Convenience pack - CH and LH lights

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
I'm due to take delivery of my Leon SE sometime next month.

I've ordered the convenience back and have a quick question.

I remember reading somewhere that the CH lights have to be activated by flashing the lights before taking the key out the ignition.

Is this the case or is it like a golf where if its dark enough the CH lights stay on for the designated amount of time?

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
Yeah I've read the manual and from what I can gather you can change the time and turn them on and off at the options screen and it mentions that LH lights are automatic if dark enough but I don't remember seeing anything about the CH lights.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
“Coming home” Necessary operations

To switch system on:
– Switch off the ignition.
– Briefly flash the headlights for approximately one second

The “Coming home” lighting comes on when the driver door is opened. The delay in switching off the headlights is counted from when the last door or rear lid is closed.
The system switches off:
– Automatically at the end of the delay period.
– Automatically, if 30 seconds after coming on, a vehicle door or the rear lid remains open.
– If the light switch is turned to position 0.
– If the ignition is switched on.

“Leaving home” Necessary operations

To switch system on:
– Unlock the vehicle when the light switch is in position AUTO and the photo sensor detects darkness.

The system switches off:
– Automatically, at the end of the delay period. – When the vehicle is locked.
– When the light switch is turned to position 0. – When the ignition is switched on.

Last edited:

derelyth

Jun 11, 2011
Portsmouth
I think they're in the manual - I just looked in every menu I could find to familiarise myself with the system and came across it.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I think it is automatic if you have the convenience pack but manual ie, you pull on the stalk if you don't.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I'm still waiting delivery of mine with the pack but in the brochure it says:

Convenience Pack: Includes rain-sensing wipers, light sensor (with automatic coming and leaving home function) and auto-dimming rear view mirror

Hopefully someone with it can confirm :)

TIMBUCK2

I've got the convenience pack on my FR - the CH/LH lights function operate as per ZBOYD's post (#4) above, which is an extract from the manual.

Basically the LH function is automatic, provided that the light switch is selected to 'Auto', but the CH function is manual and you need to flash the headlights for 1 sec to activate it. The light on durations are configurable via the Easy Connect system on the dash ('CAR' button).

Not sure why there's a mix of Auto & Manual for the two functions, it does seem a bit odd !

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
I think it is automatic if you have the convenience pack but manual ie, you pull on the stalk if you don't.

Probably right - I have the Conv pack and did nothing other than setting the length of time for them to stay on for and ensuring that the lights are set to auto. No brief light flash required.

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
I've got the convenience pack on my FR - the CH/LH lights function operate as per ZBOYD's post (#4) above, which is an extract from the manual.

Basically the LH function is automatic, provided that the light switch is selected to 'Auto', but the CH function is manual and you need to flash the headlights for 1 sec to activate it. The light on durations are configurable via the Easy Connect system on the dash ('CAR' button).

Not sure why there's a mix of Auto & Manual for the two functions, it does seem a bit odd !

Probably right - I have the Conv pack and did nothing other than setting the length of time for them to stay on for and ensuring that the lights are set to auto. No brief light flash required.

Hmmmm still seems to be contradicting information.

Mydogfred

Jun 20, 2013
Mine automatically come on for 30 seconds when I lock the car and likewise when I unlock the car (they come on). I don't have to flash the lights first.

gareth86

Oct 9, 2010
Kent
Hmm mine has the convenience pack and I know there's an option for them in the car setup menu but I haven't tried them at all. Might have a look tonight

grant5745

Jan 1, 2013
Glasgow
Mine automatically come on for 30 seconds when I lock the car and likewise when I unlock the car (they come on). I don't have to flash the lights first.

I have the convenience pack on my SE. If the light switch is on AUTO and its dark, the lights come on when I unlock the car and stay on for 30 secs (time can be altered in the setup menu) after I get out and lock the car...no light flashing needed

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Just a thought (because I don't yet have a car to mess with) :)

Could it be that the flash method is required when the lights are not set to AUTO?

or alternatively

The CH LH feature is on the car as standard even without the convenience pack being fitted? So the flash method is required when no light sensor is fitted (ie as part of the convenience pack?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.