DGJ's Leon Cupra TDI - Staggered Rims, AP Coilovers, 312mm Brakes, Milltek Turbo-Back

alcarp

Yeah I just went for normal fr top mounts. They are ordered and being deliveredMonday so ill put them in and see how they do. Not the worst job to change them if I need to. How are the cupra r ones different?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
I had my coils and top mounts fitted so not had to change them myself yet.

The Cupra R ones are a bit stiffer than standard but not as harsh as poly bushes, they do cost a little more than poly ones though.

ArmzFR150

Jan 15, 2014
East Sussex
Hi mate just read the whole thread and lovely looking car, am often in wrexham area as my parents live in Cefn Mawr.

i need to sort my front discs and pads out soon so was thinking of doing 312mm upgrade. Presume its just the caliper carriers from a larger setup and different discs and pads?

Also liking the darker wheels think it makes the car look meaner ;)

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Cheers mate, there's only a few around here and only 2 I know of on the forum.

Yeah the 312mm set up uses the same calipers, just need the carriers, discs and pads. It doesn't make a huge difference but they look nicer behind the wheels.

Cheers :D wasn't sure at first bit since the colours cured and darkened I really like them.

Have bought some 20mm spacers for the front just to fill out the arches a bit more, going to try dropping the front slightly more and maybe remove the adjusters from the rear to get my stance sorted. Also need to replace my catch can as it's a cheap eBay jobby and inlet/outlet are too close together to fit proper fuel pipes instead of the leaky silicone ones on there now.

ArmzFR150

Jan 15, 2014
East Sussex
I Havnt bothered with a catch can to be honest as it's a dirty diesel I've just bloked the pipe on the inlet with a bung and venting the crankcase breather to atmosphere out of a long hose down the back of the engine.

Still running standard power on yours? I've had mine remapped to 182bhp 420nm torque, got SFS hoses and allard EGR delete, and made up my own 1.8t pancake replacement as my standard one was leaking boost baaaadly!

Next time I'm in the area might give you a shout.

Also I think from what I've gathered some driveshaft setup a differ from others as I couldn't really lower mine much at all without the shaft rubbing through the boost pipe on the pancake.

I bought the full lower replacement pancake setup from SFS and it fitted with a bit of fettling but even at standard ride height the driveshaft touched the turbo outlet pipe once it was on the floor and wore a big hole in it within minutes :(.

Sfs said they had the problem before and certain ones have a larger shaft and it won't fit. They refunded me fully and I made my own using a 1.8t pipe similarly to how you did yours.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
I've thought about venting to atmosphere but don't want to drip oil on to the road, gonna look at the allard kit when I have a bit more money. Yeah it's standard power, want to do everything I can before going for a BT/hybrid or remap. I know if I go stage 1 I'll jist want more so want to save money by going straight to turbo upgrade.

I've heard of problems with those sfs pipes and I know the clips are poor as I had trouble with mine a while back. A jubilee clip around the standard clip seems to be doing the job though! Going for an egr delete once I know I'll be getting it mapped out.

Yeah let me know when you're about mate, would be good to see your mods. Got a lot of plans and not enough money to do mine at the moment!

ArmzFR150

Jan 15, 2014
East Sussex
I've also done away with the car and thinking of doing a backbox delete but then there's literally no silencing so somewhat worried there would be to much tractor noise lol

I'm happy with it at stage one to be honest as it's only my daily car. My fun car is a stripped out caged 306 GTi-6 with a rotrex supercharger conversion. 260bhp in about a tonne of car with 330mm 4 pot brembos. Makes the Leon seem slow whatever I do to it lol. Will be 400bhp soon ;)

Probably be up Wrexham way Easter bank holiday weekend.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Yeah I'm looking to do a decat but have read mixed comments regarding new mot regs. Will be looking to remove the backbox at some point but debating milltek system over cheap and cheerful! Go for it, it'll sound awesome and have that nice turbo sound ;)

Fair enough, this is my daily and my fun car in one so want to go as far as I can before changing injectors or internals. Sounds nice, I used to have a black 1.6xs lowered on oz wheels with powerflex exhaust. Got a discount on the exhaust as a mate worked at demon tweets at the time. Bet your GTi-6 flies though!

Cool mate, keep me informed on here and we can try and meet up!

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Haha not until I get an S4 or Mk1/2 Golf GTi, I like the Leon as it is and like surprising people with the diesel :p

My brother is selling a mk2 gti, minter too, got the recaro electric seats and FACTORY electric windows and headlight levellers! £4.5k it's yours lol. Even has an original first aid kit unused.... I had a go in my old fr a few weeks ago, and the torque is unreal! Forgot how unusable 1st is even in the dry though.

Sent from my iPhone

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Lol it's worth more than my car already! I like the torque of the diesel, will stick with mine for a while longer yet instead of wussing out and jumping straight in to an R :p

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Haha not yet, I'd fit a shallow sump first before considering engine spacers. The biggest problem I have is my splitter catching at the mo anyway!

Received my 20mm spacers today so will be fitting them tomorrow for a little more front wheel poke and then my 15mm spacers will be ready to go :)

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
Id suggest going for spacers first cos they raise the sump above the subframe. The shallow sump doesnt have an oil lvl sensor so that would bring up a light and need to be mapped out

Laser

Nov 6, 2011
Westmeath, Ireland
Id suggest going for spacers first cos they raise the sump above the subframe. The shallow sump doesnt have an oil lvl sensor so that would bring up a light and need to be mapped out

Diesels don't have the oil level sensor in the sump, thats only on the petrol models as far as I'm aware. I have the shallow sump on my FR and didn't have any problems with lights on.

ArmzFR150

Jan 15, 2014
East Sussex
The ARL engine doesn't have the level sensor in the sump in the Leon so you don't have to worry.

In golfs and passats etc it does but not in ours

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Diesels don't have the oil level sensor in the sump, thats only on the petrol models as far as I'm aware. I have the shallow sump on my FR and didn't have any problems with lights on.

The ARL engine doesn't have the level sensor in the sump in the Leon so you don't have to worry.

In golfs and passats etc it does but not in ours

And changed my mind back again! Shouldn't need to worry unless I decide to go any lower but thanks for the info guys :)