What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Why and how??

Long life servicing is for cars that do higher mileage (over 10k). You get it serviced every 20k miles or a year, whichever is first.

Some people say its no good for the car etc etc.

Some cars are set to long life from factory, some aren't. Apparently cars that can go on long life have different codes or something. If you ring SEAT UK they'll be able to tell you. Mine was long life from factory and the previous owner switched it in July last year to standard servicing, but the lady said I can have it put back to long life.

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Bet they'r still wash it!
Better not be, going to collect it in a min.
Long life servicing is for cars that do higher mileage (over 10k). You get it serviced every 20k miles or a year, whichever is first.

Some people say its no good for the car etc etc.

Some cars are set to long life from factory, some aren't. Apparently cars that can go on long life have different codes or something. If you ring SEAT UK they'll be able to tell you. Mine was long life from factory and the previous owner switched it in July last year to standard servicing, but the lady said I can have it put back to long life.

Ahhhh right, yeah I'm only doing like 5 to 7k miles a year

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Well arrived at seat after getting a text to collect my car, told they forgot to do the file filter so have to wait another 20mins. At least they didn't wash it!

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Long life servicing only works if your not doing a lot of short journeys. Like if you only live 3-5 miles from work or just pop to the shops a couple of miles away. The long life oil will need changed just as frequently as the standard oil if this is your driving/journey characteristics. One thing that I noticed for my audi 1.8t is that the long life oil recommended for it is recommended for ordinary usage for the likes of the s3 and bi turbo rs4.

Last edited:

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Mines back on the road again and better than ever :D

new timing chain and a few other related parts got changed, and its driving like a brand new car! amazed at the difference

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Unfortunately it would seem that this little guy got stuck between the bottom of the bumper and the splitter :(
epujy9ep.jpg

Deleted member 74601

Jeez. If I did that many I would do it my self and save some $$$. If you sell it with loads of miles on I don't think the trade in value would change much with a dealer service history.

I have started doing it myself now I'm out of warranty :D

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Yea back to standard. The vwr ones were totally overkill for me tbh. I don't drive the car that hard to get full use out of them lol. The standard ones are bloody good as is.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Overkill?

Ive got 4 pots with 370mm 2 piece discs on a daily car haha, but it does get driven hard alot round here in MK