What did you and your MK2 do today?

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
I've had it done and seen it. Lol.

The hardest thing is getting the hub but out. Mechanic at our place snapped his big bar on crafoo's car when changing the springs.

Everythjng comes off bit by bit. You just need to tools and space. Wouldn't fancy trying to get to he nuts undone while on axle stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 28, 2013
Lanarkshire
Gave it a going over with g3 paint renovator, simoniz original wax, then wonder wheels paint sealant. That simoniz stuff is REALLY hard work, but good results from it. Cheaper than a gym membership as well.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Sounds like a ramp is needed at least. The noise is starting to annoy me now!

Just makes it a lot easier. I was sat in the car in mine, with the engines on and brake pedal pushed and one side was a dog to undo.

And if you've very undone a dog it's bloody hard. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
So yesterday I went down to AKS to finally fix my car's cylinder 2 idle misfire.
Alex quickly got stuck in and removed the manifold/surrounding parts.

He then removed all the injectors and checked them over. He noted that the one from cyl 2 was slightly more coked up than the others but still not as much as he was expecting.

The injectors were then all cleaned and had their Teflon seals replaced, the dodgy one was replaced with a new one and will be getting sent off to see what was wrong with it.

The flaps were then removed from the inlet ports and given a massive clean.....

Next up the inlets/valves were tackled......I was totally shocked by how the inside of the engine looked. Alex told me that it was actually quite a clean engine and had seen MUCH worse. So, not bad for 60k miles! :)

Before on left, after on the right!

We thought that whilst the engine was being treated to a nice "refresh" that we'd fit some new Spark plugs to go along with the new Coilpacks.

To go along with all the other treats for the engine it also had it's oil dropped and replaced with some more Miller's Nanodrive, this time 10w50 as I have a trackday this month.

Finally after the new Pagid Blue pads were fitted we also test fitted my 18" OZ Ultralegerra's to ensure they cleared the brakes ok.

Very happy to say they fit much better than the 18" Team Dynamic's 1.2's I've currently got for track so they'll be going up for sale soon I think.

The car is now running like a dream and pulling harder than ever. Big thanks to Alex for working so hard/late to get it all finished for me!

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
can i have first dibs on the 1.2's if you decide to sell them bignod00?
Hahahahaha, good man! :thumbup: I do have a friend who's always asked about them and also Betty Swollocks has asked me many times about them too.if neither of them are interested then you can. They'll probably be going fairly cheap as although they're in perfect working order they're in desperate need of a full refurb (they're candy purple right now!) ;)
You will get use to it :) especially if it was my car :whistle: news on Meth? eh?
Not yet buddy......it's something I'm maybe considering for the future though! :D

Last edited:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Love those wheels!!!

I would be scared to see my engine in bits lol

Those wheels are sex. I want them.

I love seeing an engine in bits :) I don't know why. This was my last weekend
adude4uj.jpg

Full exhaust change, manifold to pipes. Sparks changed, oil, etc etc.
then a bunch of interior work.
muny3usu.jpg

Something lovely about tearing a car apart and putting it back together better than it was

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members