Leon flip Key guide

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
try finding somebody local with VCDS/VAGCOM to do a scan for any faults. I'm actually going to be down near Birmingham doing a group buy for new keys cutting & programming for some guys from the TT forum on the 1st weekend in March. Not sure if it's going to be the Sat or Sun yet

You're welcome to pop along

jam666999

Mar 2, 2004
Northants
Visit site
Nice one much appreciated! I've put a post in the vag.com request to see if there's anyone local that can take a look. It's annoyed I have away my cable and laptop with it on when I got rid of my Ibiza years ago. Is there anything in particular to be looking out for?

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
you need to check to see if the remote is actually sending an RF signal. Even if it has a red LED & it lights up when the buttons are pressed it doesn't mean the remote is definitely sending a RF signal. So find somebody with an RF tester.

If that's ok then get somebody with VCDS/VAGCOM to do a scan of the comfort module

oh & the TT key group buy meet is going to be on Sun 3rd March at Tamworth services. I'm going to be there from about 11am for at least 2hrs as i've got keys to do for 4 TT's so far

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
try these

Channel 00: Remote Control Clearing

This channel clears all previously adapted remotes. It is advised to clear old remotes if the Remote Control Adaptation is not successful.

[Select]
[35 - Cent. Locking]
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel 00
Read]
The New value will be 0 by default.
[Save]
When the prompt asks if you are sure you want to save a value of 0 to Channel 00, click [Yes]

Channel 01: Remote Control Adaptation

[Select]
[35 - Cent. Locking]
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel 01
Read]

This will display the number of currently stored remotes in "Stored Value".
Enter your total number of keys up to a maximum of 4 (including any existing keys) in "New Value"

[Test]
Verify that the number in "Test Value" is correct.
[Save]
When the prompt asks if you are sure you want to save a value of x to Channel 00, click [Yes]

Press and hold (for at least one second) the UNLOCK button on the fob, at which time it will be learned.
If you're programming more than one fob press and hold the UNLOCK button on the second fob for one second, press and hold the UNLOCK button on the third fob for one second, etc.
You have a total of 15 seconds to do them all.

The car may give you some sort of acknowledgment as each key is learned (lights flash, horn beep, etc.)

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
in case anybody requires a new/spare key doing i'm going to be heading South from Huddersfield to Cobham services on either 13th or 14th April. Route is M1 & M25 but can make a detour if need be as long as it's not too far off of my route.

Doesn't just have to be Seat's, i can do probably 90% of makes of car keys

Craig

Guaje7

Craig are you based in Huddersfield? I'm in lancashire.... have a problem. Got a mk1 Leon 2003 that I need a second key for. RCL would be nice but not a requirement as the only key I have is just a key with no buttons. I can source the fob, blade and get it cut, but can you assist with anything else? I've also sent you a PM

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
Right folks!

i know i've had people South of me ask when i'm going to be doing another South trip so i'd thought i'd let everybody know that on Saturday 22nd June i'm going to be heading from Huddersfield to Cobham services on the M25 to do a group buy for some peeps from the TT forum

I'm going to be getting to Cobham for about 9-9.30 so anybody interested & is nearby is welcome to meet there or if you're not near there I can do a detour on my way home

marts2003

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share my experiences - given how helpful this whole thread has been to me!

I recently bought an LCR, that came with the service key and an extremely tatty RCL flip key. Having watched a couple of YouTube videos, I bought a new shell - but managed to damage the transponder during the transfer... :-(

Decided that what I really wanted was 2 new RCL flip keys, so asked my local dealership (Oxford). Their response "To supply and code in new flip blade type key including remote £209.58 including VAT (each)". Once I'd stopped laughing, I decided to see this as a challenge, and started researching what was really involved and what my options were etc etc.

Followed actionman's excellent advice and purchased 2 complete keys from key_service on eBay (for £71.98 delivered). Followed the sequence outlined in the manual, and successfully coded the RCL circuits (for free). Got my keys cut at Timpson's (new outlet at Abingdon Tesco's), he didn't charge (because he wasn't supplying the blade and he wouldn't guarantee that it would work). Both new blades worked fine, so I left a £10 tip.

Shopped around re: getting my car to accept the new transponders - and ended up going to a SEAT dealership! Oxford wanted £72 + VAT per key (!!!), whereas Emmer Green said they would do both keys for £20.40 (incl VAT) - and I had a really enjoyable visit (including a test drive). So a big 'thumbs up' for Emmer Green.

All-in-all, 2 new fully-functional RCL flip keys for an outlay of £102.38...(plus a bit of extra travelling).

Moral of the story - don't allow anyone to rip you off. If you do the research and shop around, you should be able to save yourself a packet (which you can then put towards your next project!).

Hope this helps!

marts2003

I know!

I was amazed at how cheaply Emmer Green would do this for - and thought I'd better share the info... especially for owners in Oxfordshire, Berkshire etc!

M.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
Hi guys. I've been reading up on this and I get more and more confused with each post :(

My unlock button stopped working on my fob. Everything else works fine. Must be a microswitch or something.

I've seen a key with transponder for £40 on ebay.

I presume I need to open my key, switch the transponder and blade over to the new one? Anything else I need to do?

Jul 12, 2013
RETFORD
Yeh lol , how would that convo go---

Actionman: hey tom can you make me a key?
@udi a3: sure, can I borrow your van n stock for a few mins? Oh will you be home too incase I get stuck?

Lol

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
well i opened up my key and jiggled the circuit board and my unlock button started working again! will see how long this lasts before having to get a new key

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members