LED Fog Lights/White Fog Lights

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
Hello all!

Is there any way I can get my front fogs upgraded to LED or whiter at least bulbs on the new FR? The LED lights are great, but the front fogs look pants when they're on.

Thanks!

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
I'm tempted by some of the H8 LED units on ebay, but they look a bit odd!

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
I used these, ma9mwah, and am very pleased with them. Good price blend in with LEDS . I often illegally use them all the time at night round our country lanes to illuminate the road edges. But we are so full of potholes that I need to take precautions like seeing where I am heading

Simmo11

Jan 21, 2014
Burton on Trent
I used the same make of builds as Dephead above (MTEC) but used the cosmos white blue and they are a good colour match for the led headlights.

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
Would I be able to use the brighter bulbs without an error? Eg 50 or 65 watt? I only use my front fogs for cornering lights, never actually have them switched on so I'd like some bright bulbs.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Well I just replaced like for like i.e. H8. I find the brightness fine and the spread of light helpful and the colour match with LEDs good.

Only ever tried these so for a value for money price point I can only recommend them even though there may be better out there. I guess f you went too bright it might attract the attentions of the law?

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
This is true. Although they only come on at one side whilst turning below 20mph. I've ordered the cosmos blue ones from HIDSDirect for 11.99 :)

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Ah I see. I just switch mine on all the time when I need to avoid the potholes, which round here is most of the hours of darkness.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
White worked for me on advice from hids but others here use cosmos blues. Tbh it's not going to break the bank if you get both :)

You must have canbus if you are even going to investigate LEDs

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.