Advice wanted on 2008 leon k1 keeps throwing throttle body fault

mnmraine

Jun 16, 2014
Also to mention mine is faulting even when parked, I had the codes reset drive it less than 5 miles and left it on the drive, went to start it next day and faults were there the second I out the ignition on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnmraine

Jun 16, 2014
Well I've finally given in and booked the car into seat for it to be fixed, fingers crossed it gets fixed and not cost me a bomb, technician thinks it could be throttle body wiring loom as they currently have one in with the same problem, will keep updated of fault

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Hey there,

Can you confirm the part number of the brand new throttle body used? or where it was purchased from?

I had the same fault like TFSI MIKE and ALEX... but we all used the latest revision throttle bodies and been fine ever since (mine was 2nd hand but made sure it was the latest one!)

The latest one now ends with 06F133062(T) instead (Q)

The older ones will have VDO on them but the newer ones will have CONTINENTAL (stamped)

VW has also got a fix on the wiring too, like a TPS (forgot what they call them but there is a wiring fix too something to do about bad earthing)

Last edited:

MARK@CMBAUTOS

Jul 1, 2014
The Fault code's are
005445-throttle valve controller p1545-001-malfunction-intermittent

005476-throttle actuator (j338) p1564-002-under-voltage during basic setting-intermittent

U can clear both these codes and they re apear apon the ignition being turned on without the car being started:censored:
All codes have been taken Via vag com

Last edited:

mnmraine

Jun 16, 2014
Lol cheers, any ideas on what's causing it yet

MARK@CMBAUTOS

Jul 1, 2014
it states (under voltage during basic setting) i belive this is when the throttle body self adjusts before start up ??
could it be battery voltage ??? the battery looks and tests ok also starts the car and charges fine buts its not an OE battery its an exide battery
iv seen aftermarket batterys have the wrong starting amps etc and cause major managment issues
buts that wasnt on a seat

Last edited:

MARK@CMBAUTOS

Jul 1, 2014
autodata even states battery :shrug:
17972 ,P1564 Throttle control unit - voltage low during basic setting /causes/ Battery, wiring

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
The Fault code's are
005445-throttle valve controller p1545-001-malfunction-intermittent

005476-throttle actuator (j338) p1564-002-under-voltage during basic setting-intermittent

U can clear both these codes and they re apear apon the ignition being turned on without the car being started��:censored:
All codes have been taken Via vag com

I had the same codes on my Leon, Latest REVISION Throttle Body swapped and problems went away! ;)

Jan 3, 2014
I bought a direct replacement for my throttle body. Codes get kicked up every so often. Is this a certain cure for it? Might just buy it again and fit it. Wasn't that hard last time I done it

Jan 3, 2014
Right I'm going to buy the throttle body for my car. The one that ends in a cue. But would a CDN engine code work on my BWA engine?

Jan 3, 2014
Could the turbo waste gate cause these codes? My car seems to making a whooshing noise at 3000rpm

mnmraine

Jun 16, 2014
It could be faulty wiring as seat have one in with the same problem at the mo, we thought a new battery would sort it had the wrong battery but faults came up again yesterday so I'm now thinking it needs a new throttle body wiring loom but it's off to seat Monday, hopefully get some answers and the throttle body fitted is a continental one :-( can't wait to actually drive the car for more than 20 miles before it faults as I'm starting to lose all interest in it.

lukey K1

K1 owner
Oct 25, 2014
Staffordshire
Sorry to bring an old thread up but ive just had the EPC light and engine management light come on could this be related to the throttle body as i currently havent got the cash to trial and error this issue, mines a tfsi 08 plate

Cheers

mnmraine

Jun 16, 2014
I would get a diagnostics on it, I learnt the hard way of trying different things even with diagnostics and got pissed off with spending money after money and still having the same problem that I ended up sending it to seat and having to get a new ecu and remap overall cost me £4000 to fix it.

lukey K1

K1 owner
Oct 25, 2014
Staffordshire
Ive just out a thread up just run diagnotics n this was the code

08852 - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (n276) open circuit P2294 No signal/No communication intermitten.

Not sure what it means though lol

mnmraine

Jun 16, 2014
No idea, they are different codes to what mine had could be a problem with throttle body wiring loom. Best to speak to a mechanic and give them the codes they should be able to help you

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.