Need a for sale section

blackcupra180

Aug 4, 2009
fife
I've bought things of facebook selling things before. The guys say send payment as a gift..... Eh no. I will give you extra to cover the fees. Trust no one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
If you use PayPal properly and send the correct payment through then you'll get your money back if the seller rips you off but only if you don't recieve your purchase.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Lets see,

buy via eBay, using paypal & have some legal protection

or

Buy off a forums for sale section;

no protection, don't know if the person selling isn't a scammer, if your unfortunate enough to get ripped off,

people unfortunate to get ripped off try blaming the forum for allowing scammers to operate
major headache for site operators/moderators

hmmmm, what to do
:whistle:

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Either way buying from anywhere on the net if you use PayPal and send it for goods or ask for an invoice you can't get scammed simples! If you send it as a gift to someone you don't know then its your own fault if you get scammed!

Lol at everyone moaning about these threads how about just ignoring them in future as its still hit 2pages for nothing.

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Ps....my 10p worth....id like a forsale section on here due to the fact it is a big forum with a shedload of mk3 members ;) and if the rules are there then how can anyone blame the mods or complain to the mods...

Rules

No picture no add!
In add needs to be a pic of the item your selling...also written on a peice of paper next to the item. Username time and date.
All contact details name phone number location

Disclaimer...

Buy at your own risk!! We will not be held for responsible for something out of our control you choose to trust and buy then your problem! (Personally only a plonker will try and blame the owner lol)

Use paypal invoice for goods or cash on collection.

Pps id gladly be forsale admin and confirm adds.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
An old member tried to set up an eBay style page just so that we could post stuff for sale but he was told he would be banned from the site for life if he carried on so he scrapped the idea.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I'd build a custom piece into the forum when someone starts a new topic. If the words "sale" AND "section" appear in topic or post, don't post until moderated.

When moderated...send PM to user to kindly **** off and read the stickies in the relevant section.

Happy to look into building this in :)

LeonUser

Mar 15, 2012
North West, Cheshire
=shnazzle;4231787 I'd build a custom piece into the forum when someone starts a new topic. If the words "sale" AND "section" appear in topic or post, don't post until moderated.

When moderated...send PM to user to kindly **** off and read the stickies in the relevant section.

Happy to look into building this in :)

This is a great idea, i totally am going forward with this one.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: