t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

Fry over black or high power silver wheel refurb?

• Fry over black wheel colour

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • High power silver wheel colour

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Plan for the weekend and near future..

Got a rear washer jet leak on the car at the moment which needs sorting, so I'll be doing that before I sell off my LEON boot tray to Keith this weekend as it's currently catching the leaking water being plastic it's good at this..

Also got to get either the cv joint or track rod end looked at and sorted as I think something underneath the car has gone. Got some weird noises and a 'clunk' every so often when driving.

Still need to get my leather door cards fitted and my resistors wired in for my LED rear lights to stop the brake light fault throwing up. I've had both of these jobs to do for months but had a busy summer and my new job has meant even less time for the car. I'll get these things done though and get it along to the rr day and maybe show & glow at bluewater in the coming months.

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Been a little while since I stuck an update in here, mainly because there hasn't been any! And the planned work hasn't happened as I've been busy lately. Done a grand total of 6 miles in almost two months so at least the miles are staying down on it..

However.... finally the car is off to my mates on Wednesday and I have a long list of things that need doing to get it back to good health, plus a couple of bits fitted I've had laying around for a while. I've asked him to keep it as long as he needs to get everything done plus anything else he finds.

One thing I think will need doing pretty soon is a new set of tyres. I'll probably go for a full set of Toyo T1 Sports as I've always loved Toyo's and do naff all miles now so they should last for ages despite being a softer compound than some other brands.

:)

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Thought you had lost the enthusiasm for it mate as you hadn't posted for a while,Was worried you might be selling up as a lot of people seem to be at the moment !,Good to see your getting a few jobs done wish i could keep my mileage down like you.

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Thought you had lost the enthusiasm for it mate as you hadn't posted for a while,Was worried you might be selling up as a lot of people seem to be at the moment !,Good to see your getting a few jobs done wish i could keep my mileage down like you.

I think you always lose enthusiasm when they're not running right mate, but I still love it. Just need to get it sorted and I'll pick up the keys again and go for some drives.

I'm not selling mine anytime soon. I want to do some more track time at Brands next year and really enjoy the car. Don't want to be one of these people that finishes the project then just sells up. Everyone has their reasons, but some people's I've not understood this past year tbh :confused:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Dropped the car at my mates tonight :)

Boy I miss driving it! Hopefully the checks will highlight some issues which we think are on the car, plus with the other jobs already planned it should be a productive week or two for it. I'm at the point now where the car has all the mods I want, I just want it running 100% whatever the cost.

I think eventually I may get an engine re-build with the rods done and do something turbo wise but we'll see.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Dropped the car at my mates tonight :)

Boy I miss driving it! Hopefully the checks will highlight some issues which we think are on the car, plus with the other jobs already planned it should be a productive week or two for it. I'm at the point now where the car has all the mods I want, I just want it running 100% whatever the cost.

I think eventually I may get an engine re-build with the rods done and do something turbo wise but we'll see.

At last (come around to my thinking)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
At last (come around to my thinking)

Lol. I'm not sure what I'd go for yet though, I've always thought there's no point going way past 3-350bhp through the front wheels - yes the diff helps but it won't keep it from spinning up if you go much further up the bhp ladder IMO. Maybe just a GT2871 or something, aim for around 350-60bhp with similar torque on a re-build.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
That is the kit I have for mine once the engine is built, then once I eventually 4wd it I can go silly big tubby and pant wettingly quick

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
That is the kit I have for mine once the engine is built, then once I eventually 4wd it I can go silly big tubby and pant wettingly quick

Haha that'll be a sweet Leon if you do eventually get it done mate.

350/360 will do me nicely.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Been a little while since I've updated and this isn't a good one sadly.. only thing to report is a small incident on the road on new years eve I got squeezed over too close to the base concrete of a bollard where people cross the road by some old banged out Ford Galaxy, and to cut to the chase, the car now has one ruined Speedline Turini... :( It's a fair old deep scuff and caught the tyre slightly too.

If I didn't move the Galaxy would have been rubbing the whole passenger side of the car. I'm lost for words with the drivers around these days, but what can you do about them!?

Anyway, I spoke to Rimstyle today who can get me another Turini no problem. Good thing is the wheel isn't too damaged so I can still drive the car for now, but it was quite a bang so I want the front drivers side checked out just to be sure.

It's tyre time now too so I wasn't too annoyed about the slight tear from the incident luckily. They need doing. It's going to be a choice between Toyo T1 Sports (which replaced my T1-R proxes), the Vred Ultrac Sessanta's or possibly Goodyear Eagle F1's.

I've spoken to DK about the Vreds and another person about the Goodyear's. I know all about Toyo's as it's what I've run for years, but the compound is generally softer than the other two so I'm just debating a change to something which will wear slower but not lose anything in performance.

Will probably order the tyres and new Turini towards the end of the month and do it in one hit.

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
Can I thrown Michelin Pilot Sport 3's into the mix as far as tyres are concerned? I reckon they beat F1's especially in the wet... They certainly seem to last much longer too. I've just ordered a couple at £125 a corner fitted, from the AA tyre site (run by national tyres) which is one of the best prices around for them (can pick em up for £110 delivered from camskill/blackcircles if you know someone who will fit em cheap, but most places I've asked in the past charge about 15 quid to fit anyway)

katexxx

Hello tOm,
I would like to ask you what car suspension have you got? And how mm these springs have got in front and at the back of your car. I mean springs Eibach sportline. Have you got this one? :)

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Could of been so much worse Tom. Visual awareness of some drivers is just terrible. Hopefully you won't find yourself out of pocket too much. Spring's not too far away....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.