Leon Brake wear sensor mod

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Dont know if this will help anyone.

I have found a new way to turn off the brake wear warning light after replaceing the front brake pads on the Leon Cupra R fitted with Brembo caliper's.
The most common way is to cut the plug off the pad and then join the 2 wires together to make a circuit when pluged back in.
But if you no longer have the pads with the plug on you can use one of these
29032009051.jpg

It is just the right size to join the 2 prong's inside the socket (car side) just push the connecter onto the prong's and then simple wrap the socket in black insulation tape so that water and grit does'nt get in.
This should only take 5 minutes to do plus removeing and refitting the wheel.
Job done :D and no more bleeping or warning light.

Thanks EL for being my Guinea Pig :whistle:

Tonybeau

Would self amalgamating tape be better than electrical tape for this?

richy850

want to do this on the misses car .

am i write in saying that u just cut the plug of the pad side and just join the 2 wires together ?

richy850

ok many thanks will get it sorted ... i take it its the wires that go into the car ?

Shooter0073

Hi guys
Done the brake mod earlier, works a treat, slightly different cut the wires next to old Pad unclipped connector of the car cut wires to an inch long and soldered together then slid heat shrink over the top to keep water out, plugged back onto car in case I get some pads later with wear indicators so I can plug in as normal.

Big help guys thanks

Shooter0073

Hi bud I see your car is pushing 290 mine standard, what's the best way to go about tuning, I've just got rid of 330 bhp evo missing the power a little lol" help"
Regards Chris

Shooter0073

A lot of pads come without sensor, and also they can be very temperamental, for the sake of bending down sticking ya finger on the pad through ya wheel it saves have that bloody light on the dash and it beeping every time ya turn ya car on lol

Shooter0073

Hi lee69 looking at tuning my standard lcr, any advice
Regards Chris