My LCR Since '05 with Static+ Front Air Lift - Project Gone to a New Home.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Hope you're not affected by any possible redundancies mate. I've been through it before after 5 years at a place and it's not a pleasant time to be in.

I'm sure you'll still get some other parts to work on over the coming months with immense detail as always which we can have a look at!

On the engine setup - James L's took some beating! Certainly not cheap though.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Purchased this off James L for the future :whistle:

null_zpsf9e9581c.jpg

Problem is, in typical 'me' fashion, once polished up and boxed away, it probably won't see the light of day for 2-3 years... :rolleyes:

nice to see it made it in one piece mate. Was really worried the nipple might snap off but glad you've got it.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
nice to see it made it in one piece mate. Was really worried the nipple might snap off but glad you've got it.

It travelled just fine thanks James. Hope the saving is going well for the new car? Please keep us updated with what route you do take; whether that be with a Porsche or not :)

Did a test with mixing the 2:1 2k base coat the other day. Sprayed really well with the Devilbiss using a 1.4 nozzle so hopefully the 6 pot calipers will be painted next week (I have a week's Annual Leave booked). Also, I've bought some 105mm and 90mm Brembo decals for them - wasn't sure on sizes and there wasn't much written on the net so I thought I'd see which looks best... Might be a decent update to follow soon then... :D

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Brembo 18Z 6 Pots are being painted at long last!!!

Hi All,

My Annual Leave started today so with the wife at work and the little one in nursery I finally had some time in the man cave :D

I stripped these back to metal a while ago and primed them. Looking at them this morning, I decided to flatten those final imperfections out...

FEA3C6C5-9472-453E-B2B5-12F404C83083_zpsvjvblu8m.jpg

69E8886B-95A7-4188-88DB-EBE88F0BE891_zpsejr9biiw.jpg

2DCD232A-710A-4B7B-8490-C0329EBAB35D_zpsxyeosnbn.jpg

I then roughed them up with a scouring pad to ensure good adhesion. Now, this is the first time that I've used 2K paint and my spray equipment in anger. The tests last weekend went really well, with the paint drying as it should using a 2:1 ratio.

Paint going on...

C7ED7627-D1D8-4E6F-BE40-A6330DEDFDE4_zpsgmajfub7.jpg

10C953C7-63C7-48A8-BBAD-626E5883C847_zpssjc6l8hw.jpg

I had a bit of a play with the spray pattern as I went along, starting with very little leaving the gun and gradually increasing the paint spray as my confidence grew. Not a run in sight [B)]

8E04CA66-6AB0-44AD-A777-7F4A227F4D71_zpsbtle1g4d.jpg

0EB3EBAA-ADC2-454B-A0F2-1D1A64638BF4_zpsqmeyayk6.jpg

I've sprayed the tops and will do the underside on Monday as I ran out of time today. I'll probably go for a couple of coats to ensure a nice bright red before placing on the decals and clear coating them. I received my Brembo stickers today in 90mm and 105mm sizes. I think the 105mm ones are a little bulky for them so I'll most probably go with the 90mm ones, but that might change.

By the end of next week they'll be painted and rebuilt using new genuine Brembo parts. It's nice to be working on something car related again :thumbup:

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
ive just used 105 on my fronts and 80 on the rear.

tbh i thought they 105 looked small on the 6 pots

Thanks for the picture. They look about right on yours, but I think the B is a little too big for my liking (in white) but I'll have a play; maybe use the 90mm B? We'll see...

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Sunilbass,

What brake pads are you going to use up front?

Are you running Porsche 4 pots on the rears? I've read that the master cylinder doesn't havea big enough capacity to cope with such, giving a spongy feel on the pedal? Is the case with yours? I'm going to use 312mm discs on the rears using the original calipers - just need to make the spacer plates on a CNC machine using 6mm forged steel.

Have you got a RR Thread?

James :)

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Looking good mate, dropping parents off at the airport Tuesday night so if you've the week off would it be cool to pop down see how your doing?

Cheers buddy. Yeah mate, when do you want to pop over? I have plans on Tuesday and loose plans Wednesday but largely free. Just let us know mate :)

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
Well I finish work Tuesday drop parent off Tuesday/Wednesday and then I'm off till Sunday, so if it's ok say Friday stay the night and head back Saturday (probably pushing my luck lol)

sunilbass

Jan 12, 2007
lesta
Sunilbass,

What brake pads are you going to use up front?

Are you running Porsche 4 pots on the rears? I've read that the master cylinder doesn't havea big enough capacity to cope with such, giving a spongy feel on the pedal? Is the case with yours? I'm going to use 312mm discs on the rears using the original calipers - just need to make the spacer plates on a CNC machine using 6mm forged steel.

Have you got a RR Thread?

James :)

i got some pads when i bought the calipers with have loads of meat on them so they will do for now.. well the people i spoke to and read up, yes it will have more pedal travel compared to stock but the brakes will be progressive as even the 4 pots have staggered pistons too so actual surface area, it is only slightly bigger overall.

yea i going for 312mm on the rears too, no one has made brackets for the set up im going for so i have got an axle to mock everything. since i have to also add a parking caliper too.

no rr thread, just the odd post on there or usual work goes on my fb page mate

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
i got some pads when i bought the calipers with have loads of meat on them so they will do for now.. well the people i spoke to and read up, yes it will have more pedal travel compared to stock but the brakes will be progressive as even the 4 pots have staggered pistons too so actual surface area, it is only slightly bigger overall.

yea i going for 312mm on the rears too, no one has made brackets for the set up im going for so i have got an axle to mock everything. since i have to also add a parking caliper too.

no rr thread, just the odd post on there or usual work goes on my fb page mate

There's not much for rears on our cars apart from ECS Tuning and Tarox set-ups. It'd be great to hear how you get on with the fitment of your brake set-up :)

sunilbass

Jan 12, 2007
lesta
There's not much for rears on our cars apart from ECS Tuning and Tarox set-ups. It'd be great to hear how you get on with the fitment of your brake set-up :)

yea theres not many thf.. there is compbrake and reyland too.. well i have a friend who makes a 300mm conversion for half the price since he uses a a4 disc and not a 2 piece lol

yea wont be any updates till april when i get back.. still have to mock everything and get the brackets made!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.