Hawkins Mk4 Ibiza Readers Ride

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
Just a quick update with a few photos people :) got some snaps of my new exhaust on;

Before

null-57.jpg

null-67.jpg

Sooo shiny woooo :)

null-71.jpg

After:

null-59.jpg

null-66.jpg

null-69.jpg

null-60.jpg

null-64.jpg

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
I love the car now, feels brand new and is sooo much more responsive. Sounds perfect as well, at normal driving it doesn't really sound much different and then when the throttles down it sounds incredible.

The only downside to getting a map and fitting at AmD northampton is there was no rolling road thus no printout, however i shall be finding a set of rollers at some point in the near future to get a printout :)

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
Thanks for looking people :) i shall be at Gti Inters for the first time this year wooo and although im going as part of another forum im looking forward too seeing all the SCN cars on the stand!

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
cheers pal! sure your also on I O C haha i literally love the colour of your car. You local to lincoln as ive not seen it driving aboot?

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
ha :p true that, its just aswell your username is practically the same. makes you easy to recognise, ahh i see. The idea of a meet out near cleethorpes was a good one tbh, not exactly miles from everyone in this area and all!

Dsgfr11

Mar 30, 2012
Northamptonshire
ha :p true that, its just aswell your username is practically the same. makes you easy to recognise, ahh i see. The idea of a meet out near cleethorpes was a good one tbh, not exactly miles from everyone in this area and all!

It's not a bad night out in the car either think we should push for one

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
Bought a new cone filter to replace the black one that i had in there as its been on a while. I wanted a red one and managed to find one at autosiliconehoses.com and was a bargain price so decided id give it a crack!

null-95.jpg

Also in the process of spraying my fog grilles in black to match side pillars and front/rear badges plus i think it will loosh better. I vinyl wrapped one to get an idea and decided i liked it!

Before;

null-96.jpg

Primer;

null-94.jpg

And il update with finished photos after its done :) buzzing for inters now! should be loads of top notch cars and looks like its going to be decent weather.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Sounds like things have moved on a fair bit. What plans have you next?
I saw your photo on lincs VAG have you been to a meet?

speedfreak123

Jun 3, 2011
Penarth South Wales
Nice car mate :)
Personally I'd put some wheel spacers on it next, it makes the stance so much better. What's the exhaust sound like now then? I've just ordered a milltek non res cat back for mine and I can't wait. In a few months I'll be getting the downpipe too

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
Sounds like things have moved on a fair bit. What plans have you next?
I saw your photo on lincs VAG have you been to a meet?

Hi pal, i saw your car on the vag tuning stand on the saturday! Did you take it up the strip? I didn't say hello due to being with some other friends who were eager to look around everywhere lol Nah not been to one yet although we could try and get a couple of us together from scn and maybe take some summer pics etc?

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
Nice car mate :)
Personally I'd put some wheel spacers on it next, it makes the stance so much better. What's the exhaust sound like now then? I've just ordered a milltek non res cat back for mine and I can't wait. In a few months I'll be getting the downpipe too

Cheers pal :) yeah spacers are a must, after going to inters and seeing a majority of the ibizas there with a nice stance id left me feeling like it needs to be done! Is yours mapped? and i presume its a 20vt? If so it helps you really hear the turbo spool and when you boot it from around 3k revs it sounds phenomenal. Yet still sounds relatively normal when driving at normal 30/40mph town speeds!

.Si.

Feb 14, 2012
sunny essex
cars looking good james..loving the stealth look.

not a fan of black cars with black wheels..but i do like yours..they seem to suit it well.

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
finished

null-165.jpg

null-164.jpg

And decided with my left over fly eyes id wrap my fog lights to go with the black look at the front.

null-158.jpg

null-156.jpg

null-159.jpg

Last edited:

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
Just a quick update, before heading off to inters for the day i thought a clean was in need so i grabbed a few pics whilst doing so :)

Engine Bay;

null-161.jpg

Before and after of alloys;

null-162.jpg

null-160.jpg

null-163.jpg

I used some funky new wheel wax which i can no longer remember the name of lol but it was ace!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.