Leon flip Key guide

nathan_20vt

Mar 30, 2013
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
I've only got one key and fancy a flip key. Are people buying the new aftermarket keys or used genuine keys? Also would a 3 button work for undoing just the boot? Got a 2003 lc

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
i've never used a genuine remote. 3D Group don't sell them, neither do Advanced keys. They all sell aftermarket keys which i first used about 2.5yrs ago & never had a problem with them or remotes that come from overseas.

Genuine VAG keys are a rip off & i don't see the point in paying more for something that does exactly the same job, looks the same & comes with same 12 months guarantee.

In 2.5 years i've used 2 genuine VAG remotes that were ordered through the dealer as they were pre-coded & i didn't have the equipment to do that at the time

nathan_20vt

Mar 30, 2013
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
that Ebay remote isn't compatible with your car. Your car uses same remote as a 2002-04 Golf. The 1 you've mentioned is for 1998-01.

I personally think you're better off getting just 1 person to supply the remote & do all the job. If you buy a remote from someone else then whoever programs it isn't going to give you any warranty on that remote. So if the remote goes faulty, they come to test it then they'll tell you to take it up with whoever you bought it from then charge you for coming out as the fault isn't theirs.

If you get 1 person to do the full job then you're fully covered. They'll be able to cut it, read the SKC & program it all at the same time

sponger

Nov 14, 2013
Reading
Shopped around re: getting my car to accept the new transponders - and ended up going to a SEAT dealership! Oxford wanted £72 + VAT per key (!!!), whereas Emmer Green said they would do both keys for £20.40 (incl VAT) - and I had a really enjoyable visit (including a test drive). So a big 'thumbs up' for Emmer Green.

Hope this helps!

Wow, glad I persevered through the whole of this thread, Emmer Green is my local dealer, popping up there tomorrow to get my new keys transponder programmed, huge thanks for this info, expected all dealers to be astronomical prices!

Tried a branch of Timpsons today but they were far from helpful sadly, said that they would only do a key that they had supplied.

Will report back if my trip is successful....

Jul 12, 2013
RETFORD
A seat dealer coding two keys for 20quid?! WOW
If they cant, im on the M4 on friday, feel free to get in touch.

Im being told the main dealers will soon not be allowed to work on customers own supplied parts.

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
i'm down near Reading at some point over the next few weeks. Do you need somebody to supply a key/remote as well?

i'm doing these for mk1 Leon & various other VAG

rb524134_a.jpg

Last edited:

sponger

Nov 14, 2013
Reading
Cheers gents, will bear that in mind and get in touch if I get no joy.

Already have a blank 2 button remote/flip key complete with un-programmed transponder, just need to get it programmed, sadly the car didn't come with the tag with the SKC code on it :(

Jul 12, 2013
RETFORD
I've found someone local to me who can program a key for me but I really want that bentley style key. Can't see any on ebay, how much for just a key, if that's possible
You have contacted me previously and i have given these prices to you, as has craig. I think you also contacted me on ebay.

they are available on ebay.

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
The above key would cost you 70quid cut and programmed when local, skc retrieval is not an issue.

at least do it for the same price as me, seeing as though you wouldn't be doing keys if it wasn't for me & the fact i've given you god knows how much advice etc since you decided to start doing them after i did your A3 key.

Especially as you've decided to do it on the forums i was already on doing keys

Jul 12, 2013
RETFORD
at least do it for the same price as me, seeing as though you wouldn't be doing keys if it wasn't for me & the fact i've given you god knows how much advice etc since you decided to start doing them after i did your A3 key.

Especially as you've decided to do it on the forums i was already on doing keys

What do you charge?

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
Don't take the piss! I've helped you loads & the thanks I get is you undercutting me then still phoning/texting for more help & advice every other week. I'm sick to death of people asking me for advice on setting up on there own just so they can be competition.

I don't mind competition. I get plenty of work. Have got equivalent of 2 A levels in Auto Locksmithing but I'm not helping anyone anymore just so they can undercut me to go for same jobs as me

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise