Ibiza Cupra mk3 Headlight

Scoobster

Scooby THE Scoobster
I have read a few old posts about headlights but found they are mostly not relating to the mk3 Ibiza Cupra and I want to get the correct info... Hence the post.

My passenger side dipped beam has blown.... The side/half lights both work fine (both sides)... As do the full beam on both sides. I therefore presume I have individual bulbs for each lighting stage?

This would indicate I need the H7 bulb to place the blown one....

2 further questions....

Firstly, is it prudent to replace the driver's side bulb at the same time? Therefore keeping light intensity equal on both sides?

Secondly, can bulbs such as the Osram Xenon Silverstar H7's be used as a direct swap? Or, would this require a proper HID wiring kit? I'm presuming the Xenon Upgrade bulbs are simple swap and just use a different inert gas.

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
you might have dual core bulbs and one filiment has gone, im not sure, havnt replaced any yet.

also bulbs dont wear out and go dull, just break, so no need to replace both.

dont know about the rest of the stuff.

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
yes some bulbs are a direct swap. Be careful tho depending on the cars wiring it might not allow 100 watt bulbs again depending which ones you fit. I have phillips ultra blue xenon gas 6000k bulbs which look really nice. usually H7s are direct replacements as i actual xenons are not H7 i think there summink else

Scoobster

Scooby THE Scoobster
The H7 Xenon's aren't true Xenon bulbs indeed... They are just Halogen bulbs with a small amount of Xenon included in the mixture, which intensifies the light emitted.

I was looking at getting the Osram Silverstar 50% H7 bulbs, or the Phillips Vision Plus 50% Xenon replacements... I would therefore do both bulbs at once, otherwise things would be uneven.
Both of those bulbs are 55W replacements, not looking to light the entire world with a 100W set.

Can anyone confirm that the 2001 Ibiza Cupra has H7 bulbs for the dipped beam and is a seperate bulb to the half-lights? I don't have my driver's car manual to hand.

Scoobster

Scooby THE Scoobster
And waste £300.... I don't think so, not simply to get some bright lights.

I'm looking to sell the car, that £300 would go towards Mods to whatever I buy next.

I'll stick with the Xenon H7 bulbs.. But thanks for the opinion.

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
And waste £300.... I don't think so, not simply to get some bright lights.

I'm looking to sell the car, that £300 would go towards Mods to whatever I buy next.

I'll stick with the Xenon H7 bulbs.. But thanks for the opinion.

LOL where are you getting £300 from they start from about £100 upwards and are a very good mod if your keeping the car plus they also help you see better in the dark so there not to be sniffed at :rolleyes:

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
£300??? What have you been smoking dude?? I got mine for £115 off of ebay. But i've been looking for another set for my old man and you can get them for as little as £70-80. All the kits look identical and most come with warranty. I've compared my cheap ebay version to the my brothers POLO GTI HID's(Xenons) and you wouldn't be able to tell they were hundreds cheaper just by looing at them.

I got the 8000k bulbs and they looks awesome sod having yellow lights again. ;)

MikeQ

Hi I know this might sounds stupid but could anybody recommend e.g. send me a link to replacement bulbs for the dipped headlights. I'm new to the sight so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.