First Service

robtheplod

I've been looking at the service book for when the first would be due on my FR diesel. It's not that clear! it seems to say 5,000 miles but this can't be true can it?? I presume the car itself will alert me but just curious!

Deleted member 74601

It's probably either 10,000 miles or, if you're on variable servicing, whenever the engine tells you.

Snarks

May 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
My service book says that my car is on fixed interval servicing dependent on the PR QI number on page 7 but it doesn't say which market we are in.

What does your car say on the display (CAR -> Setup -> Service)? Mine says next service due in 14000 miles which makes it a 20,000 mile interval.

Jun 15, 2013
As far as I am aware all Seat Leons are on a 1yr 10,000 mile service interval, mine certainly is. If you call a dealer with your Reg or VIN they will confirm it.

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
I was told 1 year, 10,000 when I bought it. But equally, it looks like 20,000, 2 year in the setup in the car.

robtheplod

As far as I am aware all Seat Leons are on a 1yr 10,000 mile service interval, mine certainly is. If you call a dealer with your Reg or VIN they will confirm it.

that's odd then - why would the service indicator say otherwise?

robtheplod

This is quite strange - I'm still not 100% sure when the first service will be since others have come back saying it will be 10k?????

robtheplod

Quick Update, heard back from the SEAT dealership and my car is indeed set to 20k service or 2 years, whichever is earlier!!

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Just to add to this.

I took the finance and paid it off etc, etc to get the free servicing.

Got a letter from Seat to tell me all about the servicing and what it involves etc. It definitely tells me to go annually.

So regardless of what the car says, I will be getting my free services annually!

Andy:D

Snarks

May 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
Just to add to this.

Got a letter from Seat to tell me all about the servicing and what it involves etc. It definitely tells me to go annually.

So regardless of what the car says, I will be getting my free services annually!

Unfortunately for some of us, 20000 miles is annually.

Note the free servicing stops at 30000 miles so for people doing higher mileages, it makes sense to get 3 free services at 10K intervals rather than only getting one free service at 20K.

Rikwaite

Just to add to this.

Hi Andy

I defo have 3 yrs servicing I got a letter giving a break down on what's included in the 3 yrs servicing contract. ( oil, filters etc ). I sure they said 1yr or 10,000 miles.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
When I bought mine the saleswoman was not sure, so we spoke to the service manger, he said he wasn't sure, either 12 months or variable he said, then he typed vin number into computer and said its saying variable and it will tell u on the cars info screen and its down to the cars ecu and how you drive, but should be around mid 2015 before it needs one, but the info screen in the car will let you know.

Mine is a diesel dsg by the way.I'm guessing if your car is doing a lot of regens it will be shorter as the fuel getting into the oil will shorten the life of the longlife oil so it will bring the service reminder on earlier

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I find it hilarious that these dealers are selling cars and they don't even know what the service interval is. Do they not get any kind of briefing documents from Seat?!

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
I find it hilarious that these dealers are selling cars and they don't even know what the service interval is. Do they not get any kind of briefing documents from Seat?!

Seems to be par of the course these days. Most salesman don't know what they are selling and easily become confused between the different models. SEAT UK themselves aren't much help either and too give false information, as they are merely middlemen between the franchised dealers and SEAT themselves.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.