My LCR Since '05 with Static+ Front Air Lift - Project Gone to a New Home.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Cracking car mate, great build thread!

Where in Norfolk are you? If your not to far from me do you fancy running my injectors through your ultrasonic cleaner for some beer tokens? Would love a look at your motor to.

How's parenthood? Our little girl was born feb 13 at same weight as yours, it's an eye opener hey! :D

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Cracking car.
Your attention to detail:clap::clap::thumbup::thumbup:

what a RR very nice car buddy

Thanks. It needs some TLC come the spring. It's amazing how dirty it gets by just sitting there... Not to mention its desperate for a full respray.

Nicer in the flesh, very clean and very tidy. But since I'm getting his 4 pots and being a close friend lol I might be biased

Anything for some brakes hey :) hope you had a good New Years Eve buddy :)

I think I like the Brembo's in there raw state!

Luke

They'll be sexual in red [B)]

Cracking car mate, great build thread!

Where in Norfolk are you? If your not to far from me do you fancy running my injectors through your ultrasonic cleaner for some beer tokens? Would love a look at your motor to.

How's parenthood? Our little girl was born feb 13 at same weight as yours, it's an eye opener hey! :D

Hey Adam, thanks for the comments. I'm due to be away with work for the next few weeks but if you pm me your address, I'd be happy to post the machine to you and once you're done, just post it back. I'm sure we'll bump into each other at some shows and you can buy me an overpriced drink :) I live in Marham, in between Swaffam and Downham Market BTW. Let me know buddy :)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Very kind of you mate! I thought they would be very expensive then I looked on eBay and saw some for 25-30 is that all they cost? If it is I might get one as me and friends are always tinkering about with motors so would easily pay for itself.

These are the ones I found, do they look like they would be ok?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300895065036?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Or this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230924497084?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

What kind of liquid do you use? They say water but I'm guessing that's just for coins and stuff? I was thinking it would use something like IPA for injectors?

Or have I got it completely wrong and there not the correct ones? :cartman:

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
The first one is pretty much the same one as I have. I got mine from Maplins for not too much less than that. I can check the name of the liquid that you need - regardless of what items you use, this product is what's recommended - it's about £5. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Cool mate :) I'll see if Gary wants to go too. Can all head down in the family wagon from Notts if you fancy it, whilst Janey and William will be at my folks.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Ok cool, thanks very much for your help.

Ultrasonic cleaning solution - James sea clean concentrate @ www.jpl.uk.com but I got mine off eBay.

On another note, be sure to do you FPR too - I was amazed by how much crap came out of that. I did 3 to 4 cycles on both the injectors and FPR to make sure that they were as clean as possible. Hope this helps & the offer still stands should you fall short in buying one.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Forge Super Size Recirculation Valve

Purchased this off James L for the future :whistle:

null_zpsf9e9581c.jpg

Problem is, in typical 'me' fashion, once polished up and boxed away, it probably won't see the light of day for 2-3 years... :rolleyes:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good buy mate. Any ideas of the setup you'd like in the future with your car then?

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Good buy mate. Any ideas of the setup you'd like in the future with your car then?

Dare I dream Tom... What will happen at some point is a stroked engine and a suitable tubby. James L's is my gold standard. But so much needs to happen before the engine can get looked at. It might be a tough year ahead as there will be some redundancies at work this year so we're saving as much as we can just in case. If I remain in my job, I'll let my purse strings go a bit - however you feel guilty knowing you're burning money on a hobby like ours when you have a family... :rolleyes:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members