Cupra R Hose Diagram

Dave_Cupra88

Jan 30, 2012
Hi,

Is there a diagram/useful document for identifying which hose is which on the Cupra R? I'm looking at getting some additional forge silicone hoses, but I'm not entirely sure on the ones I'm going to get, as I don't know where they go :).

Cheers,

Dave.

CooptoCupra

Mar 2, 2013
Leicestershire
Good idea, a diagram of which hoses are what from the more knowledgeable people on here would be great.
Would help me learn more for definite.

Last edited:

PSX

Sep 20, 2009
BAM or AMK?

AMK_BAM_2.JPG

The tubes leading into the intercooler (#22) are the hard charge pipe and wide rubber hose off that.

Two outlets from the top of the charge pipe - one to the diverter valve (#6) - the other to the N75 (#9)

#10 - MAF sensor. #11 - Airbox
#12 - 'Hockey puck' valve (other end vents to TIP which connects to airbox).
#18 - PCV valve which allows oil vapours back into the intake when throttle is open. Otherwise, vacuum from inlet keeps it shut.

The odd arrangement #19 and #20 in the boxout is normally bolted on TOP of the engine and I think includes the N249 vacuum box. That's probably #20, because its other end links back to the DV #6.

All of the above from memory so anyone correct me if wrong..

Hope this helps

Alex

P.S. it is the pipework between #12 and #18 (including the one way valve inside the #18 T-piece), located from hockey puck down to beneath the inlet manifold, that tends to turn to chocolate, and the right-angle bend hard plastic pipe coming up from the sump is fragile too. If you work with these pipes, expect them all to break, and replace most of them. The piece that connects into the crankcase at the top and also the hockey puck can be bought as one 'Y-shaped' section, a silicone part.

Last edited:

Dave_Cupra88

Jan 30, 2012
Thanks guys.

PSX - it's for the BAM engine. Have you got a copy of the same diagram but with the key, like the AUQ version Alexis posted?

Cheers,

Dave.

PSX

Sep 20, 2009
Haha, I thought that question might be coming.. using a combination of borrowing from the AUQ diagram and the depths of my memory I will try to type that up.. For exact part numbers, David at SERE Motors is your best bet (NI SEAT dealer).

AMK_BAM_2.JPG

1. Vent from fuel tank
2. Charcoal filter
3. Non-return valve
4. Turbocharger (K04)
5. Charge pressure control valve (wastegate?)
6. Diverter valve
7. Brake servo
8. Non-return valve
9. N75
10. MAF (Mass air flow) sensor
11. Airbox
12. 'Hockey puck' PCV valve
13. Vacuum reservoir
14. Intercooler (passenger side)
15. Fuel pressure regulator
16. Throttle body butterfly valve
17. Intake manifold
18. One way valve (fits into T-piece)
19. One way valve
20. N249 valve
21. Non-return valve
22. Intercooler (drivers side)

Hope this helps

Alex

Dave_Cupra88

Jan 30, 2012
Spot on PSX, thanks for that.

I'm still unclear on a couple of options available on the forge site e.g.

Turbo intake breather hose
Servo Hose
Cam Cover Breather Hose - there seem to be two that come up when searching for Cupra R
Ancillary Silicone Boost Hoses

Basically most of what is listed on
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?cat=190202&catalog=190202SILH&inc=product

Would all of these come with pictures/be easy enough to identify when looking in the engine bay? Are any worth replacing more than others? I've already got a Forge TIP, but was looking to swap that with a B5 V3.

Cheers,

Dave.

PSX

Sep 20, 2009
I see your predicament. FM225CCH fits right into the cam cover on the right hand side, near #15. It gets weak but mine hadn't torn.

FM225TBH the turbo intake breather - I'm trying to gauge this from its shape but I think it might connect the bottom end of the PCV hockey puck down into the TIP. Best to confirm that. Again, it gets soft, mine was very gummy and rough inside, wouldn't hold its shape, but not clogged completely. It won't tear so only spend the £20 if you don't fancy cleaning up a rough bit of rubber and would rather chuck it in the bin.

FM225AH are the two pipes leading off the charge pipe to the DV and N75 I mentioned in my earlier post - these carry pressure and the charge pipe is very hot, so they are liable to split and give you a little whistling in the engine bay. Worth a go on those ones.

Besides this, the 'Y' section leading up from part 18 towards the hockey puck is what I had to replace because it was all chocolatey and broke in two places when I interfered with it. But this is a bit of a bugger to get to for breaking off VW clips because it's underneath the inlet manifold and the dipstick tube gets in the way. Remove the inlet manifold if you want to save your patience and your knuckles. I couldn't find a Forge part for this, so I went for a Creations motorsport one on Ebay, which was decent value and a reasonable fit.

All you need to bear in mind is that the breather pipes can be fragile, so the interference of replacing one may break others and it's not something that can be gaffer taped due to heat and oil.

Alex

Dave_Cupra88

Jan 30, 2012
hoses_zps11749bf1.png

What are these two (red arrows) hoses? I wanted to get some new ones, but don't know which to choose from on the forge site.

Thanks for the pic Rsmith :)

lightup

May 27, 2019
Is it not the throttle body vacuum pipe? I need to buy one but no idea where from or what it's called.
yes it is. its connected to the resevoir in front off to the coolant bottle.(evap system) you can see the blue line running back to the window.

i had it running like this untill i deleted the evap.

IMG-20190810-162304.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.