D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Get the engine sorted before you spend any money on the body work just in case.
A BAM should fit but you will also need the intercoolers, ECU, clocks and keys.
TFSi is a massive job, it's something I'm thinking of if I ever need to replace my engine but I've not looked into it fully.

WillG87

Jan 28, 2014
Body work will cost next to nothing as I say will be doing it myself and even a engine transplant is only about 400 - 500 for the engine which still stands me in a very good price for the car ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
She's doing alright mate :)
I thought you sold up ages ago ?

I know I spoke about it many a time but could never actually bring myself to do it.
She's a weekend car now rather than a daily hack so keeping the mileage and the repair bills down.

Hoping to do a few shows and and Santa Pod this year.

Any big plans for yours?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I've been close to selling mine recently but like you I dont think I could bring myself to do it.
we're picking up our new car tomorrow so mine will be getting a lot less use, I just washed I had a garage I could put it in.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I've not driven her for 2 weeks now and I'm suffering from boost withdrawal, might take her out for a spin tomorrow then decide what I'm going to do next :think:

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
Darren mines ended up the same just a weekend car kept it for two years in the end up sold which i might have been better doing at the start and getting more for her :-( getvit tucked away and keep it good mate not regreting it YET . New car soon i hope

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Darren mines ended up the same just a weekend car kept it for two years in the end up sold which i might have been better doing at the start and getting more for her :-( getvit tucked away and keep it good mate not regreting it YET . New car soon i hope

It's also only been a weekend car but recently I've been thinking about getting rid of it.
I've enjoyed driving the Juke and in a way I was hoping it would steer me away from the LCR and moddified cars but it hasn't worked, it's only been 2 weeks of not driving it and I was starting to miss it, we've just got back from a quick blast and it's made me realise that I need to keep it :)

It's due a service this month which will get done next weekend if I can get into my garage.
Going to order a new set of plugs and an oil filter in the week, I've already got the oil so that's saved a bit of money :)

Then I need to decide what to do about the paint work either respray it or wrap it, I've got a few ideas of colours for the wrap but I cant decide at the moment

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
Sounds good darren , not missing the drive yet but might be because i've not drove again , i know what your saying everytime i drove the leon it made me smile from ear to ear and loved it but shouldnt be long till im back on boost but on the darkside [B)]

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I've not really done much to the car recently mainly due to the poor weather and doing loads of overtime :)
I've got a nice little list of jobs building which I'll hopfully be ale to make a start on soon;
1) engine service
2) gearbox spline mod
3) check front and rear brake pads
4) respray the Brembo's
5) repaint the rear callipers
6) paint front and rear hubs
7) Decide what I'm going to do with the paint work on the car :think:

With regard to the paint work as I've mentioned before the bonnet lacquer is very badly scratched/cracked this was we think due to a poor quality lacquer being used a few years ago when I had some repair work done, also I've got a bit of lacquer peel on the front and rear bumpers. Because it's a metallic I know it will be a pig to match it and being a obsessed with how the car looks I'd want the whole thing reprayed which will cost around £1500 so I did a bit of playing around with a few ideas I had for another option.

Good old Forza :) I've done a few different designs but this is my favourite, the bonnet, roof and spoiler will be wrapped in a metallic gloss anthracite vinyl, the AmD twill be the same silver as the car's paint, I've decided not to get the bottom half of the car wrapped mainly due to the cost of it, the bonnet, roof, spoiler and lettering will cost around £260, I will still need to do something with the bumpers but they are not that noticeable.

Not the best picture but this is the colour I've chosen

It's pretty close to the colour of my wheels so it will tie everything in, also the AmD lettering on the doors will be the same colour.

I'm still undecided whether to go down this route but it's maybe the most cost effective option at the moment, I could run this for a year then save the money for the respray for next year,

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
A lot of work to do this year then Darren and also a lot of money. I do really like the idea of the two tone paintwork and will probably end up being the most unique MK1 out there mate, not that it isn't anyway ;)

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Whats the gearbox spline mod Darren? Mines got to have a new clutch very soon so whilst its out I might have to do it if its of any benefit

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.