Has anyone ordered a new Leon Recently?

Mydogfred

Jun 20, 2013
Has anyone ordered a new Leon Recently? I ordered my 2.0 TDI FR in Red with a tech pack and convenience pack on 15th May and it is due for delivery around August 8th. Just trying to find out how accurate the delivery times are?

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Got called to say my 2.0 TDI FR 184 in Red will be delayed by the sunroof, ordered on Saturday, delivery estimated November :(

I'm hoping it's the same as when the 184 engine wouldn't ship until next year, then started shipping a week later!

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Ordered mine on June 10th, collected on June 14th. Lucky that the dealer the broker put me in contact with had exactly the car I wanted (1.4 TSi SE in White) on the forecourt.

RobNorwichUK

JK1 - Same here. I'm ordering a 184 FR and have been told mid-November!

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
Here's something new that might affect delivery dates. SEAT has announced temporary lay-offs for its workers, including closing the Leon production line for 35 days next year. The changes don't come into effect until September, so hopefully won't hit existing delivery dates much - but this could depend on how the unions react.

keensmith

Not sure if I qualify for this post, but I ordered my 1.8TSi DSG on 19 Feb & still don't have a delivery date! I know I'm being messed about, but I can either cancel & reorder (8 - 12 weeks) through another source or bite the bullet & try & get something definite. Am most p*****d off with the whole thing. I've been considering other makes, but everything has similar 8-12 weeks for factory orders (I'm a bit specific with my extras!) & tbh I really can't see anything better value than the SEAT & I really want it, so I know I'll be disappointed if I go elsewhere! It's getting a bit beyond now though, as I was originally "promised" late April delivery. Anybody any suggestions?!

Nick100

Just orded 2.0 TDI FR Leon SC on Monday, been told 8/12 weeks But I have orderd the sunroof so will wait to see if the dealer advises of delays.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Not sure if I qualify for this post, but I ordered my 1.8TSi DSG on 19 Feb & still don't have a delivery date! I know I'm being messed about, but I can either cancel & reorder (8 - 12 weeks) through another source or bite the bullet & try & get something definite. Am most p*****d off with the whole thing. I've been considering other makes, but everything has similar 8-12 weeks for factory orders (I'm a bit specific with my extras!) & tbh I really can't see anything better value than the SEAT & I really want it, so I know I'll be disappointed if I go elsewhere! It's getting a bit beyond now though, as I was originally "promised" late April delivery. Anybody any suggestions?!

Have you tried contacting Seat UK directly?

Where you the person who was told the car was made then failed inspection and it back to be built again?

Personally I'd complain to Seat UK and see if they can get some information about your order

keensmith

Found out today that my car will now be "in stock" 9 Sep! So very disappointed & most frustrated. Don't know what's going on really, but having gone through Broker (who won't give me order number or name of supplier as -"due to the sensitive nature of our supply route in supplying this car at such a large discount, this information must remain confidential"!), I'm completely in their hands. I've been given the option to cancel & get my deposit back, but that leaves me back at square one, with a 8 - 12 week delivery for a factory order & probably higher price from another source. At least (if I can believe anymore) I'm looking at 8 weeks now. Decided to bite the bullet & go for the "promise", but that will be 30 weeks from ordering! I tried SEAT UK, but they need an order number & dealer name to progress & I just don't deem to be able to get this from Broker. SEAT did say that 1.8 TSis were being delayed though (no explanation why?!). I just bl***dy well hope all this is worth it! Any good things from you guys with 1.8TSIs (DSG?), much appreciated in order to keep me salivated! Please, no negatives! lol

Nick100

Found out today that my car will now be "in stock" 9 Sep! So very disappointed & most frustrated. Don't know what's going on really, but having gone through Broker (who won't give me order number or name of supplier as -"due to the sensitive nature of our supply route in supplying this car at such a large discount, this information must remain confidential"!), I'm completely in their hands. I've been given the option to cancel & get my deposit back, but that leaves me back at square one, with a 8 - 12 week delivery for a factory order & probably higher price from another source. At least (if I can believe anymore) I'm looking at 8 weeks now. Decided to bite the bullet & go for the "promise", but that will be 30 weeks from ordering! I tried SEAT UK, but they need an order number & dealer name to progress & I just don't deem to be able to get this from Broker. SEAT did say that 1.8 TSis were being delayed though (no explanation why?!). I just bl***dy well hope all this is worth it! Any good things from you guys with 1.8TSIs (DSG?), much appreciated in order to keep me salivated! Please, no negatives! lol

Makes you wonder if the broker could not order your spec from a dealer until now.
Has the broker offered a guarantee you will get in around 9 Sept?
Good luck with it.

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
Keensmith, Loving the 1.8tsi DSG. Seems much quicker than my old 140 PD and even seems to have more torque (don't think it does though). Sounds great when you floor it too. The 7 speed DSG seems smoother than the 6 speed I had on the mk2. Don't worry, it will be worth the wait!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members