jpg

null_zpsb0da0208.jpg

null_zps02df5f10.jpg

A very well organised day by Pat and Andy at LVSR.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
LCR's are much more fun on the track, they come alive :)

Glad you had a good time. Nice weather for it today mate.

Last edited:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
LCR's are much more fun on the track, they come alive :)

Glad you had a good time. Nice weather for it today mate.

To true, you only scratch the surface on the road. These cars also need the mods to make the most of them. A few choice mods and they're very fast cars and much more rewarding to drive. The improvments handling and steering feel are worlds away from the car I bought less than two years ago.
The diff is still up there as my fave mod. Worth it's weight in gold today!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
To true, you only scratch the surface on the road. These cars also need the mods to make the most of them. A few choice mods and they're very fast cars and much more rewarding to drive. The improvments handling and steering feel are worlds away from the car I bought less than two years ago.
The diff is still up there as my fave mod. Worth it's weight in gold today!

Could not agree more! Completely different cars from how they come as standard.

I may have some track time coming up which will give me a good idea of the difference a diff makes.. ;)

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Glad you enjoyed it fella. Superbly setup lcr you have. Hopefully we can cross paths sometime. Would love to see the car and meet you, exchange some notes especially on those brakes :)

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Glad you enjoyed it fella. Superbly setup lcr you have. Hopefully we can cross paths sometime. Would love to see the car and meet you, exchange some notes especially on those brakes :)

Thanks for the kind words. I've spent a lot of time researching and asking many silly questions. I'm pleased with how it's turned out so far. It's should be interesting when mapped.

It would be great to meet up some time we should have a big gathering at some point. The brakes are very impressive. They're a bit over kill on the road (with is what I like in brakes) and worked very well on track.

This car looks ace. Love it.

Thank you. Is see you're in Lincoln have you been to any Lincs VAG meets?

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
No man, not really been to many shows or meets. Going to inters this year with ioc, and been to one local meet ever lol there doesnt seem to be much around this area tbh? Or am i looking in all the wrong places ha you take yours to many shows and meets?

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
No not shows. Meets are looking up though there's a group called Lincs VAG on FB and there's two weekly meets at the moment. There's on this Saturday 2pm in the old Dunelm mill car park. Sounds like its getting bigger each meet and very chilled. I'm hoping to pop along this time but I'm going out that night so might not be there long. Are you on FB?

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
No not shows. Meets are looking up though there's a group called Lincs VAG on FB and there's two weekly meets at the moment. There's on this Saturday 2pm in the old Dunelm mill car park. Sounds like its getting bigger each meet and very chilled. I'm hoping to pop along this time but I'm going out that night so might not be there long. Are you on FB?

i presumed with the beast you own you may take it to some shows :p whens it getting stage 2? Lincs VAG? il give it an add and may have to pop down to one, be good to meet some new people etc. Ahhh this sat would of been good as il have my new milltek and map on but unfortunately im at work :/

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
My car doesn't look good close up to much fade! Lol. I haven't been to any car shows since the late 90's, I should really make the effort. Maps booked in 31/07/13 as I'm so busy at work, can't wait!!!
I'm looking forward to going to the local meets as it would be good to meet some like minded people.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Did you experience any increase in cabin engine noise when you fitted the mounts. I fitted mine this evening and briefly driven it and vibrations are minimal the instant power delivery is excellent but i have experienced a more pronounced engine noise. Did you experience a slightly different sound.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Did you experience any increase in cabin engine noise when you fitted the mounts. I fitted mine this evening and briefly driven it and vibrations are minimal the instant power delivery is excellent but i have experienced a more pronounced engine noise. Did you experience a slightly different sound.

The defirence in power delivery is much better than I expected. It took me by surprise still yesterday when over taking. I was a bit sceptical when I bought them but Alex swears by them so at the discounted price I thought what the hay. Very good aren't they!
Yes defiantly more noise, it sounded like a metal on metal grinding noises to begin with. It's settled down now and most of the noise is coming from the gearbox. I can live with it though. :)

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
The defirence in power delivery is much better than I expected. It took me by surprise still yesterday when over taking. I was a bit sceptical when I bought them but Alex swears by them so at the discounted price I thought what the hay. Very good aren't they!
Yes defiantly more noise, it sounded like a metal on metal grinding noises to begin with. It's settled down now and most of the noise is coming from the gearbox. I can live with it though. :)

I'm glad you said that about the noise, its hard to explain like a metal knocking, rutting noise. It can't be anything I've done can only be the mounts. Its not excessive but if the radio is off and you start obsessing over it , it does sound different. They are an excellent upgrade and give confidence that stresses on the manifold and other items are at a minimum.

jonbon82

hi just want to say love the work to your car. I'm another lcr owner from lincs. i see your car at time attack at cadwell this year. bet you cant wait for stage 2 map.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
hi just want to say love the work to your car. I'm another lcr owner from lincs. i see your car at time attack at cadwell this year. bet you cant wait for stage 2 map.

Thanks very much! What colours yours? I see LCR around town but they don't seem to stay in the same hands for long.
Are you going to the meet tomorrow? Yes very excised about mapping!!!

Hotel and tickets booked for inters! My cars not coming but I'm tagging along with Matt and the LVS Racing boys. Hope to chatch up with some of you there!

I've also bought a few bits which have arrived ready for fitting. 10mm wheels spacers and longer bolts for the rears. Plus nomad single A pillar gauge holder and oil temp gauge.

jonbon82

mines a platinum grey, owned for nearly a year now and love it. I'm from alford out skeggness way. I wanted to go and have a look at the LVS day at blyton last Friday but couldn't get away from work.

where is the meet tomorrow and what time wouldn't mind poping along? where are you having it mapped? mines just about ready for stage 2 map just want to change the map pipe and charge pipe for forge items then a good service.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
mines a platinum grey, owned for nearly a year now and love it. I'm from alford out skeggness way. I wanted to go and have a look at the LVS day at blyton last Friday but couldn't get away from work.

where is the meet tomorrow and what time wouldn't mind poping along? where are you having it mapped? mines just about ready for stage 2 map just want to change the map pipe and charge pipe for forge items then a good service.

I know Alford I played football and Cricket there I'm from Cleethorpes.

The meets on outer circle road at the old Dunelm mill site 2pm. I'll get you a post code if you want.

It's being mapped at R tech :)

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise