What did you and your MK2 do today?

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Found out my car can read text messages to me. Didn't do it with my last phone but now i have a new windows jobby. However, the missus thought she would spoil my fun and send me 'hi' 20 times whilst i was out in the car..!!!!

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
Today I looked on the forum :happy:.

IMG_3265_1024.jpg

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Picked my car from dealers after having wheels powdercoated now need black grill and windmirror caps and lowering springs

6apa2a4a.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Love the speed blue and black combo. One of my favourites for sure.
Now just the mirror caps :) personal pref

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Love the speed blue and black combo. One of my favourites for sure.
Now just the mirror caps :) personal pref

Yeah just going order a new set mirror caps get them sprayed and then see if they still do a black grill get one them ordered and some lowering springs not sure which ones yet thou

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Yeah just going order a new set mirror caps get them sprayed and then see if they still do a black grill get one them ordered and some lowering springs not sure which ones yet thou

Good call

I think the norm is just to go for Eibach sportlines. If you think they're too harsh....just sell them on. Always in demand

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Found out my car can read text messages to me. Didn't do it with my last phone but now i have a new windows jobby. However, the missus thought she would spoil my fun and send me 'hi' 20 times whilst i was out in the car..!!!!

Hows that done, I've got a windys phone :confused:

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Took out insurance with Admiral £848 with all mods declared, with mods replaced aslong as OEM which is all good :D

I also took out insurance today £679 with GreenLight insurance for my LCR mods declared only APR stage 1 map with 6 years protected NCB. No extra cost when I put induction, exhaust, coilover, etc etc, the price will only go up when I get the stage 2 map on which I think is a good deal.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
I also took out insurance today £679 with GreenLight insurance for my LCR mods declared only APR stage 1 map with 6 years protected NCB. No extra cost when I put induction, exhaust, coilover, etc etc, the price will only go up when I get the stage 2 map on which I think is a good deal.

I wasn't brave enough to declare the mods on my cordoba and don't really see why you should be charged more for putting 2 ltr 16 valve cordoba brakes on. so 280 mm instead of 256 mm stoppers and it's all vw/seat stuff so com se com sa.

Ps does it make much off a difference? Do they like remaps? How do find out because I got the impression that if you even asked for a quote for a car with a mod that they put the car and mod in a data base and if you number comes up in the future they try and use it against you.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
I wasn't brave enough to declare the mods on my cordoba and don't really see why you should be charged more for putting 2 ltr 16 valve cordoba brakes on. so 280 mm instead of 256 mm stoppers and it's all vw/seat stuff so com se com sa.

Ps does it make much off a difference? Do they like remaps? How do find out because I got the impression that if you even asked for a quote for a car with a mod that they put the car and mod in a data base and if you number comes up in the future they try and use it against you.

Well the cheapest quote I got for the standard car was £506 off comparethemarket.com so £173 more for declaring the remap. I rang Greenlight and sky insurance companies (I had read about both of them on here some where) when they asked any modifications just tell them. With the policy I have taken there is no extra costs for any other mods until I get a stage 2 map on, so exhaust, induction kit, coilovers and anything else that does affected the power a lot.
And with Sky and Greenlight you get an extra discount for being a forum member.
It's worth giving them a call next time your insurance needs renewing, I was surprised how cheap there quote.

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Well the cheapest quote I got for the standard car was £506 off comparethemarket.com so £173 more for declaring the remap. I rang Greenlight and sky insurance companies (I had read about both of them on here some where) when they asked any modifications just tell them. With the policy I have taken there is no extra costs for any other mods until I get a stage 2 map on, so exhaust, induction kit, coilovers and anything else that does affected the power a lot.
And with Sky and Greenlight you get an extra discount for being a forum member.
It's worth giving them a call next time your insurance needs renewing, I was surprised how cheap there quote.

That's good to no about the being forum member discount as my insurance is she in 2 months.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Got over 400 miles out of a tank of fuel before the fuel light came on. Not to shabby for a 370bhp engine lol. That's sitting at 75mph most of the way down to London with the odd blast to 90 to get past some traffic.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
That's good to no about the being forum member discount as my insurance is she in 2 months.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Sky insurance told me that they did a 20% discount for forum members, Greenlight insurance just said they do a forum discount they never said what % it was but they were cheaper in the end.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
No idea mate. Just hooked it up via Bluetooth as i normally do and it started reading texts. Might have something to do with the phone, I've got a Nokia 920.

Same here. I'll have to give it a go, pretty sure it doesn't do it in Passat, but its usually my work blueberry connected to that.
On another note snow foamed , rinsed, foamed again, rinse, sponge and buckets then rinse then leather. Phew! Just need gf to do inside........

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Same here. I'll have to give it a go, pretty sure it doesn't do it in Passat, but its usually my work blueberry connected to that.
On another note snow foamed , rinsed, foamed again, rinse, sponge and buckets then rinse then leather. Phew! Just need gf to do inside........

I want your car.
So bad lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.