Help! Heko Wind Deflectors

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
So.... I put some Team Heko deflectors on last week, felt nice and tight and secure... Until doing 70 odd on a bypass when yup I lost the offside/drivers-side rear one! And I know, I have since read about the clips that can be used to make them more secure.
Does anyone either have a spare on for sale or know where I can buy just one? Obviously I'm I don't really wanna buy a whole new set :(
Thanks.

ADzABOUT

Jan 26, 2010
NEAR NORWICH
Never loose one again!

When u get another one I strongly recommend removing all deflectors, give them good clean then make sure they're completely dry. Buy a good clear silicone sealant (one for upvc windows preferably)
Run a small (don't need much) bead along the whole front edge that fits up into the rubber,
Carefully insert deflector in place (push it away from rubber when inserting to avoid mess) once pushed up fully in place pull towards u to make contact, when happy it's all good do the window completely up still pulling deflector towards u. The window will obviously lock it in place and squash silicone completely flat creating a perfect seal and a good strong bond! Use a wet wipe to clean any excess silicone that may have come out (I didn't get much come out as u really don't need a great deal) the water in wet wipe helps smooth any excess neatly between rubber and deflector.
Leave all windows up for at least 24hours.
This will leave a sound strong bond once dry. (Having someone to help makes it 10 times easier)

U can practically hang off mine (well not really but u get what I mean lol) they really don't move at all and I'm completely confident they'll never come off until I yank them off which I won't ;)

Took all of about 30 mins to complete job. Hope this helps........
Hint: don't put silicone to near the top edge as u wouldn't want it getting between window and deflector!
Just a thin bead in the center worked fine for me.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Ive got one of these as I lost my drivers side one and had to buy a whole set to replace . Drop me a pm and il try dig it out for u ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ADzABOUT

Jan 26, 2010
NEAR NORWICH
Ha ha can't beat a happy ending jay.

Glad u got one mate, and trust me u can't go wrong with what I said. Get stuck (I'm sure u won't!) give me a shout.

Put some on my my friends car yesterday as he kept complaining they fall down a bit! Now they'll never fall down.
Another happy chappy :)

As for this website.............just one word........................... INVALUABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADzABOUT

Jan 26, 2010
NEAR NORWICH
Oh one other thing to add to my fitting guide,
Make sure the rubber u are making contact with is also clean.
Goes without saying really but thought I would anyway ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.