Finding best prices for a 2.0 184 TDI

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
I'm in the process of trying to figure out what a new Leon FR 184 HP would cost me vs a used/demo one. I quite fancy being able to pick out the exact spec I'd like.

I'm going to a longer test drive in a 184 on thursday, all being well I'd like to start talking prices with the dealer (JCT600 - but open to others if they can't sort a decent price).

What sort of discount should I be aiming for on list price of a base car (before I start adding the extras)? Is there any way to find the invoice price of these?

TMO

Feb 15, 2008
Stafford, Staffs
Try http://www.carwow.co.uk/ couple of people including me have got good deals from here, dealers bid on the spec you are after. Glad I found it as Stoke Seat gave me a better offer through here then when I walked through their door.

Downside seems to be limited amount of dealers on the scheme so you may not get one near you.

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
Had a quick response from Stoke SEAT already from that carwow site, very quick! If that is indicative of what could be available then it looks like I may be able to stretch to a brand new one with the extras I fancy, even if I would be paying for the next 7 years :/

Best go away and work out EXACTLY what I want now!

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
Think I will have to go new as I want DSG, out of 38 2nd hand 5dr 184's on ebay, only 1 is a DSG!

dimucci`

I tried Carwow, but the figures did not match that provided by Stoke Seat via Carfile. However, when presented with Stoke's figure, a nearby dealer all but matched it. The trip up to Stoke to collect the car, or have it delivered with nearly two hundred miles on the clock and not being able to check it over at the point of sale made the couple of hundred pounds saving involved not worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
Think I will have to go new as I want DSG, out of 38 2nd hand 5dr 184's on ebay, only 1 is a DSG!

Fleabay why ?

Just go into the dealers and find out about group stock I got a manual 184 with a ton of toys 2k on the clock 6k off list price no brainer really, any decent dealer will find what you want ;)

Hobbit

Aug 5, 2006
Stockport
Also used car wow and then contacted the dealers on the list.
Went over to Stoke Seat for a test drive (184 ST with tech pack) and got a really great welcome. Gave them details of prices I had been offered including What Car-target price and they beat them all and also offered me over £1000 more than I had been offered for a part exchange on my Altea XL.
Also got the interest free credit deal and the free tech pack. They even knocked money of the extras I added on top of the base price!
Seem really genuine and only 40 miles from me, car on order and is due to be built next week.
From my experience so far Stoke Seat seem to be a breath of fresh air compared to other Seat dealers near me.

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
Just of curiosity, what's the appeal to you of DSG?

Well it will mostly be driven by my girlfriend to and from work, 70 miles a day, some of which is stop start and so she wants an automatic. I actually prefer diesels with auto boxes too. I have manual in my fun car.

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
Fleabay why ?

Just go into the dealers and find out about group stock I got a manual 184 with a ton of toys 2k on the clock 6k off list price no brainer really, any decent dealer will find what you want ;)[/QUOTE

Only looking at fleebay for comparison reasons, as it's easier to filter out the 184 cars, something you can't do on the Seat website.

Ewan

May 7, 2008
Try BuyACar they do finance cash price for 184 is £18550.

I brought mine from them, it was a factory order and delivered early.

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
Also used car wow and then contacted the dealers on the list.
Went over to Stoke Seat for a test drive (184 ST with tech pack) and got a really great welcome. Gave them details of prices I had been offered including What Car-target price and they beat them all and also offered me over £1000 more than I had been offered for a part exchange on my Altea XL.
Also got the interest free credit deal and the free tech pack. They even knocked money of the extras I added on top of the base price!
Seem really genuine and only 40 miles from me, car on order and is due to be built next week.
From my experience so far Stoke Seat seem to be a breath of fresh air compared to other Seat dealers near me.

I had a quote from them through carwow, but I don't really know if that is a good price or if I should try to push to lower it further.

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
(sorry if sharing quote info if frowned on, mods - please let me know if that is the case)

I've now had a few quotes via the broker sites which are coming in at 24-25k for a new 184 with the following additional stuff:

Black paint
Sound pack
Sport styling body kit
Tech pack

Does that seem about right or should I be pushing for further discount?

Hobbit

Aug 5, 2006
Stockport
I had a quote from them through carwow, but I don't really know if that is a good price or if I should try to push to lower it further.

For info I managed to get the price from Stoke Seat nearly £500 lower than the lowest Car Wow quote. Price I ended up with was not as low as the cheapest Broker but not to far away and did the deal direct with the dealer who has kept in touch with updates etc.
Ordered 20th May and due to be built next week (week 26) so probably arrive by end of July beginning of August I am guessing.

scoobiesnacks

I'm looking at this model too. Can you post the best price you got and where? Which brokers did you use?
thanks

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
I'm getting the best quotes through carwow at the moment.
I'm getting around 5% off list price for the car and spec I'm looking at through carwow. Not as much as I'd hope, but still a reduction nontheless.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.